• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium: F-1 - Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir, 2016

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it so Euro that the Brits and others continually disavow any engineering that Haas might actually do to make his Ferrari very competitive without serving the so-called "apprenticeship" the frikin's Eros always demand newcomers endure. Haas is basically taking it to them and by finishing 6th and 5th right out of the box, he is sending a very strong statement to the collective Euro elites to basically STHU!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument.

Yet I still think it's much more Ferrari than Haas.

Unlike the Toro Rosso.

Either way it's a breath of fresh air for F1. As are many of the new drivers.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an analysis and someone suggested they create an "Assembler" trophy for Haas and let everyone else battle for the "Constructor" championship.

Ferrari isn't about to give anyone else their top spec stuff, so I believe the Haas and the Toro Rosso are using last year's parts in the engine. The difference is Haas is also using last year's aero (minus a few Haas tweaks) from Ferrari and Toro Rosso is developing their chassis with Adrian Newey's help.

That's not to say you can't be successful and tune it yourself. I mean Red Bull had a stellar weekend in China using rejects from Renault's engine parts bin that they tweaked themselves. While the actual Renault languished way back.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an analysis and someone suggested they create an "Assembler" trophy for Haas and let everyone else battle for the "Constructor" championship.

Ferrari isn't about to give anyone else their top spec stuff, so I believe the Haas and the Toro Rosso are using last year's parts in the engine. The difference is Haas is also using last year's aero (minus a few Haas tweaks) from Ferrari and Toro Rosso is developing their chassis with Adrian Newey's help.

That's not to say you can't be successful and tune it yourself. I mean Red Bull had a stellar weekend in China using rejects from Renault's engine parts bin that they tweaked themselves. While the actual Renault languished way back.

They are doing a lot of off the shelf shopping at Scuderia Ferrari....