• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies vs Marlins Game Thread

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go PHILLLIES! Bullpen stats were amazing! Just one hit allowed in 6 innings! Nicasio is a
great addition. Hope they sign him next season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every time we think the real Phils are here to stay, the dildoes have a nasty way of showing up.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every time we think the real Phils are here to stay, the dildoes have a nasty way of showing up.

That's right, retro. But, what's really going on is the ML seasoning of most guys on this young team. Thompson did brilliant work today and he hasn't started more than a dozen games in two years up here. He won't be reliable until he gets in much more than a few dozen more starts. Same goes for Leiter, Lively, Eflin, and Pivetta. Then other pitchers, Nola, Eickhoff, and Velasquez have been in dozens of games and still seem to be struggling to be consistent.

Basically, that''s eight young pitchers who all can't fail. Some will but it seems three or four should come through within the next two years to become rock solid. I can't look at it any other way. It seems logical but who knows when we're talking about baseball predictions. So, I guess the dildoes can be expected to appear at least a few days each week. I think Philly fans realize that. I actually think it's possible the Phillies could win more than 81 games next year, with a few more replacements in the lineup and more mature pitching. I'm such an optimist! :hope:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that possibility jvett but the FO would do the fans a favor and increase their potential winning those 81 games next year if they rid themselves of a manager who has few clues on how to manage a developing winning team by generating consistent winning line-ups game-in and game-out.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that possibility jvett but the FO would do the fans a favor and increase their potential winning those 81 games next year if they rid themselves of a manager who has few clues on how to manage a developing winning team by generating consistent winning line-ups game-in and game-out.
You are correct. But the Phillies may take the view that he is learning too. However, it is hard to teach an
incompetent such as Mack.