• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Tampa Series Game Thread.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want all Phillies fans right now to stop stuffing your faces for a minute, open your windows, and holler out as loud as you can, “we’re in second place, headed to the playoffs!” Louder, I can’t hear you. Mother fvckers! :suds:
upload_2018-4-14_21-26-58.png

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have runners on base and in scoring positions, the simplest and most judicious thing to do then exactly that northeast: Advance the runners.

We have had this very bad habit, dating back to the days when lardass, Utley, and Rollins were here of swinging for the fences and missing, stranding runners when it was and is not exactly necessary to do so.

This is one of those team strategies that simply has not been cemented in our approach to winning over a very long time and we have paid a heavy price for it.
When you have runners on base and in scoring positions, the simplest and most judicious thing to do then exactly that northeast: Advance the runners.

We have had this very bad habit, dating back to the days when lardass, Utley, and Rollins were here of swinging for the fences and missing, stranding runners when it was and is not exactly necessary to do so.

This is one of those team strategies that simply has not been cemented in our approach to winning over a very long time and we have paid a heavy price for it.
Whatever happened to the hit and run? Run and hit as well. Hopefully they will work on it.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday's lineup.

C. Hernandez, 2B
C. Santana, 1B
O. Herrera, CF
R. Hoskins, LF
S. Kingery, 2B
M. Franco, 3B
A. Altherr, RF
A. Knapp, C
P. Florimon, SS

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relief pitching coming through in the Clutch. Best part of it all: Our two top relievers are on the DL.
We get even better when they return! GO) PHILLIES!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hapless Rays but good batting practice. We need it because after facing the Bravos, we have the Bucos and Dbacks to deal with, both surprising first place teams.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny jvett. I hope you and flex are right for a change!!

You know, the Phils haven’t had three consistent over the top hitters in their lineup since Howard, Utley, and Rollins who were really good from the day they started for the Phils. I’m thinking Herrera, Hoskins, and Kingery are headed in that direction. And with the pitching coming around, I don’t see how the Phils won’t make playoffs. I like to get excited early.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, the Phils haven’t had three consistent over the top hitters in their lineup since Howard, Utley, and Rollins who were really good from the day they started for the Phils. I’m thinking Herrera, Hoskins, and Kingery are headed in that direction. And with the pitching coming around, I don’t see how the Phils won’t make playoffs. I like to get excited early.
Kingery has a 6 game hitting streak. Hope Flex starts him on Monday. Hernandez is effective in lead off spot,
he sets the stage. Nick is coming along. Santana, should improve. Franco and catchers are lagging.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingery has a 6 game hitting streak. Hope Flex starts him on Monday. Hernandez is effective in lead off spot,
he sets the stage. Nick is coming along. Santana, should improve. Franco and catchers are lagging.

Yeah, I see all of these young guys busting out of it with more game time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe flex has finally figured-out how to run a major league team along with the FO.