• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Dodgers thread.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 2nd HR a manager or coach should have visited the mound. First to tell Neris to keep the ball down, 2nd to stall for time while another reliever warmed up. Instead they hung him up to dry. Poor management.
Franco made a weak effort on the bouncer that got into left field. This was hard to watch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fricking stupid.

And you were posting about a comment I posted deserving a facepalm SU? The Phillies being who they are, have had a recent history of losing games in the last several innings and they did it again yesterday. Very frustrating.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were posting about a comment I posted deserving a facepalm SU? The Phillies being who they are, have had a recent history of losing games in the last several innings and they did it again yesterday. Very frustrating.
Face palming your jinx of the team. Still seems fitting.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is a manager who plays by the book. He can not think on his own. A pitching coach that does not
visit the mound while Neris was throwing waist high fastballs on a platter is overpaid in my
opinion. Same for the manager. Our catcher should have visited Neris for a pep talk as well. Nobody warmed up
until the 3rd Homerun was given up. This allowed Neris to put the winning run on base.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something positive to talk about. Pivetta makes his 1st major league start for the Phillies this afternoon.
This renews my excitement for the Phillies today! GO PHILLIES!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although the loss is hard to take after going into the 9th with a 3-run lead, making me want to jump into the ocean,

ocean jump.jpg

a significant positive was achieved, with the surprise emergence of Zack Eflin as a premier starter in the rotation to go along with Hellboy, Jerad, Aaron, and Vinnie. Now, when you add unproven, young hurlers Ben Lively, Mark Leiter, and Nick Pivetta added into the mix, the near future looks very bright for the Phillies, even with the usual injuries that are bound to show up.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is a manager who plays by the book. He can not think on his own. A pitching coach that does not
visit the mound while Neris was throwing waist high fastballs on a platter is overpaid in my
opinion. Same for the manager. Our catcher should have visited Neris for a pep talk as well. Nobody warmed up
until the 3rd Homerun was given up. This allowed Neris to put the winning run on base.

I guess they were stupidly overconfident about Neris's ability. Whatever happened to those "invisible" pitches he used to throw? Having no one warming up at the start of the 9th (if that was the case) limited their options.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they were stupidly overconfident about Neris's ability. Whatever happened to those "invisible" pitches he used to throw? Having no one warming up at the start of the 9th (if that was the case) limited their options.
I'm not a huge buyer into the argument, but he has been damn near unhittable when he's not pitching in the 9th. Maybe he doesn't have the makeup to close.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph needs to be sent down Gomez the same.