• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies are bringing Kendrick back next year.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro said that he is an innings eater. The estimated contract will be around 8 million per year. probably a 2 year contract. No mention about Lannan being offered a deal. I was hoping that we would move on from Kendrick,Halladay,and lannan. I must admit, I am frustrated about our future with Amaro at the Helm!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Kendrick at 8 million a year.............."because hes an innings eater"

ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gonna need a link to where it says the estimated contract is $8 mill per year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need a link to where it says the estimated contract is $8 mill per year.

This doesn't give an estimated contract number but it says "due to the nature of arbitration he would be due a hefty raise". I'm not sure if I have a problem with Amaro or "the nature of arbitration". Also I don't mind having Kendrick on the team, but if next year's team is constructed so that Kendrick is the third best starter I'd be pretty concerned about the starting pitching.

Kendrick has one more year of team control as he enters his fourth season of arbitration eligibility. The 2013 season is the last of a two-year contract worth $7.5 million that the Phillies signed him to in an effort to avoid arbitration.
Despite still being under team control, there had been questions about whether the team might non-tender Kendrick after he posted a 4.70 ERA and 1.40 WHIP over 30 starts in 2013. Due to the nature of arbitration, he would also be due a hefty raise from the $4.5 million he is making this season.
The Phillies have 10 players eligible for arbitration in the offseason, with Kendrick likely to be the highest-paid. Bringing back Kendrick will keep the Phillies' top three starters from 2013 intact. Roy Halladay has a $20 million option to potentially be the number four starter. Both John Lannan and Jonathan Pettibone, each of whom started at least 14 games, remain under team control.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Cedrique for the info. Arbitration arrives at a figure that the two parties would never arrive at. The decision does not mandate a club that they have to sign the guy but if they want to keep whomever, the arbitration price is what the team has to cough-up. In this case, get somebody else.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't give an estimated contract number but it says "due to the nature of arbitration he would be due a hefty raise". I'm not sure if I have a problem with Amaro or "the nature of arbitration". Also I don't mind having Kendrick on the team, but if next year's team is constructed so that Kendrick is the third best starter I'd be pretty concerned about the starting pitching.

Kendrick has one more year of team control as he enters his fourth season of arbitration eligibility. The 2013 season is the last of a two-year contract worth $7.5 million that the Phillies signed him to in an effort to avoid arbitration.
Despite still being under team control, there had been questions about whether the team might non-tender Kendrick after he posted a 4.70 ERA and 1.40 WHIP over 30 starts in 2013. Due to the nature of arbitration, he would also be due a hefty raise from the $4.5 million he is making this season.
The Phillies have 10 players eligible for arbitration in the offseason, with Kendrick likely to be the highest-paid. Bringing back Kendrick will keep the Phillies' top three starters from 2013 intact. Roy Halladay has a $20 million option to potentially be the number four starter. Both John Lannan and Jonathan Pettibone, each of whom started at least 14 games, remain under team control.

you wanna keep Kendrick on as the number 4 at most, but if hes the number 3 behind Hamels and Lee, then your looking at an 80 win season in 2014 at best

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure BPNAZ? WE had Hamels, Lee, and Kendricks along with Halladay until he faltered with physical issues and we still didn't break 80 wins.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure BPNAZ? WE had Hamels, Lee, and Kendricks along with Halladay until he faltered with physical issues and we still didn't break 80 wins.

Obviously if the bullpen and offense isn't improved over last year it will be hard to win more games but hopefully those areas will be better. The Phillies were 15-15 in Kendricks starts in an off year for him so if he is your 5th best starter that's probably a good rotation. If he bounces back and is your 4th best that is good too. If you expect Kendrick to be the 3rd best guy in the rotation with guys like Lannan behind him, well then you're in trouble.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst GM in mlb history by a landslide, that fucking grease ball has to go! Ruin Tomorrow Jr GM of the year, can't wait till he resigns chooch for 5 yrs at whatever ridiculous price tag, hate to say it but I'm prob done with this team for a few years, can't stand to see them get older and older and refuse to give kids a shot. I hear Julio Franco is making a come back maybe we can get him on the cheap for at least 5yrs at 10/yr!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst GM in mlb history by a landslide, that fucking grease ball has to go! Ruin Tomorrow Jr GM of the year, can't wait till he resigns chooch for 5 yrs at whatever ridiculous price tag, hate to say it but I'm prob done with this team for a few years, can't stand to see them get older and older and refuse to give kids a shot. I hear Julio Franco is making a come back maybe we can get him on the cheap for at least 5yrs at 10/yr!

I heard Maikel Franco is the great grandson of Julio Franco.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cuban pitcher (Gonzalez) is already projected as our number 3 starter. He is being paid 3 million a year, toss in Kendrick at 7-8 million per, subtract Halladays salary (20 million), and Amaro will have a ton of money left to spend in 2014. Also, we can let Pettibone and lannan duel it for our 5th starter.