• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Steele's All Big XII Team (10 Mountaineers)

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele

Rushel Shell, Mario Alford, Mark Glowinski, Quinton Spain, Nick Kwiatkoski, Brandon Golson, Daryl Worley, Karl Joseph, Josh Lambert, Nick O’Toole

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that it means much as he picks 1st through 4th team players...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how many of Stewart's recruits made this list…

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, as long as DH has had the team it's got to be his bag. He's recruited most of this team, so they should be his players. As I've said many times, this is the year DH should be turning the corner. I can't stand the SOB, but I hope he succeeds.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a solid season, another year of exp for these guys and it should start showing. Cannot wait for the season to start.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldRusher provided a link claiming WVU has the hardest schedule among Big 12 teams.

WVU has a challenge awaiting them this season… with few upperclassmen to provide 4 years of solid legwork and leadership for this team.

Dana has had 3 seasons to recruit his guys. Many of the players named to this list are Dana's recruits. A good number of them are JUCO's he's had to bring in to fill the void in the upperclassmen ranks.

I still don't know how one can measure success for the upcoming season… or to say they've turned the corner.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldRusher provided a link claiming WVU has the hardest schedule among Big 12 teams.

WVU has a challenge awaiting them this season… with few upperclassmen to provide 4 years of solid legwork and leadership for this team.

Dana has had 3 seasons to recruit his guys. Many of the players named to this list are Dana's recruits. A good number of them are JUCO's he's had to bring in to fill the void in the upperclassmen ranks.

I still don't know how one can measure success for the upcoming season… or to say they've turned the corner.

10 of the 12 games on our schedule are the same as last year. We replace Georgia Southern with Alabama and JMU with Towson. This team will be dominated by seniors and juniors, many of whom have started since their Freshman year. While lacking in 4 year seniors, the JUCO transfers provide us with at least 4 senior starters.

Easy to measure success for this season, just look at the W-L record and the scores. I also place much emphasis on 4th quarter performance. How many games do we lose in the 4th quarter this year? Does Holgy learn to win the close ones?

This is the year that we find out if Holgy can coach. He has had 3+ years of recruiting, a very experienced team (in terms of starts). I'm not expecting a championship, but I do expect to see much better performances than last year.

Looking at last year, the team was not so bad. We were able to hang with Oklahoma and Texas. We were able to beat OK State, who was at the top of the conference, but floundered against the bottom feeders. A couple of games, the team just gave up. We blew 4th quarter leads. This all speaks to me as poor coaching. More of the same this year and I am off the Holgy board.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is true that 10 games on the schedule are same teams from last year, the site where those games will be played is different.

Preseason top 10 teams Baylor and OU will be in Morgantown, and then KU, KSU and TCU come to town as well. How many of those will WVU be favored?

Road games at Texas, TT, Okie St and ISU. How many of those games will WVU be favored? All 4 of these games have distinct home field advantages.

And, WVU must play UofM in their place as well.

There is no way to compare the difficulty of this year's schedule with that from last year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of those years where I think we will just know...W-L record could be anything but as a fan base we will be able to look at what happens in the field and be able to tell if this coach can put together a quality product.

I still disagree with anyone who says the team quit last year....we were beat up and thin across the board. You don't take a team into 3OTs because you quit.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you DC. I don't think I will rely on a W/L record as much this year, as I will an eye test. How well they compete week to week may mean more to me as a fan than outcome. Of course I will always be happy with a win!

Like I've said before, I did not see the KU game; however, I read that Dana was not pleased with how the kids handled the game. Some of them mentioned they came into the game disrespecting the opponent, and thought it was going to be an easy win.

The ISU loss was due to some freaky TO's in the 4th qtr.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%, I will judge the season based on what I see as improvement from last season, at least the best I can. I've said it before that's gonna be tough with the new guys we have that will be seeing their first action and this years schedule but we can prob make a fair judgment with games like Baylor, TT, KState and Texas based on how the team performs.
It was ugly last year but in defense we were very very close to having a 7-8 win year, this team COULD surprise.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally with you on last year's team DC. We had 3rd string players starting in multiple positions near the end of the season last year. A little depth and we could have easily had 7 or 8 wins. This team should be better and deeper.