• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peters extended

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lane has been majorly overpaid as a RT. He is already making top 10 LT money. He has nothing to be annoyed about.

Peters going to LG makes a ton of sense to keep him playing a bit longer, and would still be very valuable to the eagles there.

Exactly!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not for even keeping Peters a few months ago if it meant more money. But.....let's take it this way....cap flexibility is kept neutral.....so I am good with this.

I like the piece I saw where Peterson did not deny Peters could move into something like LG in the future if it makes sense. That could extend him even more.

So....it still feels like just as much risk if the wheels fall off at any point. And the All Pro LT is happy. Win-win

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not for even keeping Peters a few months ago if it meant more money. But.....let's take it this way....cap flexibility is kept neutral.....so I am good with this.

I like the piece I saw where Peterson did not deny Peters could move into something like LG in the future if it makes sense. That could extend him even more.

So....it still feels like just as much risk if the wheels fall off at any point. And the All Pro LT is happy. Win-win

Its not a cap neutral maneuver however. Peters is essentially guaranteed another year at 10 million or 5 if they dont give him the additional year. Good move perhaps but definitely impacts their cap flexibility moving forward in a negative way.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a cap neutral maneuver however. Peters is essentially guaranteed another year at 10 million or 5 if they dont give him the additional year. Good move perhaps but definitely impacts their cap flexibility moving forward in a negative way.

not when you consider what we got for the money, and reduced another hole to have to fill in the short term. It increases quality depth on the OL at both RT and LG now as well.

We have already been over this - there is a TON of cap money that can be freed up after this season. There are a lot of players that will be able to be improved on and money saved by letting go. Your just complaining for the sake of complaining. I've already proven to you how many consecutive years that NE had to get Brady to redo his contract to free up more cap space for them. We have overspent in a few places, but many teams do - and we have gotten some bargains. Your boy Chip created a lot of problems we are still getting out of. But we are fine for this year, and will be in an even better situation in 2018 and better in 2019. Your just complaining needlessly, but that is who you are and what you do.

Peters extended is a good thing for PHI - in the short term and medium term. His desire to stay and ability to switch to LG as needed is nothing but positive for PHI. Any LT that comes in with have a great mentor and great help at LG beside him. What a great situation.

It's not cap neutral - it's money well spent. And it helps the team cap wise as well. Only a non fan would see a problem in this.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not when you consider what we got for the money, and reduced another hole to have to fill in the short term. It increases quality depth on the OL at both RT and LG now as well.

We have already been over this - there is a TON of cap money that can be freed up after this season. There are a lot of players that will be able to be improved on and money saved by letting go. Your just complaining for the sake of complaining. I've already proven to you how many consecutive years that NE had to get Brady to redo his contract to free up more cap space for them. We have overspent in a few places, but many teams do - and we have gotten some bargains. Your boy Chip created a lot of problems we are still getting out of. But we are fine for this year, and will be in an even better situation in 2018 and better in 2019. Your just complaining needlessly, but that is who you are and what you do.

Peters extended is a good thing for PHI - in the short term and medium term. His desire to stay and ability to switch to LG as needed is nothing but positive for PHI. Any LT that comes in with have a great mentor and great help at LG beside him. What a great situation.

It's not cap neutral - it's money well spent. And it helps the team cap wise as well. Only a non fan would see a problem in this.

I get a kick out of how you choose to agree with me and sound so hostile doing so.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a kick out of how you choose to agree with me and sound so hostile doing so.

ok....so I read both of you guys posts. I have one question. Where did he agree with you because I sure don't see it?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok....so I read both of you guys posts. I have one question. Where did he agree with you because I sure don't see it?

We both agreed extending Peters was a good thing and that it was not cap neutral.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both agreed extending Peters was a good thing and that it was not cap neutral.

Ok...I can see that but I don't think that was his point. Based on how I read it he did not agree with you. I think you are ignoring a big component in his response to you. I think he was responding mostly to your comments on how it impacts the teams salary cap going forward but hey I could be wrong on that.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...I can see that but I don't think that was his point. Based on how I read it he did not agree with you. I think you are ignoring a big component in his response to you. I think he was responding mostly to your comments on how it impacts the teams salary cap going forward but hey I could be wrong on that.

Yeah as usual he got off topic and brought up other things we disagree on as well. Seems to have alot of pent up anger....sad.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you did not imply at all that signing peters was good because you backed it up with an argument of the mistake that it is and the cap implications.

and while I do agree it is not cap neutral - we disagree on it - because you view it as a mistake (spending money and reducing our cap) and I said it was a worthwhile investment and money well spent. Further, I said there is a ton of money that can be freed up as well, and said your cap doom view is simply wrong.

It is no surprise that you would try to misalign things, even in this. You argue for the sake of reaction, not accuracy. You simply need/desire attention. Your not an eagles fan, as you have admitted yourself. 99% of what you post is criticism of everything the eagles do and see nothing that they do is right. Even In areas we might agree on - rest assured, it's for very different reasons. I love this team. You do not.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is one of, if not the most respected man in their locker room. I've said all along that even 75-80% of Peters compared to his prime is still better than two-thirds of the tackles in the NFL. He is a rare cat.

Also the fact that he said he is willing to move to Guard at some point will only help him and the team moving forward.

I wonder if the Eagles asked him to consider Guard, and him relenting to it, was part of the condition on the extension? Wouldn't surprise me if it were the case, since he was so adverse to it before the pay bump.