• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Personnel changes vs. Minnesota

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be getting a new look on the OLine come Saturday. Apparently Bryant is finally ready to go and will step up at LG. This move will slide Glasgow over to C and Miller to the pine (thank the good Lord above). We may also see Funchess split wide (really like this idea) and perhaps an appearance by the frosh, Da'Mario Jones. Also hoping to see more playing time from D Green and D Smith. Maybe even Hayes gets a couple of touches...

As for the D, there doesn't look to be a whole lot of shaking things up. If the youngsters Charlton, Stribling, and D Thomas finish out the week strong I think they will all get a handful of plays, not limited to special teams.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always nervous about changes in mid-season like this. In this case, we're only doing it out of desperation because Miller is sucking so bad. But hopefully, if anything, with a little more size up the middle our line can get just a tad bit more push.

Our TE's are a bigger problem than a lot of people are pointing out. Everything in the news right now is about the OL but a lot of the problems in our power formation have existed because the TE's can't block anyone.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always nervous about changes in mid-season like this. In this case, we're only doing it out of desperation because Miller is sucking so bad. But hopefully, if anything, with a little more size up the middle our line can get just a tad bit more push.

Our TE's are a bigger problem than a lot of people are pointing out. Everything in the news right now is about the OL but a lot of the problems in our power formation have existed because the TE's can't block anyone.

The OLine changes are necessary. Hoke made a comment that production is more important than chemistry right now. I agree with this. Glasgow was neck and neck with Miller to start at center during spring and summer ball. The two more or less split reps. Bryant was thought to be the starter at LG until his knee flared up and required draining. So it won't be much of a system shock across the line, simply upgrades where needed most.

AJ Williams has been hurt for most of the season. He is our best blocking TE. Funchess fits more of a wideout mold. He'll do more damage on the outside (and yes, a liability blocking). Jake Butt (true freshman) will develop into a solid blocking/pass catching TE, but this will take time. The TEs are still a work in progress.

**Bunting will be a stud but he too is more of a pass catching TE.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OLine changes are necessary. Hoke made a comment that production is more important than chemistry right now. I agree with this. Glasgow was neck and neck with Miller to start at center during spring and summer ball. The two more or less split reps. Bryant was thought to be the starter at LG until his knee flared up and required draining. So it won't be much of a system shock across the line, simply upgrades where needed most.

AJ Williams has been hurt for most of the season. He is our best blocking TE. Funchess fits more of a wideout mold. He'll do more damage on the outside (and yes, a liability blocking). Jake Butt (true freshman) will develop into a solid blocking/pass catching TE, but this will take time. The TEs are still a work in progress.

The O-line changes are necessary but it's not always greener on the other side. This combination may produce the same, or more, problems than the line had with Miller in. Obviously it could also go the other way and help. As I said, it was necessary but I'm just trying to curb some excitement about the whole thing.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightmare, if the changes to the line do happen, it will be to give DG some time to throw the ball. I don't think running the football is going to be a strength of this team regardless of who is snapping the ball. It would be great to see Jones get some playing time opposite Gallon with Dileo in the slot.

Funchess shouldn't see the field except down near the goal line. His size can help out there, possibly replace Jones.

Regardless, the only thing I want to see out of this game is for the protection around DG to improve. We need to take some pressure off of him and see what he can do.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightmare, if the changes to the line do happen, it will be to give DG some time to throw the ball. I don't think running the football is going to be a strength of this team regardless of who is snapping the ball. It would be great to see Jones get some playing time opposite Gallon with Dileo in the slot.

Funchess shouldn't see the field except down near the goal line. His size can help out there, possibly replace Jones.

Regardless, the only thing I want to see out of this game is for the protection around DG to improve. We need to take some pressure off of him and see what he can do.

I want us to take care of the damn ball. If we can get out without a turnover, or maybe just 1, then it will be a huge improvement. I think our run game can struggle by all year long, especially when Devin can rush like he can, but taking care of the ball and Devin's ability to pass needs to be better. I do think that Bryant in the lineup will at least give the line a little bit more size and should allow us to get that 1 yard we seem to have a hard time getting.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to take care of the damn ball. If we can get out without a turnover, or maybe just 1, then it will be a huge improvement. I think our run game can struggle by all year long, especially when Devin can rush like he can, but taking care of the ball and Devin's ability to pass needs to be better. I do think that Bryant in the lineup will at least give the line a little bit more size and should allow us to get that 1 yard we seem to have a hard time getting.

Taking care of the ball is easy. Have the QB take a knee and you will never have a turnover. It gets a little trickier the more you ask that QB to do and right now Michigan is asking DG to do too much. This is a direct result of not having enough talent at the skill positions.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking care of the ball is easy. Have the QB take a knee and you will never have a turnover. It gets a little trickier the more you ask that QB to do and right now Michigan is asking DG to do too much. This is a direct result of not having enough talent at the skill positions.

No turnovers and push from the O-line I'm happy. Though, it did take all my might not to get into a yelling match with the guy next to me who called for Shane Morris, and was serious, after Gardner missed a pass in the first half.

WestCoastWolverine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be getting a new look on the OLine come Saturday. Apparently Bryant is finally ready to go and will step up at LG. This move will slide Glasgow over to C and Miller to the pine (thank the good Lord above). We may also see Funchess split wide (really like this idea) and perhaps an appearance by the frosh, Da'Mario Jones. Also hoping to see more playing time from D Green and D Smith. Maybe even Hayes gets a couple of touches...

As for the D, there doesn't look to be a whole lot of shaking things up. If the youngsters Charlton, Stribling, and D Thomas finish out the week strong I think they will all get a handful of plays, not limited to special teams.
I'm also waiting to see Taco Charlton get some time. Other than Clark, our D Line can't seem to beat anybody one on one. Charlton looked good during the spring game.

I also like Rawls. Rawls always seems to run well when given the opportunity. I can't figure why he does not play more.