• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perine has to step up now

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kelley is done. After the Saints game the schedule does get easier hopefully we can run. Perine has the tools lets hope he gets started. Cant count on Thompson to carry the ball over 12 times per game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine appeared to have his best game against the third best defense in the league. Let's hope it continues.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his best game came against the Rams. He didn't see much action in the 2nd half, but that wasn't his fault either. He did make a nice contribution on the Skins 2nd TD drive though. But he was also stuffed a couple times on a couple 3rd n short and everyone's knows you're running plays. Still, upon consideration, I'd of liked to have seen him get at least a carry when the Skins got down to the Vikes 3 yd ln on their initial 2nd half possession. Instead Gruden went with 3 straight passes, though I gotta say. If Doctson doesn't slip and fall down. I think that play would've been a TD. There's something inherently wrong with the amount of passing we do on 3rd n short, 2 yards or less and its not all on the RBs,

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run to pass ratio
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Passing Play Percentage on TeamRankings.com
passing
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Rushing Play Percentage on TeamRankings.com
rushing

There's something inherently wrong with the amount of passing we do on 3rd n short, 2 yards or less and its not all on the RBs,

Yeap I have notice this for some time. I have even notice it sometimes on 2nd and short. We are a passing team period. Now the question is that b/c we have no RB or is this part of Gruden offense approach. As for as I can remember Gruden never had a good rushing attack and never really had a RG ranked in the top 10. So he is a pass first coach. Sean McVay is gone, now we see Gruden for what he really is. Some say we do not have a good RB but it will be interesting if we do obtain a good RB. But no matter how you look at it Gruden simply put, he believes in passing first and run later. Take note Reed and is not a good blocking TE. Garcon was a decent blocking WR also.

I am old school, we need more of a balance attack and you don't necessary need a top notch RB. It would help acourse but when it is 2nd /3rd and long we need to run the ball. It's all about execution and good blocking.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run to pass ratio
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Passing Play Percentage on TeamRankings.com
passing
NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Rushing Play Percentage on TeamRankings.com
rushing

There's something inherently wrong with the amount of passing we do on 3rd n short, 2 yards or less and its not all on the RBs,

Yeap I have notice this for some time. I have even notice it sometimes on 2nd and short. We are a passing team period. Now the question is that b/c we have no RB or is this part of Gruden offense approach. As for as I can remember Gruden never had a good rushing attack and never really had a RG ranked in the top 10. So he is a pass first coach. Sean McVay is gone, now we see Gruden for what he really is. Some say we do not have a good RB but it will be interesting if we do obtain a good RB. But no matter how you look at it Gruden simply put, he believes in passing first and run later. Take note Reed and is not a good blocking TE. Garcon was a decent blocking WR also.

I am old school, we need more of a balance attack and you don't necessary need a top notch RB. It would help acourse but when it is 2nd /3rd and long we need to run the ball. It's all about execution and good blocking.

I agree that they need to run more. However that has been tough recently w/ injuries to the O line and Kelley. It was compounded by the fact that Perine was ineffective & had fumbling issues. Would Gruden run more w/ a decent RB & healthy line? Who knows - hopefully we see in the weeks ahead (well at least the line part). 3 of their games are against some of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one wants to say it so i will , it will take some time for perine to be consistent , why ?

he was a 4th rounder for a reason , he had some good qualities but we still need to mine the nuances of his game

my philosophy on draft picks tends to be right most of the time

he will get some carries and look good at times and he will fail and make mistakes too

he could really blossom in a couple of years . it took time for CT to get things worked out too (5th rounder )

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one wants to say it so i will , it will take some time for perine to be consistent , why ?

he was a 4th rounder for a reason , he had some good qualities but we still need to mine the nuances of his game

my philosophy on draft picks tends to be right most of the time

he will get some carries and look good at times and he will fail and make mistakes too

he could really blossom in a couple of years . it took time for CT to get things worked out too (5th rounder )

Hunt was drafted in the 3rd round. Draft location doesn't matter for RB's.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt was drafted in the 3rd round. Draft location doesn't matter for RB's.
draft location matters as far as being developed . who cares about the exceptions to the rules ? generally speaking 4th rounders take more time to develop

dig a little deeper and stop with the BS

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft location matters as far as being developed . who cares about the exceptions to the rules ? generally speaking 4th rounders take more time to develop

dig a little deeper and stop with the BS

what BS. Ajayi was a 5th rounder. Doesn't matter when RB's are taken.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what BS. Ajayi was a 5th rounder. Doesn't matter when RB's are taken.

Jay Ajayi

Ajayi did next to nothing in his rookie year. He did in his 2nd year & honestly all of his stats came in 4 games (that is the knock against him & that he simply goes for the home run). I think that Skinsdad is basically stating that RBs (& all players) develop at different rates. Who knows - Perine may blossom next season - it has happened for lots of players. Yes - he could come through this season but don't beat the guy up if he falls a little short.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Ajayi

Ajayi did next to nothing in his rookie year. He did in his 2nd year & honestly all of his stats came in 4 games (that is the knock against him & that he simply goes for the home run). I think that Skinsdad is basically stating that RBs (& all players) develop at different rates. Who knows - Perine may blossom next season - it has happened for lots of players. Yes - he could come through this season but don't beat the guy up if he falls a little short.
dean doesnt grasp simple concepts

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. you are looking way too much into it.
i can pull up an extensive lists of 4th rounders or lower who take longer then half a season to develop obliterating the success rates care to play ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can pull up an extensive lists of 4th rounders or lower who take longer then half a season to develop obliterating the success rates care to play ?

I thought RB's were the fastest to succeed in the NFL for rookies.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Including his guy Ajayi which was a terrible example. Don't let facts get in the way of your rants Dean.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought RB's were the fastest to succeed in the NFL for rookies.

They can be. Look at Zeke and Alf as examples. But sometimes they have to reacquire their mojo once getting to the NFL and it can take a season or two. Look at DeMarco Murray and Mark Ingram as examples.

There's no set in stone method far as how or when a player becomes an effective or outstanding player at his position. Generally speaking though, it is believed that RBs have an easier transition, far as getting up to NFL speed, than other skilled position players.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can be. Look at Zeke and Alf as examples. But sometimes they have to reacquire their mojo once getting to the NFL and it can take a season or two. Look at DeMarco Murray and Mark Ingram as examples.

There's no set in stone method far as how or when a player becomes an effective or outstanding player at his position. Generally speaking though, it is believed that RBs have an easier transition, far as getting up to NFL speed, than other skilled position players.

that was my point

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was my point

Why didn't you say that than instead of saying it doesn't matter where a RB is taken in the draft. You can make the same claim about any position.