• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per Rotoworld, We're Looking At Jeremy Parnell and Mike Iupati

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're looking at both of these guys should not be that much of a surprise. Iupati is clearly the better of the two but he's supposedly looking for $8.5M per year. That may seem like a lot but remember that that figure is an average that includes things like amortized signing bonus money and back-loaded, non-guaranteed base salary that artificially inflates contract numbers. Give him a $15M signing bonus over five years and guarantees in base salary over the first few years and he should be happy. The problem however is if someone else like San Diego starts a bidding war.

Parnell would be cheaper and fits our most pressing need, but I wonder how good he really is. I know he's better than Doug Free, whom Dallas just re-signed. I'm hoping that between Callahan and McCloughan, they'll make the right call on whether to ink him. If we do get him, though, I wonder what that'll mean for Morgan Moses. The kid looked lost last year and he needs to rehab from a Lisfranc injury.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So supposed we sign BOTH. Its not like we dont need a starting RT and a starting RG. Cut Chester and he pays for half of Iupati, Kinda leaves us with figuring out Parnell deal.

Just a thought.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. We can use the $4M in cap savings by cutting Chester to offset most of Iupati's first year cap number. But he'll have to play LG, which is currently being manned by that stiff Lauvao. Maybe we can slide him over to RG. But this raises the issue of where Spencer Long stands -- or Leribeus for that matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. We can use the $4M in cap savings by cutting Chester to offset most of Iupati's first year cap number. But he'll have to play LG, which is currently being manned by that stiff Lauvao. Maybe we can slide him over to RG. But this raises the issue of where Spencer Long stands -- or Leribeus for that matter.

Fuck Long and Leribeius.... IF either of these stiffs were more than backups, then Chester would have been benched last year. And we wouldnt be considering the signing of Iupati to begin with.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not get'no free agents heard the'money and'get'find

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, I though Moses was a mistake and I dont think he will be of any use this year in any case.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Long and Leribeius.... IF either of these stiffs were more than backups, then Chester would have been benched last year. And we wouldnt be considering the signing of Iupati to begin with.

Wow! Lol. I agree on Leribeus but Long is still young. Also, Moses could pan out at guard too.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Lol. I agree on Leribeus but Long is still young. Also, Moses could pan out at guard too.

Maybe Im being a bit harsh, but if Long were considered the future, we wouldnt be courting Iupati. Moses pan out?? Dude has two left feet and one of those is broken. He did good in college against weak competition. He was exposed the few times he did get onto the field, then came up broke dick.... a 3rd rounder cant be considered a bust, but I do consider him yet another wasted pick.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive read that iupati isnt good in pass protection but hes an amazing run blocker. im not as sold on him as i used to be. boling maybe be the smarter choice

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Im being a bit harsh, but if Long were considered the future, we wouldnt be courting Iupati. Moses pan out?? Dude has two left feet and one of those is broken. He did good in college against weak competition. He was exposed the few times he did get onto the field, then came up broke dick.... a 3rd rounder cant be considered a bust, but I do consider him yet another wasted pick.

You've got quite the comedic flair. . You outta come out to Cali to showcase your talents. As for Long, I believe he's a RG. The guy that this really puts a spotlight on is Lauvao. He potentially is looking like a FA bust just like Andre Roberts.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant give up on long, foerster was terrible at developing. callahan is one of the best o line coaches out there. long is more of a power lineman, i think he will start at rg this year.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant give up on long, foerster was terrible at developing. callahan is one of the best o line coaches out there. long is more of a power lineman, i think he will start at rg this year.

Good points. Maybe there's hope for Moses yet.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team is considering signing Iupati, thats a 3-5 million dollar a year deal. I havent given up on him, the coach has. Again if they thought he was even CLOSE to being a capable starter, no way do we go after a guy like Iupati. We are talking about a Guard here, not a LT. And if we sign Iupati.. no way does Long start at RG. Backup maybe, but if he was capable of starting, we would have no need for Iupati.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think iupati would start at LG and long at RG which makes lauvao our back up guard. i really dont want iupati to play RG if we sign him, that would mean there is risk of him being a bust because hes not next to a pro bowl LT and hes switching to a different side. hes good and could most likely handle himself on an island at RG but i just want zero chance of him being a bad signing if we do go that route.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need both Parnell and Iupati or at least one of them. Since I live in Dallas I should know alittle about them.
Let me refresh some you guys memory. In 2012 on Thanksgiving day we beat the Boys. There starting Lt Smith was hurt and Parnell started that game. He did okay as a matter of fact his play earned him more playing time. He shared time with Free the rest of the 2014 season. He also replaced Free at the end of this past 2015 season. If I remember correctly he started the Lions and the Packers game also. He has good lateral movement and a former basketball player. I remember back in January when Bill Callahan said "Parnell could start for any other team". He would be and excellent player to sign. The only problem is that we may have to spend more to get him although he is a backup many teams will be after him. Parnell has some talent. Hell guys he could be in the top 5 as far as available Tackles in this yr FA's.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parnell sounds good to me, callahan will probably push for him. it seems we are going to be very active march 10th

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parnell sounds good to me, callahan will probably push for him. it seems we are going to be very active march 10th

Callahan will be to our advantage, there's no doubt. It also helps that the Boys are tie up with other important matters like resigning bryant and Murray. They have already signed Free. However there are many teams in need of a RT and you can bet they hae their eyes on Parnell also. I just hope we land him.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan will be to our advantage, there's no doubt. It also helps that the Boys are tie up with other important matters like resigning bryant and Murray. They have already signed Free. However there are many teams in need of a RT and you can bet they hae their eyes on Parnell also. I just hope we land him.
hopefully parnell wants to play for callahan. we should have that advantage