• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Wrestling

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Dance? You beat Megaludis earlier this year. Hopefully he gets his act together next year.

I am very happy with 4th, and Dresser winning Coach of the Year.

Sucks to suck Hawkeyes. Try to avoid VT next year too, please.

Congrats @linebackeru on a well deserved Natty. I watched our dual earlier this year, and your whole roster was stacked. Lots of talent across the board.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Dance? You beat Megaludis earlier this year. Hopefully he gets his act together next year.

I am very happy with 4th, and Dresser winning Coach of the Year.

Sucks to suck Hawkeyes. Try to avoid VT next year too, please.

Congrats @linebackeru on a well deserved Natty. I watched our dual earlier this year, and your whole roster was stacked. Lots of talent across the board.

I don't think Brands tried avoiding VT. National Duals line-ups were being set around the same time VT beat NC State. Also, that doesn't seem like Brands to avoid VT, but I guess it is possible. It didn't work out good for Iowa anyways, as they lost to NC State. But I will agree, it is probably the best thing that happened to VT.

Of course, Gwiazdowski (or whatever his name is) injured our HWT and got injured again 1st round of Nationals. Oh well, I'm disappointed in a couple Iowa wrestlers that didn't do as good as they should have.

I hate finishing behind VT though. Quite disappointed with Iowa :L

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats PSU. :suds: Never doubted PSU was going to get worst than 1st, just wanted it.

What sucks for us Iowa fans, or any non PSU fans, is that PSU is young and still dominating recruiting.

That 170 pounder (6x state champion) is a beast.

Yeah, Mark Hall is an absolute monster. He actually beat the hell out of Nolf last year in a tourney. He is a special wrestler and another bonus point machine coming in. Also have Suriano to replace Nico, and guys like Cortez, Joseph and Cassar RSing this year. We should be even better going forward, despite losing Nico and Mac.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@linebackeru you watching wrestling today? Who do we have wrestling today?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Nick Suriano withdrawing to injuries to ankle from last match will be tough for us to repeat. However unranked Gulibon beating #13 MSU Gasca 18-3 started the day off nicely.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Nick Suriano withdrawing to injuries to ankle from last match will be tough for us to repeat. However unranked Gulibon beating #13 MSU Gasca 18-3 started the day off nicely.

We are actually still teh favorite WITHOUT Suriano wrestling...the team is that good. With Suriano, its a runaway. Jimmy's TF was huge, if he can geta couple conso wins it would be gravy. Just need the big dogs to do what they do and we'll win. Some things fell our way as well with upsets for OSU (both Ohio and Okie st) as well

I think we win a close one this year and may challenge the all time point total next. Team will be insane good next year

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are actually still teh favorite WITHOUT Suriano wrestling...the team is that good. With Suriano, its a runaway. Jimmy's TF was huge, if he can geta couple conso wins it would be gravy. Just need the big dogs to do what they do and we'll win. Some things fell our way as well with upsets for OSU (both Ohio and Okie st) as well

I think we win a close one this year and may challenge the all time point total next. Team will be insane good next year

You mind keeping me updated on here or PMing with individual results on todays matches for us please if you are watching? My son has taken over the TV and I am forced to watch Cloudy with a chance of meatballs movie. Cant wait till he takes a nap so I can switch off the movie to the wrestling championships. Thank you.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mind keeping me updated on here or PMing with individual results on todays matches for us please if you are watching? My son has taken over the TV and I am forced to watch Cloudy with a chance of meatballs movie. Cant wait till he takes a nap so I can switch off the movie to the wrestling championships. Thank you.

It's not actually televised until 7 tonight. Right now it's being shown online at ESPN3. You can watch from computer, just have to put in your info for your cable account.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a update for anyone interested. Jimmy G won a major decision to stay alive and get more bonus points in his first match today. Zain won a tech fall and into semis tonight. Nolf got a pin and into semis tonight. Vinny J got a 6-5 decision and is into semis tonight. Still have Nickal, Cutch, Hall, and Nevills I believe.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a update for anyone interested. Jimmy G won a major decision to stay alive and get more bonus points in his first match today. Zain won a tech fall and into semis tonight. Nolf got a pin and into semis tonight. Vinny J got a 6-5 decision and is into semis tonight. Still have Nickal, Cutch, Hall, and Nevills I believe.

I am watching it on ESPNU and PSU #3 Joseph with 7 seconds remaining got the 2pts needed to win over #6 Lewis from Missouri. What a speach by Cornells wrestler Dylan Palacio after his match. Hopefully someone videoed it and it will be on yourtube.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching it on ESPNU and PSU #3 Joseph with 7 seconds remaining got the 2pts needed to win over #6 Lewis from Missouri. What a speach by Cornells wrestler Dylan Palacio after his match. Hopefully someone videoed it and it will be on yourtube.

Yup. Hall with another major over 4 seed, into semis tonight as well. Bo with a pin over the 7 seed Dudley from Nebraska, he'll be in semis tonight too. All these bonus points are critical for the team race.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Hall with another major over 4 seed, into semis tonight as well. Bo with a pin over the 7 seed Dudley from Nebraska, he'll be in semis tonight too. All these bonus points are critical for the team race.

Damn I have it paused and 28min behind and just saw your post. Their goes the excitement, LOL but still glad we are doing well. Got the lil man to sleep so now able to play catch up on wrestling. Good year for Penn State.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State Quarterfinals
#1 Zain Retherford - 145 (Won)
#1 Jason Nolf - 157 (Won)
#3 Vincenzo Joseph - 165 (Won)
#5 Mark Hall - 174 (Won)
#2 Bo Nikal - 184 (Won)
#5 Matt McCutcheon - 197 (Lost)
#5 Nick Nevills - HWT (Lost)

Current Team Standing
1. Penn State 73.5
2. Iowa 57
3. OSU 50.5
4. OK St. 47
5. Cornell 44.5

* I will update this post with results

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see Cornells wrestler Dylan Palacio interview?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@linebackeru do you mind changing the title of your thread from Penn State Wrestling 15-16 to just PSU Wrestling Chat thread. There for we don't have to keep creating new wrestling threads. Man all these PSU wrestlers are young and have plenty of years remaining. Love the PSU football staff in support of the wrestlers.

upload_2017-3-17_13-39-47.jpeg

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to look at #1 ranked Kyle Snyder HWT advanced but looks to have been injured.

*Edit: Damn Nevills lost and would have faced Snyder

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see that interview. I'll do some digging and see if I can find a replay somewhere. Unfortunately Cutch and Nevills both lost to the 4 seed in their respective divisions. Still solid showings for both and they have some more chances to earn more points. Regardless of what happens with the team race I think it's pretty obvious that PSU is the most dominant team at the tournament. Crazy to think that they are leading the team race with only 8 guys. Like LBU said, if Suriano would have been able to compete they would have ran away with it, even without him still have a good chance.

Damn didn't see that Snyder was a little banged up at the end of his last match. Him being injured is probably the only way I could see someone beating him, he's a monster.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G takes a decision agsint the 12 seed Pletcher from Ohio State in the wrestlebacks. Nice win for Jimmy, especially against a wrestler from OSU. He'll head into the all american round tonight as an unranked seed! I believe all 7 of the PSU guys will be in action tonight in the all american round, very good for team championship race.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see that interview. I'll do some digging and see if I can find a replay somewhere. Unfortunately Cutch and Nevills both lost to the 4 seed in their respective divisions. Still solid showings for both and they have some more chances to earn more points. Regardless of what happens with the team race I think it's pretty obvious that PSU is the most dominant team at the tournament. Crazy to think that they are leading the team race with only 8 guys. Like LBU said, if Suriano would have been able to compete they would have ran away with it, even without him still have a good chance.

Damn didn't see that Snyder was a little banged up at the end of his last match. Him being injured is probably the only way I could see someone beating him, he's a monster.

I blame us for jinxing the team. We were 5-0 until we started posting about them. I think Cutch & Nevills were following our amazing posts and got nervous and we through them off their game. So tonight when I watch I wont post till after all the games have been wrestled. :pound:

Penn State Quarterfinals
#1 Zain Retherford - 145 (Won)
#1 Jason Nolf - 157 (Won)
#3 Vincenzo Joseph - 165 (Won)
#5 Mark Hall - 174 (Won)
#2 Bo Nikal - 184 (Won)
#5 Matt McCutcheon - 197 (Lost)
#5 Nick Nevills - HWT (Lost)