• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Chat Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU 2 loses combined pts 46pts and they are #5
Wisc only 1 loss for 6pts and they are #7
PSU 2 losses combined 4pts and we are #8

I just don't understand why OSU gets so much love and we get so much hate. After the Sandusky incident we have had a black mark against us I fell from voters. I actually feel if we won the Big10 like OSU did we still wouldn't have made the playoffs.

OSU is just a media darling because they have been really good for almost 20 years, minus 1 season between tress and Urbs. We keep on winning and winning with the flash we have been, we will get that benefit soon enough.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is just a media darling because they have been really good for almost 20 years, minus 1 season between tress and Urbs. We keep on winning and winning with the flash we have been, we will get that benefit soon enough.

I understand winning will make things better but just pissed off that 1 person fucked up our college and others taking the hit for it. What PSU has done after the sanctions is a huge miracle and accomplishment.

Separate note what do you think the drop off will be from Barkley to Sanders? Huge, Medium, or Small. I think Medium only because are offensive line will be better. If Barkley had a better line who wasn’t banged up I could have seen him going to NY.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barkley is a generational talent, but the improved OL, coupled with a more balanced passing attack, I don't think we lose much at all production wise with Miles

NittanyRyan05

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barkley is a generational talent, but the improved OL, coupled with a more balanced passing attack, I don't think we lose much at all production wise with Miles
Agreed. Trace will be in the Heisman race next year for sure.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching staff rounded out, David Corley hired as RB coach. Typical Franklin hire, young, aggressive recruiter, string upwardf trend in career. They did shoot for the moon with Gary Brown,, but he chose NFL and it wasn't based on money (PSU ponied up more than NFL was paying), didn't want to deal with recruiting grind.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'Juan Seider officially hired to coach RB's, recent hire Corley going to WR (where he coached at his last job anyhow) and Spence Chaos now associate HC. Staff complete and Franklin crushed it with his hires. 2 very good recruiters and coaches. Seider's ties in florida are HUGE, he's very well respected down there.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Top LB in nation visiting during Blue White Game
2) Micah will be moving to OLB

OLB Parsons
MLB Brooks
OLB Farmer

Koa Farmer is Penn State's lone returning starter at linebacker and he has the strong-side position locked down.

If Parsons stays outside, it likely means Penn State is taking a long look at redshirt freshman Ellis Brooks to start in the middle. He was praised by Franklin last week.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah is an absolute beast and freak of an athlete. Players on the team who asked why all the hype are now calling him a freak. He has really come in with a great attitude and worked his ass off. Some players asked coach why bother when recruiting him with all the drama, he now just points to him and says that's why. He will be a terror on the outside and I like him better there to be honest. Was hoping Brooks would step up in middle and Luketa or Taburton to back him up. Koa is primed for a big year as well. Door still not completely slammed on a possible Bowen return either, but the chances aren't great.

Owen pappoe would be an absolutely monster pull out of nowhere. He has some sort of connection to Lavar as well. I believe LA will be in town that weekend for an all star game he's running.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round
Apke to Redskins
Hamilton to Broncos

Shocked Apke picked ahead of Marcus Allen

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round
Apke to Redskins
Hamilton to Broncos

Shocked Apke picked ahead of Marcus Allen

I was too. Thought my Redskins chose Apke over Allen only because of his 40 time. Allen is better IMO.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brendan Mahon to Panthers