• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Chat Thread

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I would drop these here for y'all .Godwin is tearing up the combine. And from what I've seen from him on the field. He's going to be one hell of an NFL WR imo. He's on been on my board

Thanks for the update man, and hope you have been doing well Robot. Godwin got some tips before the combine from Calvin Johnson and it seemed Megatron was even impressed with the kid. I wish Godwin came back for his senior year but who can blame him for going pro with his potential. Truly hope he keeps dominating on the NFL level. Really would love for my Redskins to select him, even more so if they release Garcon & D-Jax. What I dislike is when guys go pro to early (not Godwins case) and get drafted in 6th-UDFA. However if they stayed that extra year they could have been a 2nd-3rd rounder. Thanks again 666 for the update.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update man, and hope you have been doing well Robot. Godwin got some tips before the combine from Calvin Johnson and it seemed Megatron was even impressed with the kid. I wish Godwin came back for his senior year but who can blame him for going pro with his potential. Truly hope he keeps dominating on the NFL level. Really would love for my Redskins to select him, even more so if they release Garcon & D-Jax. What I dislike is when guys go pro to early (not Godwins case) and get drafted in 6th-UDFA. However if they stayed that extra year they could have been a 2nd-3rd rounder. Thanks again 666 for the update.
You're welcome ritz. I think he caught some eyes today. I hate seeing players leave early. But I do like that Helton is honest with the SC players. He'll tel them straight out you're ready.Or they need more work. Godwin definitely looks ready. And you're Nitany Lions are bringing in some amazing recruiting classes. I can see why you would want the Skins to pick him up You're on the rise. I would like to see the Raiders take Godwin in a heartbeat. Hope all is well Ritz :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome ritz. I think he caught some eyes today. I hate seeing players leave early. But I do like that Helton is honest with the SC players. He'll tel them straight out you're ready.Or they need more work. Godwin definitely looks ready. And you're Nitany Lions are bringing in some amazing recruiting classes. I can see why you would want the Skins to pick him up You're on the rise. I would like to see the Raiders take Godwin in a heartbeat. Hope all is well Ritz :suds:

The Raiders who never take a fast talented WR in the first round that's not their MO :pound:It seemed like that was the only sure thing in the draft the raiders would take a fast wr.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders who never take a fast talented WR in the first round that's not their MO :pound:It seemed like that was the only sure thing in the draft the raiders would take a fast wr.
I like Cooper. The raiders need defense tho especially help in the secondary. .Could add a WR later.They may need to address RB but tbh aside from Cook. I would rather wait until next year. There's another RB I would like to see in silver and black next draft :whistle:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cooper. The raiders need defense tho especially help in the secondary. .Could add a WR later.They may need to address RB but tbh aside from Cook. I would rather wait until next year. There's another RB I would like to see in silver and black next draft :whistle:

Delvin Cook I have heard maybe to Skins even though not a huge need. Their GM Mcgloughan (misspelled) didn't go need but BPA. Skins need defense with all of their picks. Good luck to your Raiders man they have improved over the past few years. I was so hoping McGloin did well for you guys and won a playoff game. That injury really hurt him in so many ways. He is a great backup QB and wish he had a better chance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delvin Cook I have heard maybe to Skins even though not a huge need. Their GM Mcgloughan (misspelled) didn't go need but BPA. Skins need defense with all of their picks. Good luck to your Raiders man they have improved over the past few years. I was so hoping McGloin did well for you guys and won a playoff game. That injury really hurt him in so many ways. He is a great backup QB and wish he had a better chance.
I'm not as big on Fournette I like Cooks skill set. Personally I would rather wait for Barkley. Whether Murray is leaving the Raiders or not. Barkley is a beast imo. Hopefully we meet again in the play offs next year. PSU and SC are both building something special. Expecting some Nasty defenses out of both squads in the future

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Godwin is going to be a very high pick. Only question was hi speed, he catches everything in his zipcode. Would I love to have him back? Of course, but I am very happy for him and his success will only boost our recruiting

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the season to start. I don't think we do as well as last year but still be competitive. What I mean by that is I feel we will have maybe a better record but I don't see us winning our division. Now I have been wrong and always negative so I love it when the Boys in Blue & White prove me wrong. It's going to be exciting seeing Barkley play his last year for us and hopefully bring home the Heisman.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it sucks when they leave early, but if they are ready, they are crazy not too. I am actually surprised how well he ran, knew he always had incredible hands. Did you see the story about him being very sick the day before the rose Bowl and up till game time was throwing up? Imagine how good he is healthy :-)

Agree on coaches being honest and supporting the kids when they leave early. Penn state has always been straight up with kids, some disagreed and left anyhow and ended up not getting drafted. Joe was always looking out for the players as well. I recall KiJana Carter telling him he was coming back for his senior year and Joe essentially told him he was crazy and pretty much insisted he go pro...ended up #1 overall pick. I'm certain, barring injury, this will be Saquon Barkley last season at PSU as well. He will be a top 5 pick

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the season to start. I don't think we do as well as last year but still be competitive. What I mean by that is I feel we will have maybe a better record but I don't see us winning our division. Now I have been wrong and always negative so I love it when the Boys in Blue & White prove me wrong. It's going to be exciting seeing Barkley play his last year for us and hopefully bring home the Heisman.

I think this season is set up for even more success. We aren't breaking in a new QB and new offense with very little experience surrounding them, we have depth on defense now, the lack of which hammered us early last year. I'm pumped for Blue White Game next month...just got my letter for season ticket selection yesterday as well:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this season is set up for even more success. We aren't breaking in a new QB and new offense with very little experience surrounding them, we have depth on defense now, the lack of which hammered us early last year. I'm pumped for Blue White Game next month...just got my letter for season ticket selection yesterday as well:suds:

I disagree to the point of even more success. We achieved so much by winning BIG10 and barely missing out of playoffs last year. What I wrote is I feel we won't do as well as last year NOT the fact we won't have a outstanding team and we actually might have a better record I just don't see us making the playoffs. Hey I hope I am wrong but what we all can agree on is that its a very exciting time to a Nittany Lion fan.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree to the point of even more success. We achieved so much by winning BIG10 and barely missing out of playoffs last year. What I wrote is I feel we won't do as well as last year NOT the fact we won't have a outstanding team and we actually might have a better record I just don't see us making the playoffs. Hey I hope I am wrong but what we all can agree on is that its a very exciting time to a Nittany Lion fan.

If we have a better record, which would be 1 or 0 losses, we make playoffs and are most likely Big 10 chamop again. Its ok to believe again, Franklin has it rolling, raise the bar for expectations back to where it was in the 90's

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have a better record, which would be 1 or 0 losses, we make playoffs and are most likely Big 10 chamop again. Its ok to believe again, Franklin has it rolling, raise the bar for expectations back to where it was in the 90's

So you are saying we beat OSU again then to make the Big10 championship game? I just don't see it happening but I do feel we beat Michigan. Overall it's very exciting for our program.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying we beat OSU again then to make the Big10 championship game? I just don't see it happening but I do feel we beat Michigan. Overall it's very exciting for our program.

OSU lost more than we do and more importantly, their QB sucks and has gotten worse every year and really fell off as season went on last year. Stop their running game and they are dead...they lost their biggest weapon in Samuel as well.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU lost more than we do and more importantly, their QB sucks and has gotten worse every year and really fell off as season went on last year. Stop their running game and they are dead...they lost their biggest weapon in Samuel as well.

Jesus cant we agree we are both excited about the season :pound:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for BW game, can/t wait to be in Hapopy Valley!!!!:heh:

As for OSU, I think they lose 2-3 games this year....I think Oklahoma takes them out and someone like Nebraska does as well....our game is a toss up and scUM game will always be hard fought.

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@linebackeru @pabartl787 @thehobocop @Sportster 72

I am trying to get Franklin's picture as a smile icon option like Urban Meyer, Harbaugh, Saban and others are (below). What do you all think of having a picture of him holding his finger in the air saying we are #1. his trademark pose? I feel it would be cool option and when someone responds with okay or I agree, or we are #1 they could always go the Franklin icon and use it.

:harbs3::harbaugh::urbs::saban:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@linebackeru @pabartl787 @thehobocop @Sportster 72

I am trying to get Franklin's picture as a smile icon option like Urban Meyer, Harbaugh, Saban and others are (below). What do you all think of having a picture of him holding his finger in the air saying we are #1. his trademark pose? I feel it would be cool option and when someone responds with okay or I agree, or we are #1 they could always go the Franklin icon and use it.

:harbs3::harbaugh::urbs::saban:

I think a Franklin head with the #1 finger would be appropriate.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Franklin head with the #1 finger would be appropriate.

Now just need the cropped photo. Know anyone who can do it? Or have a pic in mind?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for BW game, can/t wait to be in Hapopy Valley!!!!:heh:

As for OSU, I think they lose 2-3 games this year....I think Oklahoma takes them out and someone like Nebraska does as well....our game is a toss up and scUM game will always be hard fought.
Avi bet that TOSU beats Oklahoma, PSU, scUM, etc. I think we may lose 1 game? It won't be to you guys twice in a row. Book it!