• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2018 Recruiting Thread

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Are ..........better to start this Wednesday...gotta be Tent Gordon, CB from Texas

Yup it's Gordon. He's the second commit from Texas in this cycle, has a pretty nice offer list too. He's a 3 or 4 star right now depending on where you look but I think he has a shot to be a consensus 4 star when its all said and done. Nice pick up.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup it's Gordon. He's the second commit from Texas in this cycle, has a pretty nice offer list too. He's a 3 or 4 star right now depending on where you look but I think he has a shot to be a consensus 4 star when its all said and done. Nice pick up.

His film is nice, really hits for a CB

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 class now stands at 12. How many are we projected to take this year and who do we think will round out the class? Looks like we're set at QB, RB, TE barring a decommit. Not sure if they would take 2 more WR but it looks like PSU is in a good spot for SAB and George. Will definitely take a few more OL I would imagine. I think they take at least 2-3 more DL maybe more if Parsons doesn't stick. I actually think they would take another LB too. Probably 2-3 more DBs as well, with chances looking good that Isheem Young is one of them. What does everyone else think? How many does Franklin take and any predictions on who they end up with?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-23 will be the number.

We sit very well with George, SAB has grades to worry about

DB, We are in great shape for Young and Raines

DL, I like our chances with Tyreke Smith and Hawkins.

Overall, they will take their time and be very selective now. They have the foundation for an amazing class and a ton of buzz heading into season. They can wait out some high end kids who they have a very legit chance of landing if the success on field and buzz continues.

It was fun watching this staff recruit with 1 arm tied behind their back, its REALLY, REALLY fun watching them work with a B1G title and Rose bowl appearance under their belt.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-23 will be the number.

We sit very well with George, SAB has grades to worry about

DB, We are in great shape for Young and Raines

DL, I like our chances with Tyreke Smith and Hawkins.

Overall, they will take their time and be very selective now. They have the foundation for an amazing class and a ton of buzz heading into season. They can wait out some high end kids who they have a very legit chance of landing if the success on field and buzz continues.

It was fun watching this staff recruit with 1 arm tied behind their back, its REALLY, REALLY fun watching them work with a B1G title and Rose bowl appearance under their belt.

Beat OSU in Columbus and watch the recruiting explode some more. Any reason why the school decided to only have jersey #'s 1,16&94. I know its a licensing thing but don't fully understand why only 3. We all want #26.

The No. 1 stands for the goal of the Nittany Lions to be the best in all athletics. No. 16 stands for the current year and No. 94 is in tribute to the Lions' last undefeated season in football.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat OSU in Columbus and watch the recruiting explode some more. Any reason why the school decided to only have jersey #'s 1,16&94. I know its a licensing thing but don't fully understand why only 3. We all want #26.

The No. 1 stands for the goal of the Nittany Lions to be the best in all athletics. No. 16 stands for the current year and No. 94 is in tribute to the Lions' last undefeated season in football.

Don't even need to beat OSU, just win 10 again and play a close game with OSU (I do think we beat them, but just sayin)

No idea how Nike selects the numbers for the jerseys they sell. Just order a custom from a store in State College...I think McClanahans and Lions Pride still do them

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a We Are....Better worthy day with Bleich decommitting. We have been recruiting over him for months now, his visits to shit holes like Rutgers and Pitt show where things stood. Good luck kid, we'll send you a post card from the playoffs.

Sounds like we have big lead for Walker and still lead for Nana, both better options by leaps and bounds....can fill with a player equal or better than Bleich for a swing spot on OL as well. Glad we got that scholly back.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a We Are....Better worthy day with Bleich decommitting. We have been recruiting over him for months now, his visits to shit holes like Rutgers and Pitt show where things stood. Good luck kid, we'll send you a post card from the playoffs.

Sounds like we have big lead for Walker and still lead for Nana, both better options by leaps and bounds....can fill with a player equal or better than Bleich for a swing spot on OL as well. Glad we got that scholly back.

Do you think they get all three of Nana, Walker, and Reed or do you think they would pass on Reed for more of an inside guy if they have Nana and Walker?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just landed 4 star OT Nana Asiedu

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huge pickup. Kid is 6'6 265 and had offers from everywhere, I'd be surprised if he's not playing LT for PSU at some point in the next couple of years. Way better prospect than Bleich and I would guess JF isn't done with the tweets today.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge pickup. Kid is 6'6 265 and had offers from everywhere, I'd be surprised if he's not playing LT for PSU at some point in the next couple of years. Way better prospect than Bleich and I would guess JF isn't done with the tweets today.

Yup 2hrs till the game and I expect maybe 2 more tweets.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup 2hrs till the game and I expect maybe 2 more tweets.

I'm not an insider like LBU is lol but from what I can tell, it looks like there's some smoke around 3-4* OT Antwan Reed from Michigan. I could see that tweet coming today.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an insider like LBU is lol but from what I can tell, it looks like there's some smoke around 3-4* OT Antwan Reed from Michigan. I could see that tweet coming today.

LBU I think is Franco Harris. The guy has reports before the players even know.
:#1:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Micah Parson, 6'3 215, DE, Harrisburg PA 5 star #2 player in nation
2. Justin Shorter, 6'4" 210 LB, WR, South Brunswick NJ, VERY high 4 star
3. Pat Freiermuth, 6'4" 225, TE, North Andover MA 4 star
4. Zack Kuntz, 6'7.5 218, TE, Camp Hill PA 4 Star
5. Justin Fields, 6'3" 221, QB, Kennesaw GA, 4 star
6. Isaiah Humphries, 5'11" 180, S, Sachse TX, 4 Star
7. Charlie Katshir,6'3:" 198, LB, Mechanicsburg PA, 3 star
8. Ricky Slade, 5'9" 195, RB, Woodbridge, VA#1 RB in nation 5 star
9. Jesse Luketa, 6'3"230, LB, Erie PA 4 star
10. Nick Tarburton, 6'4" 242, LB/DE, Pennsbury, PA 4 star
11. Trent Gordon, 5'11" 172, CB, Manvel TX, 4 star
12. Nana Asiedu, 6'6", 265, OT, Stafford VA, 4 Star

I still have a feeling Micah will de-commit. Really hope I am wrong on this.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to say with Micah. There's a long way to go but I think PSU has a good chance to hang on to him. Also looks like JF just sent out another tweet. 3-4* OT Antwan Reed from Michigan. Another good pickup.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say with Micah. There's a long way to go but I think PSU has a good chance to hang on to him. Also looks like JF just sent out another tweet. 3-4* OT Antwan Reed from Michigan. Another good pickup.

Antwan Reed, 6'5.5", 326, OT, Muskegon MI, 3-4 Star

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antwan Reed, 6'5.5", 326, OT, Muskegon MI, 3-4 Star

Don't see how he's not a 24/7 composite 4 star tbh. ESPN has him in top 300 players, he's a 4 star on 24/7 rankings, Rivals has him as a 4 star but somehow he's only a composite 3 star. Either way, it's a good pickup for PSU and JF. I think this kid is better than Bleich as well.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just read somewhere that Parsons was texting other prospects today at BW and urging them to verbal today. Granted this wasn't from a insider or anything so who knows how true it is, but if it is true I'd say that's a very good sign.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read somewhere that Parsons was texting other prospects today at BW and urging them to verbal today. Granted this wasn't from a insider or anything so who knows how true it is, but if it is true I'd say that's a very good sign.

Micah has been recruiting Isheem Young hard for PSU. He loves the attention and the recruiting game, but unless we tank this year, fairly sure he sticks.....we'll also likely land his buddy Anderson-Butts as well

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually ran into him outside the stadium right after he announced. Kid is HUGE. Very athletic for a big man, he will be a monster once he hits our weight program