• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2018 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Barbir and Robinson were both granted a release. Could this open the door to add some more pieces to the recruiting class? Barbir and Robinson were both on scholly so I'd assume some would open up, but I guess the staff could choose to give them to a walk on or something.

they are taking a full class knowing there will be some transfers from guys how have been passed over. Writing was on wall with Babir when we gave another kicker a scholarship this class. Robinson was also completely fazed out as Miles Sanders finally put it together and took hold of the backup role. Don't expect those to be the last, we need a few more to leave to get to the 85 player limit, especially if we do indeed take a full 25

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are taking a full class knowing there will be some transfers from guys how have been passed over. Writing was on wall with Babir when we gave another kicker a scholarship this class. Robinson was also completely fazed out as Miles Sanders finally put it together and took hold of the backup role. Don't expect those to be the last, we need a few more to leave to get to the 85 player limit, especially if we do indeed take a full 25

Jesus just look at this for our defense for next 3-4 years if we can land Oweh, Smith & Parsons.

DE Jayson Oweh

DT Aeneas Hawkins

DT PJ Mustipher

DE Tyreke Smith

OLB Micah Parsons

MLB Nick Tarburton

OLB Jesse Luketa

CB Jordan Miner

CB Trent Gordon

SS Isiah Humphries

FS TBD

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antwan Reed decommits. Wasn't a surprise really, had been some smoke recently. Makes getting Walker even more important now. I would assume that they will look for another OL to take that spot, maybe they get Coach Bowen to turn up the heat on Jaelyn Duncan?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antwan Reed decommits. Wasn't a surprise really, had been some smoke recently. Makes getting Walker even more important now. I would assume that they will look for another OL to take that spot, maybe they get Coach Bowen to turn up the heat on Jaelyn Duncan?

That leaves 5 spots. Parsons, Oweh, Smith, Walker and Enis would make my Xmas list complete.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Fitz said yesterday to expect a Reed "decommit" He didn't really have a choice, it was academic issues....Adam Mclean like situation.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Fitz said yesterday to expect a Reed "decommit" He didn't really have a choice, it was academic issues....Adam Mclean like situation.

What happens with his spot? New OL they start pursuing? Just use the spot for one of Walker, Enis, Oweh, Smith, or Parsons?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely names you mentioned above, maybe a jaylen Duncan or Kwantel Raines if space permits

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they don't need help elsewhere. Guess what- they gonna need help elsewhere.

The OL was arguably the worst unit on the team last year. They could definitely use some help as well.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL was arguably the worst unit on the team last year. They could definitely use some help as well.

Its there, look at last few classes. they love Thorpe, Miranda, Menet (finally healthy and looked good when he played last 2 games) and they have Bates/Fries at OT, McGiovern at C. this unit has the horses now, not like a freshamn is going to come oin and solve our problems anyhow. I know they almost pulled Miranda redshirt nd Thorpe really showed them a lot in practice as well. Both play with a mean streak.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its there, look at last few classes. they love Thorpe, Miranda, Menet (finally healthy and looked good when he played last 2 games) and they have Bates/Fries at OT, McGiovern at C. this unit has the horses now, not like a freshamn is going to come oin and solve our problems anyhow. I know they almost pulled Miranda redshirt nd Thorpe really showed them a lot in practice as well. Both play with a mean streak.

I know they’ve recruited the position well, but the frequency with which Barkley was hit in the backfield this season tells me there’s a lot of room for improvement .

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they’ve recruited the position well, but the frequency with which Barkley was hit in the backfield this season tells me there’s a lot of room for improvement .

yeah, they weren't great this year, but didn't expect them to be. When bates went down, they were toast. McGovern was still adjusting to center and making all teh calls, had his share of mental errors there. Bottom line, yes, they have to improve, but the talent is there. I think they have enough this year if they can get Walker with Nana, Juice and Effner. If they have the space I'd take another, but I'd personally rather add enis unless some complete stud OL who's off teh radar now wants in.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they weren't great this year, but didn't expect them to be. When bates went down, they were toast. McGovern was still adjusting to center and making all teh calls, had his share of mental errors there. Bottom line, yes, they have to improve, but the talent is there. I think they have enough this year if they can get Walker with Nana, Juice and Effner. If they have the space I'd take another, but I'd personally rather add enis unless some complete stud OL who's off teh radar now wants in.

Oh I agree. If they are really taking 25, the ideal 5 to fill it out are Parsons, Walker, Smith, Oweh, and Enis imo. But if they miss on one of those guys, I think grabbing another OL would be a good idea. No idea who that would be, but if they could flip Duncan from UMD I would be very happy. IIRC Bowen was the lead recruiter for him when he was at UMD so there's some familiarity there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU is correct. Rarely does a true freshman play on the Oline. They need the year to learn, get bigger and stronger. I can't speak to the talent that is there but no doubt this team needs better OL play next year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the big visit weekend went very well. Every picture of teh group,Parsons was attached to Franklin. Just looking at the tweets from teh current commits, sounds like they feel pretty strongly that we get Smith, Parsons and Walker.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the big visit weekend went very well. Every picture of teh group,Parsons was attached to Franklin. Just looking at the tweets from teh current commits, sounds like they feel pretty strongly that we get Smith, Parsons and Walker.

That leaves Enis and Oweh's.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU is correct. Rarely does a true freshman play on the Oline. They need the year to learn, get bigger and stronger. I can't speak to the talent that is there but no doubt this team needs better OL play next year.

Stop stop stop giving LBU a even bigger head.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop stop stop giving LBU a even bigger head.

Hell I thought I was giving me a big head. You don't see a lot of freshman lineman start in DII .... although you do see more. I have watched a lot of DII ball.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I thought I was giving me a big head. You don't see a lot of freshman lineman start in DII .... although you do see more. I have watched a lot of DII ball.

Congrats on 7,000 posts :suds: