• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks left and a lot can happen. Lets try first to hold onto our own commits then 2nd go after the few recruits on the fence.

Ps. Lost a bet with Pack 500 and that's why I have this horrible avatar. His Packers beat my Skins. :L

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks left and a lot can happen. Lets try first to hold onto our own commits then 2nd go after the few recruits on the fence.

Ps. Lost a bet with Pack 500 and that's why I have this horrible avatar. His Packers beat my Skins. :L

I'd think NOrdin and Dwumfour end up at UM, but feel good about the rest. The entire offensive staff was in to see Miles and sounds like the possible MSU visit is off. They'll send a group to see him during week, he has the official with all the commits next week and Franklin still has his in home...Dantonio blew his. Miles mom has been big in this for us, she has seen through the bullshit negative recruiting pitches by NArdickhead and Dantonio.

I think we get Hudson. a lady I work with knows the family and said she'll be surprised if we don't, Ferns would be nice and I'm sure some other names will pop up this week for visits on 22 and 29th

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the departure of Lewis open up room to take 2 WR in this class? I know Nixon is a top target, not sure if we land him. Dredrick Snelson appears to be on the radar now as well, I read that Limegrover was his lead recruiter at Minnesota, maybe we have a shot there as well? Nate Johnson visiting as well. Landing Snelson and Nixon sounds ideal to me. Who do you think we end up with LBU?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the departure of Lewis open up room to take 2 WR in this class? I know Nixon is a top target, not sure if we land him. Dredrick Snelson appears to be on the radar now as well, I read that Limegrover was his lead recruiter at Minnesota, maybe we have a shot there as well? Nate Johnson visiting as well. Landing Snelson and Nixon sounds ideal to me. Who do you think we end up with LBU?

Not really, we still have
Hamilton
Godwin
Johnson
Charles
Thompkins
Polk
Blacknall

all with eligibility beyond next season. WE are only going to take 1, some big fish in our wheel house next year at WR. I'm starting to think Nixon is less of an option and Snelson may be a late pickup. We are in house with him tonight and he's visiting 29th

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we offered 2 more committed WR today, guessing the writing is on wall with Nixon and they'll be a pecking order of Snelson, then whoever would flip/pull trigger first.....unless one has ability to be flipped to defense as well.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU offered kicker Alex Barbir, guess they are tired of Nordin jerking them around and its more of a shit or get off the pot moment for him. I like BArbir as well, but hopefully we didn't wait to long to offer to flip him. He was very vocal about not wanting staff to visit unless they had an offer for him, well, JFF visited and he has his offer. Have to think staff feels good about flipping him if they wasted the trip to GA to offer.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU, which site is best for recruiting info? I use scout.com right now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Nixon no longer an option, explains the recent WR offers. We sit in a very good spot for Snelson

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU offered kicker Alex Barbir, guess they are tired of Nordin jerking them around and its more of a shit or get off the pot moment for him. I like BArbir as well, but hopefully we didn't wait to long to offer to flip him. He was very vocal about not wanting staff to visit unless they had an offer for him, well, JFF visited and he has his offer. Have to think staff feels good about flipping him if they wasted the trip to GA to offer.

I didn't think Nordin was jerking PSU around. I thought it was Harbaugh jerking him around during their sleep over :noidea:

I hated the Harbaugh hirer because he is a outstanding coach and recruiter. He just landed another top recruit today. However his methods of recruiting hopefully will get UM in trouble one of these days. Here is a article on how he used and screwed over a kid. Makes me sick but unfortunately Harbaugh isn't the only one who is over signing players.

Ethics no obstacle to Michigan's Jim Harbaugh dumping verbal commits

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-21_22-23-11.png
    upload_2016-1-21_22-23-11.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 20

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Harbaugh is a piece of shit. Getting kids to commit early, then recruiting over them and cutting them loose with 3 weeks till signing day when other spots they could've landed in are filled.

Nordin now visiting Baylor this weekend instead of PSU, guess princess didn't like us returning favor and flirting with someone else. Looks like weather won't kill this weekend, staff not worried about it, kids from DMV already there or on way to beat storm. Hopefully a few "We Are Better' tweets

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty aesome, Moorhead driving the party van with Coach Smith and Franklin along with the 4 official visitors from the #412....Miles, JFF and Khaleke throwing up the 4-1-2 sign in back row....Hamlin middle left, Matthews middle right

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⚪️ <a href="Ⓜ️iles Sanders on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/u0TJ1Kjnxn</a></p>&mdash; Ⓜ️iles Sanders (@BoobieMiles_4) <a href="">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that no bell are ringing. Wanted to hear 1 commit by now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that no bell are ringing. Wanted to hear 1 commit by now.

Only 2 uncommitted guys on campus, Ferns and White (White was one everyone thought would pop early in his visit) had to postpone to weather.

Looks very good for Hudson, will see how much we made up on Hamlin. Hopefully we locked Dwumfour back up..

Also, interestingly enough, we may be back in with Diaboute

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you get your info on Diaboute? Thisnis what i saw from an article posted yesterday.

In no particular order, Michigan State, South Carolina, Temple, and Ohio State are in the running for his services. Signing day is Feb. 3

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you get your info on Diaboute? Thisnis what i saw from an article posted yesterday.

In no particular order, Michigan State, South Carolina, Temple, and Ohio State are in the running for his services. Signing day is Feb. 3

HE cancelled visit to Michigan St this week, cancelled visit to South Carolina and never scheduled one to OSU. Here's the deal with Diaboute, his family is very poor and will have trouble travelling very far to see him play. I was tough for him to find a ride even as far as PSU. Temple is the leader, but our staff was in house last week, including Franklin trying to smooth things over and they'll be back in full force again this week trying to get him back on campus next week

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Dwumfour decommits, should be a wolverine soon. Hope he doesn't get processed by HArbuagh when they land his best buddy GAry

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm sure you saw on 247 LBU apparently DePauls coach was upset at the fact the Michigan negative recruited to get Mike and even had our back saying how we produce DT. That said when we start to rack up 9/10 wins would you want Franklin to do the same or stay the pretty honest man he is? I'm torn because as we see recruiting sadly is now a blood sport.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it also didn't help that his 2 buddies, Gary and Walker, were recruiting the hell out of him for UM. Add to that, it was his dream school growing up. Negative recruiting will backfire on guys in long run, problem is, Harbaugh has no plans to be there long term, so he'll just burn the next UM guy. Narduzzi and Dantonio also using these tactics to recruit against us. Fortunately, our coach doesn't resort to that shit. With teh talent we are bringing in, wins will take care of any negative recruiting.

I did see hat post on 247 and know the guy who posted it, so I believe it 100%

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Antonio Shelton, just decommitted from Illinois, then posted a tweet of him with Franklin and Chaos 10 minutes later, will be Dwumfour replacement. Very similar rankings, similar players.