• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Betiku decommitted. Any information on his joining us? I know it may be a pipe dream.

Wouldn't call it pipe dream, we were in his top 2-3 when he committed before. Need to get him on campus and we are mentioned in mix. Come on Lavar, help your school out here :-)

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on why DT Colon decommitted from us?

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the class right now, #4 according to Scouts. I thing I see right away is Shane Simmons better put some meat on his bones. A DE at 227lbs.? Needs to get bigger. Then again Carl Nassib was 220 when he arrived and look at him now.

Looks like its down to us and Bama for Brandan Ferns. I would love to get this guy, he just looks liks a Penn State Linebacker.

I gotta wonder how much playing time Miles Sanders is worried about. He committed before the season and before Saquon Barkley became a star. This is the type of thing that could lead to him de-committing.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the class right now, #4 according to Scouts. I thing I see right away is Shane Simmons better put some meat on his bones. A DE at 227lbs.? Needs to get bigger. Then again Carl Nassib was 220 when he arrived and look at him now.

Looks like its down to us and Bama for Brandan Ferns. I would love to get this guy, he just looks liks a Penn State Linebacker.

I gotta wonder how much playing time Miles Sanders is worried about. He committed before the season and before Saquon Barkley became a star. This is the type of thing that could lead to him de-committing.

In order

Shane has put on weight, believe he's around 235 now. Also Nassib is 6'7, Shane is 6'4, 245-250 is the realistic goal for him next fall.

Ferns, I have not heard Bama mentioned at all, hearing WVU leads with us and ND in mix

Sanders, he knows he'll play from day 1, they have made it clear they want to use multiple backs and would use him in slot as well on reverses and he'd get carries much like they had with Barkley and lynch earlier in season. There's no chance they would redshirt him, would also likely be our KR.

Last edited:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to have Lavert while we did. Wish him well at UM or MSU (granted not against us). Time to full court press on Damar. LBU you think he will join us? Also, what is taking Quinn so long to decommit. We all see the writing on the wall. If he stays great, but don't see it happening

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just was going to post about Hill. Damn that sucks. We did know he might flip to one of the Michigan teams. Msu already has young CB's (so wanted Nicholson last year) so I think Hill goes to UM. Well let's hope we do find a replacement.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just was going to post about Hill. Damn that sucks. We did know he might flip to one of the Michigan teams. Msu already has young CB's (so wanted Nicholson last year) so I think Hill goes to UM. Well let's hope we do find a replacement.

this one is not surprising at all, will probably help with Hamlin. His biggest concern was being 3rd CB in our class. If Hill isn't a Wolverine, I'll be surprised.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to have Lavert while we did. Wish him well at UM or MSU (granted not against us). Time to full court press on Damar. LBU you think he will join us? Also, what is taking Quinn so long to decommit. We all see the writing on the wall. If he stays great, but don't see it happening

Nordin is all over the place. i think UM wants him to gray shirt, but he doesn't want to. I don't see how the hell they fit him in their class with what they still have on board likely coming their way

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU do you think McIlwain flips and if McIlwain ends up at PSU would he start next year? I know there are a lot of MLB talk and wouldn't blame him for that path either.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU do you think McIlwain flips and if McIlwain ends up at PSU would he start next year? I know there are a lot of MLB talk and wouldn't blame him for that path either.

I've seen him projected as high as top 10 overall in MLB draft. Unless he REALLY loves football, can't see him passing that up.

We are definitely in the mix if he does go to college, Rahne was in house tonight

Also don't see any way McSorely is not starter barring injury or a freshman being off the charts good in camp....Zembeic is early enrollee and McLwain is supposed to as well, so they would have Spring to impress

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him projected as high as top 10 overall in MLB draft. Unless he REALLY loves football, can't see him passing that up.

We are definitely in the mix if he does go to college, Rahne was in house tonight

Also don't see any way McSorely is not starter barring injury or a freshman being off the charts good in camp....Zembeic is early enrollee and McLwain is supposed to as well, so they would have Spring to impress

I see a good chance McSorely is not the starter and that reason is if Hack comes back. I give Hack a 25% of coming back. Now LBU will give Hack a 100% chance of leaving. Remember LBU when you also said there would be no way 0% chance in hell OB would leave for the NFL? I would remind everyone never say never. We don't know whats going on in their head or what they have been told by family, friends, coaches, etc.

I hope we can land a great OC asap so we don't lose any recruits and maybe add some recruits because of the hire.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a good chance McSorely is not the starter and that reason is if Hack comes back. I give Hack a 25% of coming back. Now LBU will give Hack a 100% chance of leaving. Remember LBU when you also said there would be no way 0% chance in hell OB would leave for the NFL? I would remind everyone never say never. We don't know whats going on in their head or what they have been told by family, friends, coaches, etc.

I hope we can land a great OC asap so we don't lose any recruits and maybe add some recruits because of the hire.

Difference here is Hack would be turning down millions, BOB got an offer that was absolutely retarded for a guy with his resume. The word on Hack comes from people in that circle you mentioned. I had him at 99% chance gone and would still have it there. No mater who the OC is, the line won't improve enough for him not to get beat up a little more.

As far as recruiting, Donovan didn't do shit in that arena, so I don't worry about losing anyone because of him being gone. Job is posted and has to remain up for 7 days I believe before they can hire anyone anyhow. I'm sure Franklin and the staff are giving kids a very good idea of the direction they are going with the hire.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brendan Ferns has set up his only official visit so far, and its to PSU the weekend all our commits are in town Jan 22. PSU has charged back into this one in a big way

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Matthews, 6'5" WR from Clairton PA has committed. recruited for defense, projected as LB/DE when he fills out his frame.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dioubate decommit, not sure what deal is. If he ends up any further away than Temple or Rutgers, someone slipped the family some $$$.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU think Miles is about to flip to MSU?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be an absolute disaster if we lost Sanders to MSU. What a total dumpster fire this situation is turning into.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU think Miles is about to flip to MSU?

No, I think he has been hearing a bunch of bullshit negative recruiting that will be taken care of Saturday when the entire offensive staff is in his home. He's also going to get another in home from the staff during next week and will be on campus for the big visit weekend with all the commits, which should ease any concerns. I'm sure being around all his fellow commits and spending all that time with the staff over the next 7-10 days will settle it down. He did always say MSU was his fallback if something happened to Franklin before signing day.

Also, at the end of the day, I don;'t think anyone is going to convince mom he belongs anywhere other than PSU and that will also play a big factor. Doubt the potential visit to MSU on 29th ever happens, if it does, then I'll worry, till then, no.

**Apparently, our entire offensive staff is spending the entire day with him saturday

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferns now visiting with all the commits next week, Lavert hill apparently changed his USC OV to PSu and is in town this weekend, Dedrick Snedson 4 star WR got an offer and is visiting 29th