• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins offseason thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, only bad player is Adams :suds:

Hey just think Dan Carcillo might replace Craig Adams. :L

Seriously though how did they rate Kapanen on the game? I bet they didn't make it that good since from what I was told with NHL 15 they didn't spend a lot of time on it and their scouting numbers on draft picks were off.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just think Dan Carcillo might replace Craig Adams. :L

Seriously though how did they rate Kapanen on the game? I bet they didn't make it that good since from what I was told with NHL 15 they didn't spend a lot of time on it and their scouting numbers on draft picks were off.

Kapanen is rated 69 :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBS Pens in NHL 15...

L1: Ebbett (77) - Drazenovic (76) - Kostopoulos (75)
L2: Carman (71) - Uher (67) - Farnham (64)
L3: Zlobin (67) - Payerl (65) - Machacek (75)
L4: Sill (69) - Megna (70) - Manderson (64)
D1: Mikkelson (76) - Chorney (73)
D2: Harrington (74) - Samuelsson (72)
D3: Dumoulin (74) - McNeil (65)
G1: Zatkoff (82)
G2: Deslauriers (77)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a little too soon, but I figure I should bump this so we know where it is and where we're at,
62y4XQG.png
hRHdnyP.png

I have been saying for a while that we need to add a 2 way dman that's good in transition. I think Alex Goligoski could be a solid & realistic pickup. He's got good memories with the Pens, he's sort of underrated, his team will also have to resign Jordie Benn & Jason Demers, he could be gotten cheap (he's over 30), &he gives us just what we need.

Another player I wouldn't mind making a move for would be Milan Lucic, he might be a bit slow, but he could set up in front of the other team's net and counter the other team's physical game.

Here's a list of UFA's if anyone is interested...
2016 NHL Free Agents Tracker

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds stupid, but should we fire Mike Sullivan? Seems like every time we go to the SCF, we do it with a new coach.

Jk guys!
:dhd:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno:Sid was not conn smythe winner......Murray should have been hands down!

Congrats:clap:

Sullivan took-over and made the Pens winners, the pens now have the goalie they always needed to get the cup. I said it was a goalie situation years ago and Sullivan saw it right away.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno:Sid was not conn smythe winner......Murray should have been hands down!

Congrats:clap:
Thanks Stealth :suds:

I wanted it to go to Murray as well (it would've been historically consistent & it would've launched his career into legendary status), but I understand why they gave it to Sid: there were so many Pens with a case for the Conn Smythe (Sid, Murray, Kessel, Tang, Bonino, Rust, etc.) that it only made sense to give it to the captain.

I'm glad Sid one it tho, it affirms his place as the best player of his generation.

Conn Smythe doesn't matter tho, even players for losing teams have won the Conn Smythe.

All that matters is tCup!

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Murray isn't disappointed not getting the Conn, but all through the postseason Murray was the man. I have to disagree Murray was the conn smythe winner. I bet Sullivan would say the same 1 on 1.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Murray isn't disappointed not getting the Conn, but all through the postseason Murray was the man. I have to disagree Murray was the conn smythe winner. I bet Sullivan would say the same 1 on 1.
I don't think Murray cares to be honest. Neither does Kessel. Sid doesn't even care about the Conn Smythe. All that matters is tCup!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Stealth :suds:

I wanted it to go to Murray as well (it would've been historically consistent & it would've launched his career into legendary status), but I understand why they gave it to Sid: there were so many Pens with a case for the Conn Smythe (Sid, Murray, Kessel, Tang, Bonino, Rust, etc.) that it only made sense to give it to the captain.

I'm glad Sid one it tho, it affirms his place as the best player of his generation.

Conn Smythe doesn't matter tho, even players for losing teams have won the Conn Smythe.

All that matters is tCup!
I agree and just posted a similar statement in the Finals Thread. Who do you reward when a TEAM holds an opponent to2 shots on goal in a period and set a record for shots blocked per game in the playoffs?, The Captain that's who!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and just posted a similar statement in the Finals Thread. Who do you reward when a TEAM holds an opponent to2 shots on goal in a period and set a record for shots blocked per game in the playoffs?, The Captain that's who!!!
Agreed, no matter who got it, they would've said someone else deserves it. Pretty much the whole team deserved the Conn Smythe. Giving it to Sid is symbolically giving it to the whole team.