• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penalties

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL game can be difficult to watch when your team has several drives that start with penalties. It begins to become predictable that the offense probably isn't going to get a first down. The other thing that made the game difficult to watch is penalties on kickoffs. There are so many of them that it doesn't make sense to try to run the ball out of the end zone.

The Fins defense played fairly well and the offense showed improvement but penalties were the story of the game.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL game can be difficult to watch when your team has several drives that start with penalties. It begins to become predictable that the offense probably isn't going to get a first down. The other thing that made the game difficult to watch is penalties on kickoffs. There are so many of them that it doesn't make sense to try to run the ball out of the end zone.

The Fins defense played fairly well and the offense showed improvement but penalties were the story of the game.

What was total for game for both teams? I stopped watching at half time, couldn't watch anymore.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was total for game for both teams? I stopped watching at half time, couldn't watch anymore.

They were both in double digits with their penalties. 11 for the Fins and 10 for the Raiders. The difference was the Raiders got 3 on one drive which is much better than having a penalty on almost every drive. The Fins' penalties were also at the worst times. One of the penalties negated a 30 plus yard play.

I hate complaining about penalties but when it makes the game not entertaining it's hard not to. I have heard it said that penalties can hurt the flow of the game. This game never had a flow to it for the Fins. I've also heard it said that penalties like holding could be called on every play. The question though is it best for the game? I don't think so.

The penalties weren't the only reason for the Fins loss. Multiple times the Fins defense had the Raiders in third and long and didn't make them punt.
Also three mistakes contributed to the loss. Parkey seems to hit 50 yard FGs with ease but sometimes misses extra points? Drake fumbled & Pouncey mishandled a snap. Even with the mistakes, the Fins still could have won with a few less penalties.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both in double digits with their penalties. 11 for the Fins and 10 for the Raiders. The difference was the Raiders got 3 on one drive which is much better than having a penalty on almost every drive. The Fins' penalties were also at the worst times. One of the penalties negated a 30 plus yard play.

I hate complaining about penalties but when it makes the game not entertaining it's hard not to. I have heard it said that penalties can hurt the flow of the game. This game never had a flow to it for the Fins. I've also heard it said that penalties like holding could be called on every play. The question though is it best for the game? I don't think so.

The penalties weren't the only reason for the Fins loss. Multiple times the Fins defense had the Raiders in third and long and didn't make them punt.
Also three mistakes contributed to the loss. Parkey seems to hit 50 yard FGs with ease but sometimes misses extra points? Drake fumbled & Pouncey mishandled a snap. Even with the mistakes, the Fins still could have won with a few less penalties.
Hate whining but they were screwed it was ridiculous. Fins had way more yards called back. Kind of makes you sick seemed like the fix was in

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that the game was not fixed. I have to wonder with the way it was called.

I think the Dolphins should ask for clarification from the league regarding the illegal formation call against J James. That call was a game changer. There were other questionable calls.

I think that the Pats are treated differently with penalty calls. They pass the ball a lot more than other teams yet they get a lot less holding calls called against them than other teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that the game was not fixed. I have to wonder with the way it was called.

I think the Dolphins should ask for clarification from the league regarding the illegal formation call against J James. That call was a game changer. There were other questionable calls.

I think that the Pats are treated differently with penalty calls. They pass the ball a lot more than other teams yet they get a lot less holding calls called against them than other teams.
This is exactly my point. Overall the refs were bad but atrocious to the Fins. Jones hit which happened in bounds was the most ridiculous. That ref had the flag out before he even hit him. You have to wonder. It does make you wonder sometimes if this is WWE....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a fan I'll just move on to the next game. Dwelling on the penalties in the game is just frustrating.

There were some positives: There were several guys on offense who played very well. If they play like they did in the game it will usually result in a win.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a fan I'll just move on to the next game. Dwelling on the penalties in the game is just frustrating.

There were some positives: There were several guys on offense who played very well. If they play like they did in the game it will usually result in a win.
Yes agreed they probably win most although the D had some lapses. I bet McDonald fixes some of the secondary issues...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense stopped the run really well except for giving up a few big runs. The run defense improved dramatically from last year.

The D needs to be able to stop an offense more consistently on 3rd down especially when it's 3rd & long.

Suh almost won the game himself with the strip sack fumble recovery. Other guys on D played well. R Jones for example gives non stop effort.

I am looking forward to watching McDonald. He's a big physical safety. I am glad the Fins signed him long term.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense stopped the run really well except for giving up a few big runs. The run defense improved dramatically from last year.

The D needs to be able to stop an offense more consistently on 3rd down especially when it's 3rd & long.

Suh almost won the game himself with the strip sack fumble recovery. Other guys on D played well. R Jones for example gives non stop effort.

I am looking forward to watching McDonald. He's a big physical safety. I am glad the Fins signed him long term.

112617patsce018.jpg

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats played a great game. I have to give D Lewis & the rest of the players & coaches credit.

That said, I wouldn't expect another blowout in Miami.