• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pederson is still an idiot

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple thoughts on Pederson:

1. His decision to go for it on 4th down ultimately led to the team scoring a touchdown.
2. Later on, he opted to take a penalty to get him closer to the goal line for a 2-point conversion attempt and successfully converted.
3. We won the game by 5 points.
4. If we kicked a field goal instead of going for it and eventually scoring a touchdown, we would have had 4 fewer points.
5. If we went for an XP instead of a 2-point conversion, we would have had 5 fewer points. The score would have been tied.
6. On top of that, the 2-point conversion put the Panthers in a position where they, at one point, needed two touchdowns to win. This put a huge burden on Carolina that would not have otherwise been there.

People don't like his aggressiveness, but so far it has mostly paid off. We might not have won last night if Pederson wasn't aggressive on 4th downs.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pederson has turned his coaching around. kudos to him and fortunate for everyone all around. he's committing to the running game and is slowly showing willingness to shift the original game plan around.

rivera's stupidity before the half was what i was referring to last week with the eagles against the cardinals. the panthers had a 1st and 10 at the eagles 38 with 49 seconds left. instead of running or hitting some safe plays to get into field goal range, newton gets sacked and it blows up the whole deal. then rivera doesn't even try the 58 yarder.. and newton doesn't even do the hail mary. mind boggling shit there.

if they did a QB draw or a quick toss to mccaffrey, they had a very solid shot to take a 13-10 lead into the half. like i said at the time, i guess 3 points in a tie game at home just wasn't that important to them. i'm pretty sure they wish they had it on their last 2 drives, when they needed to go for the TD instead.

Running the ball was not a safe play for Carolina last night. Rivera would have been turning down a 61 yarder if they did that, perhaps.

Not trying such a kick was a judgement call. Of course the kicker was not going to like it.

You try to take what the game gives. I agree that Newton scrambling or a quick out to McCaffrey would have helped. Still...how dare you doubt the two time coach of the year...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. His decision to go for it on 4th down ultimately led to the team scoring a touchdown.
2. Later on, he opted to take a penalty to get him closer to the goal line for a 2-point conversion attempt and successfully converted.
4. If we kicked a field goal instead of going for it and eventually scoring a touchdown, we would have had 4 fewer points.
5. If we went for an XP instead of a 2-point conversion, we would have had 5 fewer points. The score would have been tied.
6. On top of that, the 2-point conversion put the Panthers in a position where they, at one point, needed two touchdowns to win. This put a huge burden on Carolina that would not have otherwise been there.

People don't like his aggressiveness, but so far it has mostly paid off. We might not have won last night if Pederson wasn't aggressive on 4th downs.

Excellent way to look at things!! Well said!

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I was one of the biggest for being down on Doug and I am pretty much converted. His tactical decision making was horrible, but it has been reported that they have 1 or 2 analytics guys that are now in his ear during the game and offering the numerical sort of advice.

This is great. I don't think Doug is a natural on tactical decision making, but it appears he recognized his limitations and added the right people to the team and conversation to make him a better coach. Add that in with his "emotional intelligence" and it looks like you have a complete package. You certainly can't argue with the results.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big balls Doug.

That's the only way to play.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Pederson was the prize of the 2016 head coaching class

Coach Record
Doug Pederson, Eagles 21-12 (.636)
Mike Mularkey, Titans ("mutually parted ways") 19-15 (.559)
Adam Gase, Dolphins 16-17 (.485)
Ben McAdoo, Giants (fired) 13-15 (.464)
Dirk Koetter, Buccaneers 14-18 (.438)
Chip Kelly, 49ers (fired) 2-14 (.125)
Hue Jackson, Browns 1-31 (.031)

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I was one of the biggest for being down on Doug and I am pretty much converted. His tactical decision making was horrible, but it has been reported that they have 1 or 2 analytics guys that are now in his ear during the game and offering the numerical sort of advice.

This is great. I don't think Doug is a natural on tactical decision making, but it appears he recognized his limitations and added the right people to the team and conversation to make him a better coach. Add that in with his "emotional intelligence" and it looks like you have a complete package. You certainly can't argue with the results.
I agree. At least Doug listens to those who advise him. Much more than the two coaches before him!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is the total package. Great game plans, great adjustments, great playbook, great buy-in from the players. We are so very fortunate to have him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson: Andy Reid with adjustments.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pederson clearly improved big time this year in terms of not being a slimmer andy reid. but as mr. wolf would say.. well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

pederson's stupid pass call on 1st and goal from the 2 is what led to wentz getting hurt. he pulled the same crap against the falcons, throwing on 1st and goal from the 3. two plays later on 3rd and goal from the 2, foles fumbled. if he lost it or they were stopped on 4th down.. total disaster. that wound up being our only TD.

also showed poor clock management towards the end of the half, draining the clock instead of calling a timeout. then the eagles got lucky twice with that botched INT and jeffery catch. the falcons could have easily had the ball at midfield or better with some time left to get into field goal range.

we were lucky to get 9 of our paltry 15 points. the defense easily won the game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pederson clearly improved big time this year in terms of not being a slimmer andy reid. but as mr. wolf would say.. well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

pederson's stupid pass call on 1st and goal from the 2 is what led to wentz getting hurt. he pulled the same crap against the falcons, throwing on 1st and goal from the 3. two plays later on 3rd and goal from the 2, foles fumbled. if he lost it or they were stopped on 4th down.. total disaster. that wound up being our only TD.

also showed poor clock management towards the end of the half, draining the clock instead of calling a timeout. then the eagles got lucky twice with that botched INT and jeffery catch. the falcons could have easily had the ball at midfield or better with some time left to get into field goal range.

we were lucky to get 9 of our paltry 15 points. the defense easily won the game.
Once a hater, always a hater.

:juggle:

Enjoy the parade.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pederson's stupid pass call on 1st and goal from the 2 is what led to wentz getting hurt..
I read a while back it was likely torn before that play.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay named Coach of the Year. Ridiculous.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The existence of this thread gets funnier every day.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a while back it was likely torn before that play.

if so, it's pretty damn impressive he was able to move like nothing happened and fly into the endzone.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The existence of this thread gets funnier every day.

how so? pederson was getting ripped frequently from all angles early on. he completely adapted after the chiefs game and has been given credit ever since. should we bump all threads that questioned foles, kelce, elliott, etc. when they were doing poorly?