• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peddy Turdcell to Edmonton

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Gagner was traded twice within 90 minutes Sunday night, first from the Edmonton Oilers to Tampa Bay and then from the Lightning to the Arizona Coyotes.

The Oilers got winger Teddy Purcell from the Lightning in exchange for centre Gagner. The Lightning then flipped him to the Coyotes along with tough guy B.J. Crombeen for a sixth-round pick.

TSN

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker. Turdcell sucks, he had 2 good years in Tampa but the last 3-4 years is the same guy we saw in LA. At least the one I did and why I was happy he got dumped.

So Gagner goes to AZ for Crombeen and a 6th? I remember when the Kings were looking for help prior to the Olympics and the rumor mill was hot on Gagner for a deal circling around Clifford. Wow am I glad the Kings did not make that deal.

Not only was Gaborik the right choice but Clifford was pretty important during the Rangers series as well as sporadically throughout. Edmonton would have received a much better player than Crombeen in any deal (yes, I know he went to Phoenix - just looking at overall trade value).

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What planet are you living on? "he had 2 good years in Tampa but the last 3-4 years is the same guy we saw in LA". Two years ago he had 36 points in 48 games. That's pretty solid. The prior season he scored 24 goals and had 65 points. These two season's were his highest points per game average. Know your shit if you're going dog someone. Teddy is a good kid, who didn't have the greatest season last year, but he's still only 28. A decent second line player.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What planet are you living on? "he had 2 good years in Tampa but the last 3-4 years is the same guy we saw in LA". Two years ago he had 36 points in 48 games. That's pretty solid. The prior season he scored 24 goals and had 65 points. These two season's were his highest points per game average. Know your shit if you're going dog someone. Teddy is a good kid, who didn't have the greatest season last year, but he's still only 28. A decent second line player.

Without Lecavalier, St. Louis and Stamkos he became the "LA King" they got rid of.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Know my shit? I do know my shit, which is I why I said he would be traded well before he was. He is not a guy you count on to come through when it's needed which is why he was shipped off from LA. I actually *watched* him and didn't just type in Nhl Stats | Nhl Stats/TeddySucksBalls, Junior.

Perimeter player, no guts to go to the middle and was given ample opportunity to be a T6 in LA. He started his last season here as the 2LW, got bounced around all 4 lines trying to get him going and then he was shipped off. The only reason he had success was because of St. Louis and Lecavalier.

No loss in LA and he still sucks. But please, continue your love affair with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? ya Purcell is the shit. Not a lot of "2nd line" guys get traded for a Crombeen and a 6th round pick. I would be surprised if he cracks 30 points in a season for the rest of his career

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on him too the first year he was here, lot of talk about how talented he was. I expected big things from him.

I was at the Calgary game in Feb 2008 when he scored his first NHL goal against Kiprusoff. It was a shot from the very high slot, I was actually shocked two-fold: one, that he was able to rip it past (still then) an elite goaltender from about 30 feet out but also two, that he was nowhere near the net when he scored it. Sniper, or luck?

Unfortunately that would be his career, he doesn't go to the dirty areas to score and is a perimeter player. Lots of words about where he needed improvement on the old blog if you're bored and want to look from both Lombardi and Terry Murray - they did not like his lack of grit and felt he had more to give. After seeing him at the end of his first season though (40 something games), I didn't think he was going to last with the identity the Kings were building. Fast forward to now, and I definitely don't think he would have been part of this group. I saw a perceived "softie" in Gaborik take and give bigger bumps and hits than I ever saw Purcell deliver.

Lots of Kings fans think he wasn't given a fair shake, but when a player is moved pretty quickly from an organization that speaks volumes. Given his AHL stud status I can see why the Kings wanted more from him, as well as O'Sullivan (also moved out relatively quickly).

Spotted this tidbit earlier:

Purcell, 28, played five seasons for Tampa Bay after being acquired from the Kings in March 2010. He had a breakout year in 2011-12, with 24 goals and 41 assists, including a great playoff run. But Purcell has been a relative disappointment since. A very skilled offensive player, Purcell had 23 goals combined the past two seasons.

So yeah, he was a decent player 3-4 years ago as I said. But I consider those career years and the last 2 years more of what he is going to be. Now in Edmonton, should be interesting to see how he does - is going to lead the younger kids and show them how it's done or is he going to sandbag it since he has not shot at a Cup for the foreseeable future?

Talent without effort is a damn shame no matter what your profession.

Last edited by a moderator: