• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peach Bowl!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reaching a high water mark of Bama -16.5 to -17 fairly early after the lines came out, it has steadily receded back to now around -14.5 to -15. Sharp money won't roll in for another week. Can't see it dropping a lot more than where it is now though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get back on track here:

They must and I mean must find a way to run the ball!

No lateral stuff, they gotta line up and man up... Trap plays. sweeps what ever. Gaskin and Coleman need to have at least 15 touches a piece

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington won’t immediately reap financial windfall from College Football Playoff appearance

Breakdown of the financial status of the U after reaching this point.

Highlights:
Petersen has already triggered $675,000 in bonuses and would be due another $500,000 if he found a way to win the CFP.
Each of the coaches have triggered $66,000 in bonuses.
Total bonuses for all coaches so far is $1.27 million.

Both teams get $6 million for playing in this game. UW will keep $2 million for travel and expenses and $4 million goes into the conference bowl game revenue sharing pool.

As is typical of all teams that get into bowls, getting to this point will cost the school more than they will recover with the $2 million expense check and the increased stadium revenue.

It should give a hell of a boost to merchandise sales and the exposure should further improve stadium revenue next year. The long term impact will recover all of that expense. And of course the boost to recruiting should keep it tracking higher for the long run as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen mentioned today we will be sporting the standard road unis for the game.
Gold helmets, white jerseys, purple on the legs.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom! The video game simulation agrees with my dream. Dawgs got this.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That simulation is awesome. Browning looks freaking jacked. Hit the weights in Dec like a beast. LOL.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sim would work for me! +3 on turnovers would be huge.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies, Raise Your Hands | The Players' Tribune

If Lawyer doesn't get you jacked the fuck up reading this, you should just change over to soccer or something.

Hell yeah!

That tunnel’s a sacred place, man. I remember being down there, standing in the back when I was a freshman. When we left our locker room, the opposing team was already in the tunnel standing there in front of us. Every single time we lined up in there, the other team would be trying to psych themselves into thinking they had a shot in our house, hollering at us and making as much noise as possible. All the juniors and seniors up front would be barking back at them — literally barking, as if they were dogs in their cage ready to eat.

And then one of our guys started the chant.

“WHOSE HOUSE?”

When the rest of us heard that, we knew it was showtime.

“DAWGS’ HOUSE!”

We’d do that over and over again.
By the time I was a senior, I had earned the chance to be one of the guys leading the team in those chants and out onto the field. Every time we left that tunnel, we were embraced by 70,000 screaming Huskies fans, so loud that there was no possible way to even hear yourself think. That s*** was crazy.

In that moment, I felt only one thing: power.

I’d get out on the field and look over to the sideline where our coach, the legendary Don James — “the Dawgfather” — would be standing like a god. It was like there was a heavenly light shining down on our side of the field. I always took a moment to soak it all in.

We felt like we were gladiators out there.
Young fellas, listen closely. I’ve been watching you guys for the past couple of years and what I’ve seen is really extraordinary. Y’all have brought the Washington program back to where it once was under Don James, back to the glory years. That’s not just me saying that just to say it — it’s the darn truth. The job isn’t done, but I think we all need to give credit where credit is due.

The first person I’m looking at is someone who I like to call the second coming of the Dawgfather — your coach, Chris Petersen.

Let me tell you guys something real quick: I’ve been lucky enough to play for some of the greatest coaches ever, and that dude is something special. He cares deeply about his players and his university. He unites this city and state with the school like no other coach since Don James. And because of that, you guys have balled out. I mean, you guys have gotten our swagger back. And, I can’t tell you often enough — I’m so proud of that.
Here’s the deal: The mainstream media is counting us out right now. You know the kinds of things they’re saying.

Bama is too good for Washington.

The Huskies haven’t proven much.

It’s gonna be a blowout.

Let me tell you something right now: The “experts” don’t have a f****** clue.

They don’t know how much you all have grinded throughout the season to get to this point. They don’t know what Coach Pete is really telling you guys out on the practice field, inside of that locker room before and after a big game or in a quiet moment. They just flat out don’t know.

Which is why I’m telling you this right now: I believe you will beat Alabama. In my heart of hearts. I believe it. And I don’t give a damn whether someone tells me I’m crazy. I’ve seen enough this year to show me that y’all are ready for this challenge.
Damn, I think I could punch a hole in a wall with my dick after reading his piece.

I hope every damned kid on that team reads it and is ready to play UW football on Saturday.

W

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently watching the PAC12 Network's Timelines Series Episode: "Purple Reign"

I don't know if any of yous have seen it, the original air date was 12/18, but if you haven't seen it, and get a chance to, that should get anyone of yous all jacked up for the Peach Bowl if you're not already!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies, Raise Your Hands | The Players' Tribune

If Lawyer doesn't get you jacked the fuck up reading this, you should just change over to soccer or something.

Hell yeah!

Damn, I think I could punch a hole in a wall with my dick after reading his piece.

I hope every damned kid on that team reads it and is ready to play UW football on Saturday.

W
They said on CGD that every player on the team read Lawyer's piece on the tribune.

How can they not be fired up by that?

WOOF

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on a great season Dawg fans.

You can hold your heads high, that Bama defense is no joke.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RegentDenali, I always think of the 'Cake Reward' as "That takes the cake" type of sentiment. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always consider it that it's a quality post and you deserve some cake as an award. :thumb:
I figured as much, thanks Brah!

I really enjoyed watching your Huskies this year...