• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peach Bowl!

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:
8caf995a7c.jpg
So....you're saying Alabama doesn't suck at all?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to look but which conference has the most bowl teams?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a chance to look but which conference has the most bowl teams?
Dumbest possible way to read the conferences. SEC only plays 8 conf games and has 14 teams. Adding a 9th to be in the same balance as everyone else automatically adds 7 more total losses to 'the conference' and probably takes several of those bottom feeding teams that are bowling out of them.

It's artificially propped up with all those fluffy scrub games in OOC that many of them play. As much as has been said about our OOC games, how many SEC had 4 such games?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest possible way to read the conferences. SEC only plays 8 conf games and has 14 teams. Adding a 9th to be in the same balance as everyone else automatically adds 7 more total losses to 'the conference' and probably takes several of those bottom feeding teams that are bowling out of them.

It's artificially propped up with all those fluffy scrub games in OOC that many of them play. As much as has been said about our OOC games, how many SEC had 4 such games?
...so, you're saying the SEC has the most? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so, you're saying the SEC has the most? :noidea:
No, I said I won't even look into it because you can't measure the quality of any conference based off the number of bowl teams they have in a bloated system that rewards mediocrity and puts shitty teams in bowls so that everyone can feel good about themselves even when they suck.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough the first time.

:suds:

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said I won't even look into it because you can't measure the quality of any conference based off the number of bowl teams they have in a bloated system that rewards mediocrity and puts shitty teams in bowls so that everyone can feel good about themselves even when they suck.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough the first time.

:suds:
Bloated bowls aren't the fault of any one conference. They ALL have their cupcakes to schedule...some are P5 cupcakes though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloated bowls aren't the fault of any one conference. They ALL have their cupcakes to schedule...some are P5 cupcakes though.
Wasn't singling out any particular conference in my disdain for the current bowl system. They all abuse it and rightfully so. Going to a bowl gives you an extra 15 practices over those that don't. Who can blame the teams for doing everything they can to get to one?

All I said about the SEC in particular is 8 conf games leaves that conference with half their teams able to get an extra win vs those other conferences that have 9 and those leave them with more bowl eligible teams. Really doesn't bother me, just not an apples to apples comparison when looking at how many they put in vs those with 9 is it?

Every conference has teams going that really shouldn't be in bowls. And I really don't agree with the 5-7 teams that get in when there aren't enough 6-6 teams to qualify. If you only get 5 wins and 2-3 of those were against cupcakes why on earth should you be rewarded for that?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't singling out any particular conference in my disdain for the current bowl system. They all abuse it and rightfully so. Going to a bowl gives you an extra 15 practices over those that don't. Who can blame the teams for doing everything they can to get to one?

All I said about the SEC in particular is 8 conf games leaves that conference with half their teams able to get an extra win vs those other conferences that have 9 and those leave them with more bowl eligible teams. Really doesn't bother me, just not an apples to apples comparison when looking at how many they put in vs those with 9 is it?

Every conference has teams going that really shouldn't be in bowls. And I really don't agree with the 5-7 teams that get in when there aren't enough 6-6 teams to qualify. If you only get 5 wins and 2-3 of those were against cupcakes why on earth should you be rewarded for that?
Agreed.

Then you have shitty teams like Mississippi State that were ranked No. 1 two years ago...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect anything less from one of these things. He might know there are issues he thinks he can exploit, but he's certainly not going to say that in that setting.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't expect anything less from one of these things. He might know there are issues he thinks he can exploit, but he's certainly not going to say that in that setting.
Wouldn't expect anything less from Saban.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like to take time every now and then and reflect on past rankings of previous mentioned teams.

Do you know........
Arky's top ranking this year = #16, finished 7-5
Tennessee = #9, finished 8-4
Georgia = #12, finished 7-5
Florida = #11, finished 8-4
Auburn = #9, finished 8-4
LSU = #13, finished 7-4
Texas AtM, #4, finished 8-4
Ole Miss, #12, finished 5-7

Yowzahs!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we will travel well for this thing and they had no problems getting the general tickets out. I mean we all know a huge portion of those general tickets will be Bama fans as it's fairly close to them, but 13k+ dawgs will still be in the house.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream I was at the game last night. The stadium was a weird version of Husky Stadium, and I wasn't nearly as drunk as I wanted to be...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream I was at the game last night. The stadium was a weird version of Husky Stadium, and I wasn't nearly as drunk as I wanted to be...
Sounds like a nightmare.