• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Payrolls...Red Sox are ruining baseball

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody deserves threatening email from other posters. SportsHoopla should be a safe place to talk baseball

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody deserves threatening email from other posters. SportsHoopla should be a safe place to talk baseball

I agree!! Only an insecure douche would send threatening emails.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it will never happen, but I wish that baseball would institute a salary cap. I think they should include a minimum too.
It cannot be considered a competitive league when you have a team with a $235 million payroll playing a team with a $67 million payroll. That's a difference of $168 million. That's more than the Yankees total payroll.
I'd like to see a minimum of $80 million and a max of $150 million. Your top teams would still have an advantage, but at least the teams could be close.

There is more parity in baseball than any other sport

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt the dodgers blowing the payroll up for years

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a sanctuary message board

I agree!! Only an insecure douche would send threatening emails.

For a couple of days the board was talking baseball relevant to the AL Central ... but things are getting stupid again ... could you please keep an eye on the AL CENTRAL thread. And I don't need sanctuary from anyone, I've been beat up pretty bad from the ohio state and Cleveland Indians fellas, but it is relevant to the conversation. People are more respectful on the Political Forum.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more parity in baseball than any other sport

Yep, and the teams just got an additional 50 mil each this year and several teams simply pocketed the money and are tanking to follow the Cubs and Astros example.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and the teams just got an additional 50 mil each this year and several teams simply pocketed the money and are tanking to follow the Cubs and Astros example.

Build from within and then add the pieces that fit when your team is ready. It's horrible, to see the state the Tigers are in right now, but sometimes you gotta tear it down to build it up!!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build from within and then add the pieces that fit when your team is ready. It's horrible, to see the state the Tigers are in right now, but sometimes you gotta tear it down to build it up!!

I agree. It's rare when you can completely rebuild like the Yanks did without having a losing season. But they had the cash and caught lightning in a bottle a couple years ago when they had 2 relievers every playoff team wanted and bid against each other. Throw in that they finally let Cashman run the draft starting about 5 or 6 years ago. Before that the "Braintrust" in Tampa ran the drafts.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a couple of days the board was talking baseball relevant to the AL Central ... but things are getting stupid again ... could you please keep an eye on the AL CENTRAL thread. And I don't need sanctuary from anyone, I've been beat up pretty bad from the ohio state and Cleveland Indians fellas, but it is relevant to the conversation. People are more respectful on the Political Forum.

I will. Thanks for the heads up. I've already been alerted to some "incidents" via PM from @handicappers.

Just so you know, I've already addressed some unscrupulous behavior from @Peter Gozintite. He's very close to getting a time out. Feel free to PM me if he bothers you.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Thanks for the heads up. I've already been alerted to some "incidents" via PM from @handicappers.

Just so you know, I've already addressed some unscrupulous behavior from @Peter Gozintite. He's very close to getting a time out. Feel free to PM me if he bothers you.

Peter Gozintite has never been a problem to me, matter of fact I don't have any problems just annoyed by the stupidity, trolling and personal insults in the AL CENTRAL thread ... it has been off the hook for a while now. Iffy and doug are the two biggest problems. It would be good to talk baseball and take some well deserved limps from the Indians fans (maybe the Twins fans too).

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about the dying sport of baseball and leave my name and nuts outchomouf fool!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep up the good work. He's only been back one day and he's already starting to act stupid...picking fights, using homophobic slurs, talking about another posters' daughter (distasteful oral jokes). He's got one more week and then it's "lights out" if he doesn't get his shit together and reverse he lobotomy.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about the dying sport of baseball and leave my name and nuts outchomouf fool!

tumblr_mkbzjxD6Qf1qmp0v1o2_500.gif

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you just believe what handicappers says??? Don't you even look at what he posts? He is the problem

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave @dougplayer out of this, banning, time-out stuff. His IQ prohibits him from being banned. SportsHoopla by-laws state that any poster with an IQ under 45 is exempt from banning. A mistake was made and doug was accidentally given a timeout because moderators incorrectly had placed a ''1'' in front of doug's actual 43 IQ. Doug has been reinstated and is currently drooling....errr....posting on the AL Central forum with his collection of good ol' boy butt buddies.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Gozintite has never been a problem to me, matter of fact I don't have any problems just annoyed by the stupidity, trolling and personal insults in the AL CENTRAL thread ... it has been off the hook for a while now. Iffy and doug are the two biggest problems. It would be good to talk baseball and take some well deserved limps from the Indians fans (maybe the Twins fans too).
IMG_5873.GIF

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dbldwn711 I believe my account was just hacked.

It's either the North Koreans, or some tall muhfuggah with luxurious hair.