• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paying DI Athletes With Recruiting High School Players

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is legal or is currently being done now but I do know kids coming into schools have brothers, friends and connections that recruiters simply don't have so they become recruiters themselves sometimes. I was wondering if players can get a player to sign on why not pay that player a lump sum for each recruit he/she brings onto the team. This is just an estimate but it can be something like this for each player recruited

2 star = 500
3 star = 1k
4 star= 5k
5 star= 10k

bonuses: over 10 players recruited = extra 5 or something like that.

Again, IDK if this would be legal according to the regulations and these values are just estimates. I'm sure this idea has come up before but I've never seen it on these boards so I was wondering what other people thought about this. This gives the kids ways to earn income without too much time and effort because it would mostly come from relationships they've already developed.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this is legal or is currently being done now but I do know kids coming into schools have brothers, friends and connections that recruiters simply don't have so they become recruiters themselves sometimes. I was wondering if players can get a player to sign on why not pay that player a lump sum for each recruit he/she brings onto the team. This is just an estimate but it can be something like this for each player recruited

2 star = 500
3 star = 1k
4 star= 5k
5 star= 10k

Again, IDK if this would be legal according to the regulations and these values are just estimates. I'm sure this idea has come up before but I've never seen it on these boards so I was wondering what other people thought about this. This gives the kids ways to earn income without too much time and effort because it would mostly come from relationships they've already developed.
Theoretically, you can't pay anyone associated with a recruit.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can't pay what recruits? Is this a written rule? What if this is an actual position?
It's the university as a whole or anyone considered a booster by the NCAA. And yes, it's a written rule.

There was a bit of a loophole that Harbaugh used where people are actually hired within the athletic department for actual positions who had kids that were football recruits and or grad transfers, but the NCAA just cracked down on that this year and I think it's now that the staffer has to be hired two years prior to the kid coming to the school for it to be allowed.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of this subject. Anyone notice the recruiting class that Taggart, whose never been head coach at a P5 school and last gig was south florida, is magically pulling in at Nike U. after only a few months on the job?

It's gotta be all that charm and charisma.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 star = 500
3 star = 1k
4 star= 5k
5 star= 10k

I'm a booster, I can now find different scouting services and grease them to bump up a star because Student athlete A said another school will get him up to a 5 star and he will flip if your school can't do the same. I know this sounds reddiculous but just trying to show there are always loopholes.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="RegentDenali, post: 10209464, member: 3521

It's gotta be all that charm and charisma.[/QUOTE]
Ding, ding, ding...sarcasm winner. :dingdingding:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be a college football player under these conditions.

My pimp hand would be strong running a string of bitches.

Imagine this cat getting money to recruit players:

images

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be a college football player under these conditions.

My pimp hand would be strong running a string of bitches.

Imagine this cat getting money to recruit players:

images
40 years ago he would have been cool but now he is a creepy old guy who they never heard of that's talking about wanting to kiss recruits mom's

Last edited:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boosters have been doing this since the 1930s.

You know that musical "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" is based on reality. What is funny, is the girls of the Chicken Ranch were supposed to be girls from the University of Texas.

Agents only started doing it since 1990s.

I wonder how many of the SportsHoopla texas posters are offspring from couplings at the Chicken Ranch.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boosters have been paying players to bring in recruits for decades. If you bring in that QB from DaMatha HS, you can pick anything from my used car lots or you have 100 slightly used $100 bills.

Very easy to do, put together a 50 year financing plan on the car.