• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul McCartney releases new single in anticipation of new album Egypt River, set to be released 9/7

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they were a lot better than the guys in Badfinger and John Fogerty...
Badfinger, wow, two guys in that band hung themselves. I liked them.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubts Harrison was the best musician tho.

I'm certain none of the others would disagree.

I'm not. I think Paul was better and certainly a better bassist than Harrison was a guitarist. He created several bass lines most top bassists would give their left nut to have created. He's also the best melodist of the rock era. I think Lennon kept him grounded and away from the lightweight compostions that dominated his post-Beatles career.

But what's going on in here ? The early Beatles was bubble gum Archies crap ? Elvis an assembly line Britney Spears type ? Get a grip people.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. I think Paul was better and certainly a better bassist than Harrison was a guitarist. He created several bass lines most top bassists would give their left nut to have created. He's also the best melodist of the rock era. I think Lennon kept him grounded and away from the lightweight compostions that dominated his post-Beatles career.

But what's going on in here ? The early Beatles was bubble gum Archies crap ? Elvis an assembly line Britney Spears type ? Get a grip people.

It's a fun debate. Paul is a song machine and the best at his respective instrument. Harrison was more experimental and could hack his way on damn near any instrument. Plus he was cool af.:wink:

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would add...invested in the rights to so much music that he couldn't care less what the critics say. He and his kids will be obscenely wealthy for the rest of their collective natural lives and beyond. And that says cha-ching all day long louder than an 80's Who concert that's sitting on your shoulder.