• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats Should trade their 4th rounder

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats Should trade their 4th rounder to whoever has the last compenatory 4th round pick. Whoever has that seat would probably give up a 2027 7th rounder or better... That would be comical...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats Should trade their 4th rounder to whoever has the last compenatory 4th round pick. Whoever has that seat would probably give up a 2027 7th rounder or better... That would be comical...

I'm not following you.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That way the league took away the a pick of lesser value and the pats ended up with a miniscule amout of more value. I'm not saying they should try to eek out a little more value but just mess with the league office.

The wording I read is the Pats will lose their fourth round pick of greatest value. If the league can take away a pick from a trade, the Pats should be able to trade their existing pick, so long as they still have a fourth rounder to be taken away.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That way the league took away the a pick of lesser value and the pats ended up with a miniscule amout of more value. I'm not saying they should try to eek out a little more value but just mess with the league office.

The wording I read is the Pats will lose their fourth round pick of greatest value. If the league can take away a pick from a trade, the Pats should be able to trade their existing pick, so long as they still have a fourth rounder to be taken away.

Why could they not just trade out of the fourth completely?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that's an alternative to my point.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't trade what you don't have.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would've only made sense if they didn't already have Seattle's pick that the league already took away. Trading down from their own pick now doesn't affect anything with the league. The only way anything would change with the league would be if they traded their pick up to the 24th pick in the round or higher before the draft...then the league would take that pick away instead and give them the Seattle pick back. If they traded out of the 4th completely, the league would take the Cleveland comp pick instead.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant this as a tongue in cheek discussion...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would've only made sense if they didn't already have Seattle's pick that the league already took away. Trading down from their own pick now doesn't affect anything with the league. The only way anything would change with the league would be if they traded their pick up to the 24th pick in the round or higher before the draft...then the league would take that pick away instead and give them the Seattle pick back. If they traded out of the 4th completely, the league would take the Cleveland comp pick instead.

Hey Shine, welcome to SportsHoopla. Where ya from?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shine, welcome to SportsHoopla. Where ya from?
Plymouth, Mass

Originally matriculated over here with the group that came from KFFL a couple years ago (known as Underdog there, that handle was taken here hence having to revert to my secret identity), mostly been posting at live4sports since (where I was able to take my usual name lol)...very little Pats talk going on there, though, so thought I'd see what was up here these days.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plymouth, Mass

Originally matriculated over here with the group that came from KFFL a couple years ago (known as Underdog there, that handle was taken here hence having to revert to my secret identity), mostly been posting at live4sports since (where I was able to take my usual name lol)...very little Pats talk going on there, though, so thought I'd see what was up here these days.

We have a good group of Pats fans here and discussion gets lively. Nobody wants to talk about the Patriots on the main board after the SB win but around pre-season we'll be getting all the "The Patriots are really done this year"
and we'll be off and running.....