• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats replace Cooks

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H. Christ people, Matthews is not the replacement for Cooks he will take on the role of Amendola, Mitchell will take on the role Cooks had.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related development, the Pats have replaced their Heinz ketchup with Hunt's ketchup, their Coca-Cola machine with Shasta Cola, and will now get TB's smoothies from Smoothie Factory instead of Jamba Juice or Robek's.

m493bmiq0jo01.jpg

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gets in a game, and...drops a wide open TD in the endzone and causes fans to throw things.

<Writes down in notebook to remember later>

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy if Matthews actually won a ring with the Pats as he seems to be a good guy. He does have a lot of good traits. It seems the Pats are buying very low on him, and if he can stay healthy and catch the ball--big ifs--he could be a contributor for them. Brady will love him because he will work hard and is kind of a QB's pet.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is a good ST player and occasional WR....not a starter or heavy duty player at WR.
Exactly NE already has Slater, Ebner and pretty much Bolden that only play STs. Not sure BB will keep a 4th? So Patterson will have to show some route running ability, something he's not known for to stay on the team IMO?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love hearing Pats fans try to tell Eagles fans what Jordan Matthews can and can't do. LOL.

Jordan Matthews is a really frustrating player as a fan. He likes to tell everyone he is the nephew of Jerry Rice and that he has a similar passion for the game. He works his ass off, stays after practice to catch balls, hustles like crazy...but simply can't catch footballs very well. He drops a lot of passes in key moments.

He primarily had success in the slot as a bigger slot target. He gets open with smart route running and using his height to post up nickel backs, not really with quickness or speed. He is not a good outside receiver because he is simply not very fast and doesn't pose a deep threat. Philly tried it, it didn't work. He also lacks the physicality to win jump balls when going against bigger boundary corners outside, because he is a tall, thinner guy without strong hands.

Carson Wentz liked him as a person, he is an OK player and could be a decent #3 receiver. But that's what he is, a #3 target.
I love listening to uneducated Eagle fans tell NE where a player will fit into their system. Lucky for NE he'll be the 4th or 5th option that puts up large numbers if he stays healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he can stay healthy for one season.
They said the same thing about GlassMendola. That worked out fine. Matthwes likely will not be an every down guy. For Pat fans I hope he stays healthy. It would be nice to see what he can do with a real QB throwing to him?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR:

Edelman (off of an ACL with a not very imposing YPR to begin with)
Matthews ham and egger
Hogan ham and egger
Mitchell A something
Britt filler
Patterson ST'er

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR:

Matthews ham and egger
Hogan ham and egger
Mitchell A something
Britt filler
Patterson ST'er
Not a very impressive group but good enough.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't take long. Jordan Matthews signs one year deal with NE.
Big big drop off. Maybe Bellichick feels like he can control Mathews.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR:

Matthews ham and egger
Hogan ham and egger
Mitchell A something
Britt filler
Patterson ST'er
I wonder if they think Patterson can be a deep threat with a good QB like Brady. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to let Cooks go.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they think Patterson can be a deep threat with a good QB like Brady. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to let Cooks go.
I can't imagine they're that stupid. Dude can't run routes let alone run routes efficiently. He has no agility whatsoever so his speed is straight-line in nature. Go routes are probably the least efficient route you can run unless you are a true burner. As has been mentioned a lot in here, Mitchell is a more logical fit for the role even if he probably isn't nearly as good as Cooks.

The real reason Patterson is still in the NFL is he has a tremendous track record with KR's. That's it. Period.
On 31 other teams, that WR corp is not considered acceptable or good.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine they're that stupid. Dude can't run routes let alone run routes efficiently. He has no agility whatsoever so his speed is straight-line in nature. Go routes are probably the least efficient route you can run unless you are a true burner. As has been mentioned a lot in here, Mitchell is a more logical fit for the role even if he probably isn't nearly as good as Cooks.

The real reason Patterson is still in the NFL is he has a tremendous track record with KR's. That's it. Period.
He is a sensational kick returner but I recall him being an excellent receiver at Tennessee. Perhaps Brady can fix him. Wasn't he a first-round draft pick?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a sensational kick returner but I recall him being an excellent receiver at Tennessee. Perhaps Brady can fix him. Wasn't he a first-round draft pick?
No he wasn't. He was college productive, still couldn't run a route to save his life. Still as agile as a brick and his combine shows that too. I'd be very surprised if the Pats of all teams used him as a real life WR.