• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots want Rosen

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be nice this time to return the solid NE did them with Jimmy G.

The 'solid' was paid by Belichick.....when Shanahan literally gave the Pats the Super Bowl against the Falcons. The reality is, Billy Belly still hasn't paid in full.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really think this won't happen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do not understand the train of thought behind moving up to ten or earlier for a QB in a very QB heavy draft. There are much greater needs to address on the defensive side of the ball it makes a lot more sense to draft a LB and DE then it does QB. I feel there is talent to be had in the second round, a lot of talent, it would be developmental talent but we all know TB12 is playing this year. Don't believe the media hype. I can very easily see the Pats keeping their picks and going LB, DE, QB, CB., or trading back for more picks.

When is the last time the Pats took a QB in round one, Drew Bledsoe? I don't know to me, moving up makes no sense at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'solid' was paid by Belichick.....when Shanahan literally gave the Pats the Super Bowl against the Falcons. The reality is, Billy Belly still hasn't paid in full.
This is just such a stupid response.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q. Who near the top of the draft will want to move that far down?
A. No one.

To far of a drop. Teams near the top expect to get a real good starter and dropping that far to NE.s pick will take teams out of the immediate playmaker range.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time the Pats took a QB in round one, Drew Bledsoe?
When you have a QB you win games and finish at the bottom of the first round. Usually that means you aren't drafting a QB. Seems like a pretty good trend the Pats have had.

Pats don't need a Rosen. They need a QB with a stupid high upside that needs to sit for a year or two.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a QB you win games and finish at the bottom of the first round. Usually that means you aren't drafting a QB. Seems like a pretty good trend the Pats have had.

Pats don't need a Rosen. They need a QB with a stupid high upside that needs to sit for a year or two.
I agree 100% and they can get younger and fix the D with this draft or at least the first two to four picks.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still do not understand the train of thought behind moving up to ten or earlier for a QB in a very QB heavy draft. There are much greater needs to address on the defensive side of the ball it makes a lot more sense to draft a LB and DE then it does QB. I feel there is talent to be had in the second round, a lot of talent, it would be developmental talent but we all know TB12 is playing this year. Don't believe the media hype. I can very easily see the Pats keeping their picks and going LB, DE, QB, CB., or trading back for more picks.

When is the last time the Pats took a QB in round one, Drew Bledsoe? I don't know to me, moving up makes no sense at all.
they got rivers, basically a free 2nd round pick coming back at DE.
they can draft LBers in the lower 2nd with remaining picks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. If the Giants/Jets pass on Rosen (unlikely, but Allen, Darnold, Barkley - to Giants, could go 1-3) I could see the Patriots somehow trading with the Browns (both 1sts, one of their early 2nds, and a 2019 1st) to move up to 4 to snag Rosen since Browns will have their QB and Barkley is off the board (and they can grab Michel/Guice/Jones late 1st for a RB). The Browns/Pats have been very active trading with one another this offseason so I would imagine the FOs are in good standing.

I know some sites have mocked Chubb to the Browns but that just really makes no sense to me. Chubb is not a top 5 DE in most classes... he just happens to be the only standout D-Lineman is a WEAK D-Line class this year.

I can't see a smart FO like the Pats negotiating a trade at #2 with the Giants. It would require a 2020 first, and multiple 3rd rounders... the value chart just isn't there and the Giants will get more lucrative offers in earlier pick packages from other teams.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. If the Giants/Jets pass on Rosen (unlikely, but Allen, Darnold, Barkley - to Giants, could go 1-3) I could see the Patriots somehow trading with the Browns (both 1sts, one of their early 2nds, and a 2019 1st) to move up to 4 to snag Rosen since Browns will have their QB and Barkley is off the board (and they can grab Michel/Guice/Jones late 1st for a RB). The Browns/Pats have been very active trading with one another this offseason so I would imagine the FOs are in good standing.

I know some sites have mocked Chubb to the Browns but that just really makes no sense to me. Chubb is not a top 5 DE in most classes... he just happens to be the only standout D-Lineman is a WEAK D-Line class this year.

I can't see a smart FO like the Pats negotiating a trade at #2 with the Giants. It would require a 2020 first, and multiple 3rd rounders... the value chart just isn't there and the Giants will get more lucrative offers in earlier pick packages from other teams.
i like the cut of your jib.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with that.

I do think Chubb is in a tier below Myles Garrett who they picked last year but I do think Chubb is about on par with Bosa coming out and Bosa is performing better than what most people were predicting.

I do agree that the Browns should trade down and that they don't need Chubb. I think Chubb still goes top 10 but he isn't the type of prospect where you pass on a QB like they did with Garrett.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got rivers, basically a free 2nd round pick coming back at DE.
they can draft LBers in the lower 2nd with remaining picks.

Rivers while decent is not the answer the need is greater than one DE. We need to bookend that position and then still get a quality LB and CB. The selection of these positions is less and the talent drop off greater. The offense is not the problem TB is there for one more year maybe two, Hoyer knows this system and is a very capable backup. We lost the SB because our defense failed plain and simple, we can put points on the board we fail at stopping that from the other team. There will be a boatload of quality QBs that need one or two years of development, guys like Mason Rudolph, Mike White, Luke Falk, Kurk Benkert, Lamar Jackson, Kyle Lauletta. Then even later there is some hidden potential in guys like Tanner Lee and Logan Woodside.

Again it's a personal assessment that giving up two picks for one in round one to take a QB when it's not an area of immediate need seems a waste to me.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everybody makes the Pats pick whatever QB is left at 31...

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
They take Kyle Lauletta out of Richmond with pick 31. Jimmy Garapollo part deux

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick won't even let it slip if the 3rd string long snapper has a hangnail on his left pinky toe, yet every year reporters are able to tell us exactly who he likes in the draft. This despite the fact that nearly everyone else in the league gets to pick players before him, and it could literally hurt their draft by leaking that info.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
He will be there early round two pick why not take the LB or DE they did not take earlier.
The advantage of taking him at the end of round 1 versus early round 2 is the 5th year option. Assuming TB plays 2 more years, that gives them 3 years under a favorable salary if they take a QB in round 1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage of taking him at the end of round 1 versus early round 2 is the 5th year option. Assuming TB plays 2 more years, that gives them 3 years under a favorable salary if they take a QB in round 1.
That is an excellent point and one I can concur with.