• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots trading Brandin Cooks to Rams for first-rounder

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey that's who I write for!

Well, Brinson certainly didn't give you guys any credit!!!!!

"but according to at least one report, he's "not sad" about the departure."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brinson certainly didn't give you guys any credit!!!!!

"but according to at least one report, he's "not sad" about the departure."

Haha I'm good with getting no credit about anything Patriots related. I'm actually just starting out with them. The website I was writing for got bought out by them and CBS. They liked what we were doing and brought our group on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this trade and very interested to see what Darth Belichick does with that 1st round pick.

Probably trade it away

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not moving up for a QB. No way...look at where they have taken their last 5 QB's...I can see them doing this in the 2nd Rd if who they like is there. We have no way of knowing. No one ever thought about Jimmy or Jacoby going to NE. I expect the same....

I can see BB moving up for Def stud if one is there...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not moving up for a QB. No way...look at where they have taken their last 5 QB's...I can see them doing this in the 2nd Rd if who they like is there. We have no way of knowing. No one ever thought about Jimmy or Jacoby going to NE. I expect the same....

I can see BB moving up for Def stud if one is there...
That would give me a Chubby:D

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would give me a Chubby:D

I heard today that the Browns may take Chub with the 4th pick. I like that better than the RB. RB class is deep

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the Browns may take Chub with the 4th pick. I like that better than the RB. RB class is deep

It seems to be the worst kept secret in football of who the Browns want to draft. Pretty much it will be Darnold and Chubb if Chubb is still there as the Giants are still thinking about possibly taking him at 2.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched 6, 2017 Patriot games since this past Thursday. I love DVR.

After watching Cooks screw the pooch more than a few times, I can see why Brady won't miss him.

We've all talked about his refusal to really extend himself when a ball is just a bit in fromt of him. We've talked about him not 'diving' to make a catch.

But watching him against the Bills in the last game and the Jets in the game before, I see even more. Brady overthrew Cooks at least three times against the jets because he hitched and turned in once and Brady was nearly intercepted because he threw to the spot where Cooks would have been if he kept running up the sideline. Cooks slowed down on a post route against the Jets and Brady dropped the ball about 5 yards in front of him. If he hadn't slowed down and than tried to jump to warp speed, the ball would have fallen right into his arms. On the next play Brady threw a beautiful 12 yard soft pass that hit him chest high, in the hands and he dropped the ball. Patriots punted and the Jets came back and gave them fits for the rest of the day.

For a guy with his speed and ability, I can't believe the little things that he did that just totally screwed a play, a series or caused the team to have to work their butts off to deal with an opponent who picked up momentum.

Hopefully Mitchell or Matthews can be a medium depth receiver. I don't think they have the deep speed that Cooks had.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched 6, 2017 Patriot games since this past Thursday. I love DVR.

After watching Cooks screw the pooch more than a few times, I can see why Brady won't miss him.

We've all talked about his refusal to really extend himself when a ball is just a bit in fromt of him. We've talked about him not 'diving' to make a catch.

But watching him against the Bills in the last game and the Jets in the game before, I see even more. Brady overthrew Cooks at least three times against the jets because he hitched and turned in once and Brady was nearly intercepted because he threw to the spot where Cooks would have been if he kept running up the sideline. Cooks slowed down on a post route against the Jets and Brady dropped the ball about 5 yards in front of him. If he hadn't slowed down and than tried to jump to warp speed, the ball would have fallen right into his arms. On the next play Brady threw a beautiful 12 yard soft pass that hit him chest high, in the hands and he dropped the ball. Patriots punted and the Jets came back and gave them fits for the rest of the day.

For a guy with his speed and ability, I can't believe the little things that he did that just totally screwed a play, a series or caused the team to have to work their butts off to deal with an opponent who picked up momentum.

Hopefully Mitchell or Matthews can be a medium depth receiver. I don't think they have the deep speed that Cooks had.

Agreed Ken. I remember that game and Cooks play well. You could say he had a" bad day."
I saw him too many times on other days with "alligator arm"
He's a good receiver but not worth passing up a #23 pick.....