• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots trading Brandin Cooks to Rams for first-rounder

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now every team in the top-5 needs a QB. So again it is going to costs a heck of a lot to make them decide not to just take Rosen themselves.
im just being a dick dont mind me

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors are flying that the Pats are trying to move pretty high up in the draft to get Josh Rosen. I don't think they have the draft capital to quite do that. They have a lot but that is a pretty big move up as I think they would have to get into the top-4.

Another rumor was not for a QB but for Bradley Chubb

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam that BB. Dam him

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors are flying that the Pats are trying to move pretty high up in the draft to get Josh Rosen. I don't think they have the draft capital to quite do that. They have a lot but that is a pretty big move up as I think they would have to get into the top-4.

Isn't he the kid who is injury prone and has a completion percentage in the mid-50's? If so....(to quote @Yankee Traveler)...Fuck that shit!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he the kid who is injury prone and has a completion percentage in the mid-50's? If so....(to quote @Yankee Traveler)...Fuck that shit!

That would be the other Josh in Josh Allen. Josh Rosen is considered the most polished QB since Luck.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...I was against trading Cooks only cause I never thought they would get a 1st back. However, great move. They got what they could from him for a yr. Traded him before they had to sign him and now can get a solid talent for the next 5 yrs. Not sure where they go...my thought this puts them in the McGlinchey range or Moore/Washington range. Now can be in play for a damn good LB too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the... the Pats would need to liquidate an incredible amount of assets to move to 2.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the... the Pats would need to liquidate an incredible amount of assets to move to 2.
Depending on the mock he could drop as low as 5 but if he gets to 5 the Donks aren't likely to trade out.

1) Darnell
2) Allen
3) Chubb
4) Barkley
5) Rosen

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quote by Tom Brady about Cooks being traded...................."I'm not sad."

I'll leave to each of you to determine exactly what he was saying.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I can't see how they get there. Again when every team in the top-5 needs a QB the likelihood of them trading out is very slim. It would take a deal that would knock their socks off to do such a thing and well the Pats are not usually in that kind of business. Plus I really doubt the top-5 teams want to trade clear back to the back end of round 1. The Giants have said they want to stay in the top-6 if they do trade back. So to me it would take the Pats trading up pretty high here in the next week or so then trading up again to try and get in that range. By the time they could actually make it into the top-5 they might have given away both 1st, both 2nd's, and maybe next year's 1st and 2nd. People have to remember that the trade up value chart only applies in certain situations. QB's raise the price big time just like when Washington traded up from 6 to 2 they gave up a boat load of picks well beyond the value chart.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quote by Tom Brady about Cooks being traded...................."I'm not sad."

I'll leave to each of you to determine exactly what he was saying.

I honestly never viewed him as the best fit for the Pats. Brady's bread and butter is the short and intermediate passing game. Cooks was never the type willing to go over the middle consistently. He did his role well but to me those quick speed guys that can go deep are a pretty limited skill set.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brady was directly quoted that he wasn't sad, it was just a tweet from Rapoport that he (Rapoport) is of the understanding that Brady isn't sad.

But they reportedly tried to sign him to a long-term deal before dealing him so I'm not sure I buy that logic.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brady was directly quoted that he wasn't sad, it was just a tweet from Rapoport that he (Rapoport) is of the understanding that Brady isn't sad.

But they reportedly tried to sign him to a long-term deal before dealing him so I'm not sure I buy that logic.

Ya, I can't find anything with Brady being quoted as saying that and it is completely out of character for him to say anything like that about any teammate.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I can't find anything with Brady being quoted as saying that and it is completely out of character for him to say anything like that about any teammate.

I took it directly for 24/7 Sports, this morning's headline.

Anyone can subscribe and they email a daily update of everything going on and rumors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it directly for 24/7 Sports, this morning's headline.

Anyone can subscribe and they email a daily update of everything going on and rumors.

Hey that's who I write for!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady reportedly 'not sad' about Patriots decision to trade Brandin Cooks to Rams
The Patriots quarterback is fine with the decision to move on from the wide receiver

The Patriots stunned the world on Tuesday afternoon with a decision to ship Brandin Cooks out of town, sending the wide receiver to the Rams for a first-round pick. The Pats also sent a fourth-round pick and received a sixth-round pick. It's yet another tough loss for Tom Brady in terms of seeing key offensive players leaving Foxborough, but according to at least one report, he's "not sad" about the departure.

Brady has watched Nate Solder sign for huge money in New York, Dion Lewis leave for Tennessee and Danny Amendola sign in Miami. Those are three big pieces, and Cooks led the team in targets and receiving yards last year. But Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported on Tuesday morning that the Pats quarterback is fine with the move.

Cooks is a weird case: he's one of just four wide receivers to record three different seasons of at least 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns before the age of 25, joining Randy Moss, Odell Beckham and John Jefferson. Only one of these guys has been traded in back-to-back seasons.

As Ben Volin of the Boston Globe noted on Wednesday's Pick Six Podcast (listen below, subscribe to our daily, 30-minute show on iTunes here) Cooks' production does not necessarily match up with his statistics. He was wildly unproductive on third down last year (7-for-26), which might be part of the reason why Brady isn't devastated.

Cooks is like the mid-30's friend you have, who owns a doctorate, is pretty good looking and just can't lock down a long-term relationship. There's something underneath the surface that made both Sean Payton and Bill Belichick trade him after a productive run with the Saints and Patriots, respectively.

As Mike Reiss of ESPN noted, Cooks was "young, energetic, productive, durable and could fly," so it's not like he was missing a ton of qualities that teams want. The Rams have to be excited about this addition, particularly on an offense that won't revolve around Cooks as the No. 1 weapon.

Volin also noted that the Pats might not be done adding players -- they could look to the draft to add a wide receiver this year. (They almost certainly will be in the quarterback business during the draft, though that doesn't really affect the 2018 season outside of getting to hear Brady pretend like he doesn't mind again.)

They're going to be getting Julian Edelman back from injury, any Rob Gronkowski trade is off the table and the Patriots very much like Chris Hogan as a weapon in the passing game.

Ultimately those guys might just be a better fit for what the Patriots want to do, and the proposition of getting a first-round pick in return for Cooks just proved to be too much value for Belichick and New England to pass up.