• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots to move on from Tom Brady if they lose to the Steelers

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is not gonna stop playing until his play seriously deteriorates... that's just the type of competitor he is... Once that happens he'll know, and he'll make the decision then... No way in hell would the Pats just turn there backs on him and cut him... NO way..

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing that happened to Manning might happen to Brady, one season he's playing playing like a god and the next he looks washed up. It happens to all players and sometimes it can happen in a span of a year like it did with Peyton. This year Brady is killing it, next year he may not be so lucky.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing that happened to Manning might happen to Brady, one season he's playing playing like a god and the next he looks washed up. It happens to all players and sometimes it can happen in a span of a year like it did with Peyton. This year Brady is killing it, next year he may not be so lucky.
Sure anything is possible. Luckily (knock on wood) Brady isn't scheduled for a neck surgery. That had a lot to do with Peytons' quick demise. But, I don't think you trade Brady based on what happened to Manning.
Assuming everything stays the same between now and the draft. I think the best option for NE is to trade Jimmy G, keep Brissett as the back up and take a flyer in the next couple drafts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you happen to recall a certain something that made the news just prior to his downfall?:thumb:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is going to throw for 400 yards and 4 or 5 touchdowns this week and for the next two weeks all we'll hear is that Brady is going to play until he's 50.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted BB gets rid of players at the right time as we've seen over the years.
But with this possible scenario you have Kraft thinks of TB12 like a son. He may weigh in heavily on any possible trade scearions.
Brady may say "F" it I'm retiring if he doesn't want to go to another organization.
Who brings more of a trade at this point? Trading Jimmy G or Brady? Brissett didn't do bad so it wouldn't be terrible if NE went into next year with TB and Brissett. They would likely take a QB mid to late rounds to see if they can find/groom another diamond.
That is one of a couple things I believe key to the long-term success of a franchise. Cowher was good at it also and when you look at those teams that cant ever seem to stop "rebuilding", its just as important as drafting the right players for your team.

Sorry, I knows its off topic.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof Cowherd is a goof

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of a couple things I believe key to the long-term success of a franchise. Cowher was good at it also and when you look at those teams that cant ever seem to stop "rebuilding", its just as important as drafting the right players for your team.

Sorry, I knows its off topic.
It's not off topic we're discussing movement of players. It's a hard thing to do getting rid of players while they're still productive. Guys like Cower, BB look to tears in the future not the current year or next year. So much is involved with these decisions, cap, replacement players, longevity, restocking, moving down in the draft to take more players that can sit and learn. As fans we sometimes hate these decisions but it's hard to argue the success.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you asleep during those years?

Genuinely wondering what you mean. I have a couple of ideas. There is neck surgery that happened before he did a dominating performance in 2013. Or if you are referring to debunked HGH story, that happened after he took a step back in mid 2014. Which news event do you allude to? Crimea? Ebola? Mid-term elections? What led to news event preceded Manning's downfall?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genuinely wondering what you mean. I have a couple of ideas. There is neck surgery that happened before he did a dominating performance in 2013. Or if you are referring to debunked HGH story, that happened after he took a step back in mid 2014. Which news event do you allude to? Crimea? Ebola? Mid-term elections? What led to news event preceded Manning's downfall?

Surgery and HGH. I find it laughable that the shipments were for his wife, at precisely the time he would have needed them for his injury recovery. (For the record I think they should be allowed to use HGH if it's prescribed by their Dr. for injury recovery.)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's day comes but Brady's day is not here. His team is still winning big and he is still playing at a pretty high level. Two more years at least IMO unless he suffers a serious injury. That would change everything because at his age he may not recover as well.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put this aside and concentrate on the Steelers. Going to be a hell of a game. Just hope no one gets hurt.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are gonna put the Steelers to bed.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted BB gets rid of players at the right time as we've seen over the years.
But with this possible scenario you have Kraft thinks of TB12 like a son. He may weigh in heavily on any possible trade scearions.
Brady may say "F" it I'm retiring if he doesn't want to go to another organization.
Who brings more of a trade at this point? Trading Jimmy G or Brady? Brissett didn't do bad so it wouldn't be terrible if NE went into next year with TB and Brissett. They would likely take a QB mid to late rounds to see if they can find/groom another diamond.

Brady says he wants to play another ten years, so like another poster said he will be playing until teams stop signing him.

Hopefully not Willie Mays bad, 48 year Tom Brady with his third pick of the game. He is barking at his receiver for not getting to the right spot, but honestly Brady doesn't have the arm strength to get it there anymore.