• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Land Cooks

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots acquired wide receiver Brandin Cooks from the New Orleans Saints on Friday for a first- and third-round pick in the upcoming draft, multiple sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini.

The Patriots also will receive the Saints' fourth-round pick (No. 118 overall). New England's draft selections headed to the Saints are 32nd and 103rd overall.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they can extend him. Why did NO want to get rid of him with 2 yrs left?

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they were able to pull this off without moving Butler.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they can extend him. Why did NO want to get rid of him with 2 yrs left?

He wanted out of town. Didn't like his role as thought he needed more passes thrown his way in NO. Not sure NE offers him more passes considering NO is one of the most pass happy teams in the league and doesn't have the weapons that NE has to pick and choose from.

NO also didn't see him as a long-term answer at the WR position where they wanted to pay him top market money like he is wanting. So while he is a good player the Patriots could be running into a situation where they traded a 1st round pick for a 2-year rental.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Patriots loading up for Brady's final years? Or do they plan on replacing their lost 1st rounder with what they can get for garoppolo? The latter seems more likely in my mind. I like the Patriots going after blue chip talent at the WR position as they really havent had much luck drafting a true #1.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO also didn't see him as a long-term answer at the WR position where they wanted to pay him top market money like he is wanting. So while he is a good player the Patriots could be running into a situation where
they traded a 1st round pick for a 2-year rental.

and 2 Superbowls.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and 2 Superbowls.....

What are the chances that the #32 would be anywhere near as good as Cooks this year?? or next?? It's a Broncos fan that's saying he's a 2 year rental, not anyone east of the Mississippi.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that the #32 would be anywhere near as good as Cooks this year?? or next?? It's a Broncos fan that's saying he's a 2 year rental, not anyone east of the Mississippi.
Might want to reread what I wrote. I said he could end up only being a 2-year rental. Those words "could be" are very important to understand what I was saying. Doesn't mean they won't get him locked down long-term and doesn't mean that it won't work out well for the Patriots as he is a big time talent. That is the risk though with Cooks is that he could be gone after just 2-years

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over what you write or how you write it.

You're a Broncos fan and not a Pats fan. You raise doubt into the trade and that's fine. You don't want it to successful and we all understand that. You don't have to defend your posts to me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over what you write or how you write it.

You're a Broncos fan and not a Pats fan. You raise doubt into the trade and that's fine. You don't want it to successful and we all understand that. You don't have to defend your posts to me.

Funny you assume I'm trying to get across that this was a bad trade. I haven't said anything of the sorts. I just said there is some risk in such a trade. Is that really all that earth shattering of a statement? I mean there is risk in any trade that a team makes especially with a 1st round pick being traded.

I do think Cooks is a very good player. I would love to have him on the Broncos right now. So yes I think this trade could work out very well for the Patriots. They do seem to come out on top on these things more times than not.