• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Reed's play off of 18 tee at Doral

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie got in a couple of years ago his first year of eligibility as he should have.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It already is. See Fred Couples. McIlroy already has 11 on the big boy tours including 2 majors. I think he'd have to fall off the world not to make it.

Only about what 50 guys or so have 2 majors? ...He needs to win the British and then he is pretty rare company.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if Els is in, if not I can see him & DL3 going in together. Probably looking at Mark O'Meara...if Furyk gets in (same stats as Couples) then we know the standard is officially 15 wins and 1 major.

They should put Furyk in right now for winning anything with that swing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is precisely why we'll never see anyone approach Jack or Sam again. Money within the sport has gotten so enormous that I think the HOF credentials are going to suffer...DL3 should get in, obviously Phil/Tiger, but who else from this era?

I've been to the World HOF. It's nice, but was pretty barren back then...Pretty soon 15 wins and a major might be the new standard.

Never really understood the standard. How is Fred Couples in and not Mark O'Meara for example. He's got twice as many Majors and a bunch more wins on the regular tour than Freddie does.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Never really understood the standard. How is Fred Couples in and not Mark O'Meara for example. He's got twice as many Majors and a bunch more wins on the regular tour than Freddie does.

It's a penalty for being friends with Tiger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone loves Boom-Boom. I like him too but I thought it was a bit premature. His rep and popularity have always out-shined his accomplishments. His quick start against the old-timers helped. Love is a lock. I'm pretty sure nobody eligible with as many wins including a major isn't already in. Furyk & O'Meara might get in eventually as well.

My brush with a PGAT golfer was with Freddie...really nice guy from our 5 mins with him...as laid back as he appears.

Yea, the back of the line right now is probably Furyk and O'Meara. Hal Sutton needed a good run on the Sr tour and I don't think that will happen...health issues.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

He's been snubbed the RC captain as well...he'll get in.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

This is where the LPGA gets it right. A points system based upon accomplishments. I like Couples a lot. Who doesn't ? But I think he jumped a couple of guys.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be saying if he took driver, hit it into the water and lost by 1?

This is the luxury you get when you have the lead heading into the last hole. You know that you can win if you don't screw up and a par or even a bogie wouldn't hurt you... Why risk it? Sure it looked terrible by his drive not making the fairway but still...Isn't it a players goal to win a tournament? As long as you don't cheat, does it or even should it matter how you win?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be saying if he took driver, hit it into the water and lost by 1?
This is the luxury you get when you have the lead heading into the last hole. You know that you can win if you don't screw up and a par or even a bogie wouldn't hurt you... Why risk it? Sure it looked terrible by his drive not making the fairway but still...Isn't it a players goal to win a tournament? As long as you don't cheat, does it or even should it matter how you win?

Something like "choker" or "idiot".

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby must think that you can get "style points" by winning like a man (or moron in that situation) and it will boost your world rank or something.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby must think that you can get "style points" by winning like a man (or moron in that situation) and it will boost your world rank or something.

It certainly will boost your rep among the players.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think perhaps that he didn't catch it right and it came up a bit short as well. A fault that would have indeed been exacerbated by using a larger club.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why call him out for not using a driver and actually winning?

First of all, I never called him out for not using a driver. There are other clubs in the bag besides the driver. I'd have liked to see him hit a reasonable club like a 5 wood or a 3 wood. At least something that gets him to the fairway and doesn't make him look like a scared amateur.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scared amateur?!

He's in the top five in the world!

Lol!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I never called him out for not using a driver. There are other clubs in the bag besides the driver. I'd have liked to see him hit a reasonable club like a 5 wood or a 3 wood. At least something that gets him to the fairway and doesn't make him look like a scared amateur.

That wasn't directed towards you (though it clearly looks like I was) so I am sorry about that. It was a club he felt the most comfortable with and not messing up I am guessing. Just didn't make it look so great by not getting into the fairway