• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panic About to Set In........Unionize College Athletes???

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely.

I think you guys are nuts.

If you could map DIRECTLY billions of dollars being made off your on field performance.......if YOU are completely the product being sold........YOU WOULD WANT YOUR CUT OF THE PROFITS AS WELL.

If you don't, you're a fool. You're exactly the sucker they want.

Scholarships, benefits don't mean shit. If you are making billions off my effort, I want my piece of the pie.
Except schools aren’t making “billions” of dollars. The large majority of athletic departments are losing money. The players are already making over 10k without taking into account free room and board, books, clothes, education. They are making $50-60k a year already, tax free.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely.

I think you guys are nuts.

If you could map DIRECTLY billions of dollars being made off your on field performance.......if YOU are completely the product being sold........YOU WOULD WANT YOUR CUT OF THE PROFITS AS WELL.

If you don't, you're a fool. You're exactly the sucker they want.

Scholarships, benefits don't mean shit. If you are making billions off my effort, I want my piece of the pie.

Except these kids aren't really worth anything near that. The schools are the reason they generate the money.

If they actually were worth that - the NFL would want them, they don't. Or there would be another league that would take them and make those billions - but they don't exist even though it's been tried.

The idea these kids are being screwed over in anyway is total bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hand if you don't understand the difference between revenue and profit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the average annual tuition amount of $35,000 ($2916/mo) + $437.00 (15% for supplemental costs) a DI college athlete in the major revenue sports (FB & Basketball) would stand to "earn" $3,353/mo.

I would bet over 90% would default on expenses because they would not be capable of managing their personal budget.

Alabama spends $125,000 per player every year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a mess in football.

Basketball could happen, though. Fewer players to pay for sure.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except these kids aren't really worth anything near that. The schools are the reason they generate the money.

If they actually were worth that - the NFL would want them, they don't. Or there would be another league that would take them and make those billions - but they don't exist even though it's been tried.

The idea these kids are being screwed over in anyway is total bullshit.

If all of these one and done guys went straight to the NBA the NCAA tourney isn't hurt in the slightest. People root for the uniform. The only reason football and basketball put rules in place to not allow them to go straight into the pros is to avoid a hockey and baseball situation where you're drafting 18 year olds, and it's a complete crap shoot.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a mess in football.

Basketball could happen, though. Fewer players to pay for sure.
Do you pay all the players or just those on scholarships? Do you pay players who are redshirting, I mean they aren’t playing in the games? Do you pay practice squad players who are taking quite a bit of damage practicing with usually bigger, stronger athletes so they are more likely to be injured?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you pay all the players or just those on scholarships? Do you pay players who are redshirting, I mean they aren’t playing in the games? Do you pay practice squad players who are taking quite a bit of damage practicing with usually bigger, stronger athletes so they are more likely to be injured?
Basketball? They're probably already getting paid in some shady AF way.

Football? Yeah, not going to happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all of these one and done guys went straight to the NBA the NCAA tourney isn't hurt in the slightest. People root for the uniform. The only reason football and basketball put rules in place to not allow them to go straight into the pros is to avoid a hockey and baseball situation where you're drafting 18 year olds, and it's a complete crap shoot.

College has no say in those rules. The NFL straight up doesn't want them. The NBA rule may be going away it seems though.

And less than 1% of college players even make it to the NFL anyway.

They just don't have the market people claim.

And if they did get paid, it would be the worst thing that's ever happened to them.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Say goodbye to college football. Most schools will drop the sport and the bigger ones will become private clubs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball? They're probably already getting paid in some shady AF way.

Football? Yeah, not going to happen.
I agree that it is a slippery slope and there is a lot of issues on who gets paid. How do you pay the non scholarship players in football but not basketball, or you pay football and basketball but not ________ sport. But also remember with Title IX, you are going to have to pay financial albatross female sports so as not to break the law.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it is a slippery slope and there is a lot of issues on who gets paid. How do you pay the non scholarship players in football but not basketball, or you pay football and basketball but not ________ sport. But also remember with Title IX, you are going to have to pay financial albatross female sports so as not to break the law.

What? Are you trying to tell be the ladies field hockey team isn't a profit center?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Say goodbye to college football. Most schools will drop the sport and the bigger ones will become private clubs.

If college football goes down it's going to be because of head injuries.

This shit will go no where.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If college football goes down it's going to be because of head injuries.

This shit will go no where.
Agreed.

Imo, so many people benefit from the way the current system works that no one is going to mess with it.

Head injuries at the very least are going to lower the quality of the athletes going into football. We might be looking at this as the golden era like people generally view MLB in the old days when the top athletes generally played baseball.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hand if you don't understand the difference between revenue and profit.

Well shit...ya mean there is a difference in gross and net?
giphy.gif

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again another reason I say pay them. They will start squabbling over this guy getting paid more than thing guy, ya know because they are ALL SUPERSTARS from their hometowns

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to you to be contrary about facts. Hoping that corncob comes falls out of your ass soon

What the fuck are you even talking about?

I happened to see the number for Alabama like 2 weeks ago and I posted it.

Here's hoping your head falls out of your ass soon.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you even talking about?

I happened to see the number for Alabama like 2 weeks ago and I posted it.

Here's hoping your head falls out of your ass soon.
Who said ANYTHING about fucking Alabama? I know I didn't.

Someone could post a comment about the impending Apocalypse and you would interject something about Alabama. Fuck Alabama and FUCK YOU ya titless bitch