• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers hire new GM

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination of Belichick and a weak AFC. The road to the SB is easier in the AFC than the NFC.

I agree. Specially their division. At least 6 guaranteed wins every f’ing year. Maybe it’s just me but the AFC looks really weak this year. The one team I thought was going to make some noise in the playoffs couldn’t score a point in the second half against the titans at home. I know my wish won’t come true but I really don’t want to see the Pats or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all or he could have resigned his position and walked into Lambo as the new GM.
He was bound to a contract so even if he resigned he couldn't become Packers GM.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and BB's system. As long as those two are on the field, NE will always be in SB talks.

Hall of fame quarterback. Brady has a spot reserved in Canton, Rodgers is 2nd on the waiting list, and RW just called for a reservation. Packers will be fine, Seahawks will be fine. When you hit on the franchise QB you buy yourself a lot of time.

Reactions: GNG

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall of fame quarterback. Brady has a spot reserved in Canton, Rodgers is 2nd on the waiting list, and RW just called for a reservation. Packers will be fine, Seahawks will be fine. When you hit on the franchise QB you buy yourself a lot of time.

Can't argue that

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Schneider worked under Ted Thompson for about five years.

Yes I find that interesting where the Packers will end up doing the same thing because they stayed within the organization but then they are happy with their current front office when it came from the same place.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Maybe the new guy can put together a team that doesnt just consist of Rodgers

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It best not to have your franchise QB the rushing leader for your team though at the end of the season or there is a good chance that he will not be your franchise QB for an extended period of time

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It best not to have your franchise QB the rushing leader for your team though at the end of the season or there is a good chance that he will not be your franchise QB for an extended period of time

That's a product of circumstance in Seattle's case IMO. The attempt has been made to upgrade OL and RB there, Schneider just has to do better.

They do have a franchise quarterback though, and that's the most important thing.

Not sure how I got on the topic of defending the Seahawks fwiw.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I open the sports page of todays paper here is a front page article. There was also a front page article in Saturdays local Paper about Schneider. This sports writer Jason Wilde up in Green Bay wants to give him a blow job I think. I will be looking for Jason Wildes email and correct his thoughts on what he thought was the answer.

It is a good day in Green Bay land

Sundays Paper
Packers: John Schneider's return appears tall order, but sources say Joe Philbin will be back

Saturdays paper

Packers: Could general manager search lead to Seahawks GM and former Green Bay exec John Schneider?
If they bring back Philbin the running game is officially dead to the front office in GB.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do the Pats continue to compete for a championship year in and year out? It doesn’t appear they go thru any type of cycle. They just plug in and play. Belicheck’s system? Weak ass division?
tenor.gif

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Specially their division. At least 6 guaranteed wins every f’ing year. Maybe it’s just me but the AFC looks really weak this year. The one team I thought was going to make some noise in the playoffs couldn’t score a point in the second half against the titans at home. I know my wish won’t come true but I really don’t want to see the Pats or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.
Well since 2001 they are 128-40 in games played outside the division, best record in the NFL. Not that much worse than their winning percentage in the division over that time (81-23).

And their record against the NFC is 54-14.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they bring back Philbin the running game is officially dead to the front office in GB.
The Packers have ignored the running game under McCarthy and the addition of Philbin won't change that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did get the group that won the Superbowl. BUt what has he done since then? Look at the last 4 drafts and tell me which of those drafted in the last 4 years who can step in and take over for the old hurt over paid guys you have playing on defense? Then tell me how it will be fixed after he traded 1st and 2cnd round draft pics for free agents that never panned out. So now you have a situation where you have old defensive players who are injured with no back ups that meet the play that those older players use to have. To get rid of those older players you will have cap hits or dead money on the books with limited draft picks to replace them. Hard to replace older D players and build a quality offensive line when you have limited draft pics and Cap issues

I would not want that on my team good luck with that

I'm wondering how much Pete Carroll affected that though, because Pete has the final decision on roster moves... John has a pretty good mind when it comes to finding talent, he's proven that...