• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers hire new GM

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that cans all the Schneider to Green Bay talk... but I wonder if he'll just be mailing it in this year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that cans all the Schneider to Green Bay talk... but I wonder if he'll just be mailing it in this year.
The Seahawks denied Green Bay permission to interview Schneider despite his desire to return to Green Bay. This might sour relations between him and ownership.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks denied Green Bay permission to interview Schneider despite his desire to return to Green Bay. This might sour relations between him and ownership.

Oh I didn't realize that. Hmmm, I think this will definitely sour the relationship. I feel like Seattle is on the verge of a blowup.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutekunst was to interview with Houston today but changed his mind after Green Bay selected him to succeed Thompson.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not fond of Mr Schneider so am glad he is staying where he is. In my opinion he has not done Seattle any favors in the last 4 years or so

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not fond of Mr Schneider so am glad he is staying where he is. In my opinion he has not done Seattle any favors in the last 4 years or so

He helped assemble a team that won the Super Bowl and was close to winning a second... :scratch:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He helped assemble a team that won the Super Bowl and was close to winning a second... :scratch::scratch:?

Yes he did get the group that won the Superbowl. BUt what has he done since then? Look at the last 4 drafts and tell me which of those drafted in the last 4 years who can step in and take over for the old hurt over paid guys you have playing on defense? Then tell me how it will be fixed after he traded 1st and 2cnd round draft pics for free agents that never panned out. So now you have a situation where you have old defensive players who are injured with no back ups that meet the play that those older players use to have. To get rid of those older players you will have cap hits or dead money on the books with limited draft picks to replace them. Hard to replace older D players and build a quality offensive line when you have limited draft pics and Cap issues

I would not want that on my team good luck with that

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Those grapes are sour” LambeauLegs

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey much of the local radio talk shows were all hyping him without really knowing how things have been going in Seattle since that Super Bowl win. Posts on facebook or other message board were go get Schneider it was driving me crazy as I have studied the situation. When I shared what was actually going on people thought wow I did not know that and they agreed.

It made my day to hear who the new GM is for GB

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big moves in the NFC North this off season as everyone tries catching up to Minnesota.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey much of the local radio talk shows were all hyping him without really knowing how things have been going in Seattle since that Super Bowl win. Posts on facebook or other message board were go get Schneider it was driving me crazy as I have studied the situation. When I shared what was actually going on people thought wow I did not know that and they agreed.

It made my day to hear who the new GM is for GB

A internal promotion so I expect more of the same from the Packers drafting method.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with LL here. A few years ago, I would have loved to see Schneider come to Green Bay. But seriously, what has he done the last three or four years? Is this draft since 2013 really something to brag about? Have they made any significant free agent signings recently? I mean besides Eddie Lacy, obviously.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with LL here. A few years ago, I would have loved to see Schneider come to Green Bay. But seriously, what has he done the last three or four years? Is this draft since 2013 really something to brag about? Have they made any significant free agent signings recently? I mean besides Eddie Lacy, obviously.

Some Seahawks fans may agree with you about JS, but not me. Seahawks have had some bad luck with injuries to players like Rawls, Prosise and Richardson to name a few. I very confident that JS will restock the cupboards in short order.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A internal promotion so I expect more of the same from the Packers drafting method.
Gutekunst is known to favor a more aggressive approach to free agency than Thompson did so there will be some differences.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have learned it is never good to assume anything. As far as the Packer drafting method all I can say is with a healthy QB last year we were in the NFC Championship game and had out #6 defensove back playing the #1 defensive back because of all kinds of injuries similar to the injuries in the Seattle secondary this year. If the Pack can make the NFC Championship game with a good amount of injuries the drafting cant be that bad. To win it all though you need to be pretty healthy and get a little luck along the way and that is what did not go the Packers way last year.

If Rodgers plays all of this year they are in the playoffs and most likely there are no front office changes other than maybe Capers and the defense because they would have been in the playoffs for 9 years in a row and with the way the NFC is this year there is no dominant team. They could have made the NFC championship again and people would not be pissed off and my guess is limited changes would have been made other than possibly the defense.

I am guessing the new GM will see the improvements that need to be made that were shown when Rodgers was out and try to develop a team where if Rodgers misses time the results would be better than they were.

You just better hope Wilson does not miss 7 or 8 games as I think Seattle would be in similar or worse shape than what the Packers went through. You had your QB the whole year and did not qualify because of other deficiencies your team had. Is it possible your team had those deficiencies were there because of this drafting in the last 4 years.

Now Seattle needs to make of for those deficiencies with limited draft pics because of trades for free agents that did not pan out.

Are you hoping Seattle continues in their same drafting technique? All I have seen from you is posts over on your board that it is time to rebuild the team. I wont go and get copies of your posts saying that as you know you have made those statements. If a team needs to rebuild they must have been doing something wrong?

Now I did not rate these previous draft pics as the rating given was done by another Seattle fan.

2013 Draft

Christine Michael BUST
Jordan Hill BUST
Chris Harper BUST
Jesse Williams BUST
Tharold Simon BUST
Luke Willison AVERAGE
Spencer Ware BUST
Ryan Seymour BUST
Ty Powell BUST
Jared Smith BUST
Michael Bowie BUST

2014 Draft

Paul Richardson AVERAGE
Justin Britt AVERAGE
Cassius Marsh BUST
Kevin Norwood BUST
Kevin Peirre louis BUST
Jimmy Staten BUST
Garrett Scott BUST
Eric Pinkins BUST
Keiro Small BUST

2015 draft

Frank Clark GOOD
Tyler Lockett AVERAGE
Terry Pool BUST
Mark Glowinski BUST
Tye Smith BUST
Obum Gwachum BUST
Kritjian Skioli BUST
Ryan Murphy BUST

2016 Draft

Germain Ifedi BUST
Jarran Reed AVERAGE
CJ Prosise BUST
Nick Vannett AVERAGE
Rees Odhiambo BUST
Quintin Jefferson AVERAGE
Alex Collins AVERAGE
Joey Hunt BUST
Ken Lawler BUST
Zac Brooks BUST

I counted 38 draft pics and 29 rated as busts over 4 years with 8 as average and 1 as good. My guess is most teams would like more than 1 good player drafted every 4 years.

You best hope Schneider does not continue whatever his draft strategy is in the future with the rebuild that you say your team needs ahead of you.