• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers @ Falcons 9/17/17

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive game plan was spot on. With both tackles down, the way to neutralize that deficiency is with quick hitting passes early and often. They did that from the opening snap and marched right down the field.

What triggered the offensive tailspin beyond that first series was losing Jordy. Allison and Bennett had to fill in for Jordy's sideline presence and it was a miserable failure. Neither of those guys had the coordinated timing and perception with Rodgers on the back shoulder throws or route option reads. And it certainly didn't help that Bennett dropped every ball thrown to him in the first half.

Defensively, the secondary simply can't hang with the Atlanta receivers; especially in zone. (Credit Atlanta for designing route combos that exploit that advantage.) The adjustment of putting King on Jones was smart. King is a big physical corner and you need a big physical fearless guy to rough Jones up a little. Hopefully King will get a lot of first team reps through the rest of the season so he's ready for a potential playoff rematch. The DBs need to press and jam the receivers at the line to disrupt Atlanta's offensive timing. That's one thing House is pretty good at; if we can King there too, we'll have better success against Atlanta next time.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal loss last night. Let's hope the injuries aren't serious or long lasting. We need to see some of those guys back on the field soon. Especially the tackles.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal loss last night. Let's hope the injuries aren't serious or long lasting. We need to see some of those guys back on the field soon. Especially the tackles.

Thankfully we get the Bungles at home next with Burfict still out and a full week to prepare, then follow that up with the Bears at home on a short week. Playing those two at home could help mask some of the injury woes. Hopefully we have both tackles and Jordy back by the Dallas game.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's the difference between us...I will never tire of making the playoffs, most of the time by winning the division, and having a shot at a title.

Let me clarify. Im tired of seeing this defense lose it for GB on a yearly basis. Cant they see that Randle doesn't belong in the NFL? How many more times does he have to get burned for Capers and company to realize this? Also, there is something seriously wrong with a defense that loses one player and cant do its job.

As Packer fans we are spoiled. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact GB is competitive year in and year out but lets be honest, its not because of the defense. I read articles all the time about how the defense is under performing. I put that blame on Capers.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers lost by 11 points despite the refs taking away potentially 14 points for the Pack and the Pack giving 14 points to the Falcons off turnovers and having 5 of our top ten players out for the game after the first Q. DAMN

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers lost by 11 points despite the refs taking away potentially 14 points for the Pack and the Pack giving 14 points to the Falcons off turnovers and having 5 of our top ten players out for the game after the first Q. DAMN

That's the way the game goes sometimes. Packers were down 34-10 going into the 4th qtr. Garbage time points came into play.

I just don't see this team holding up another Lombardi trophy until they can run the ball some what effectively and the defense can slow down a high powered offense. Yesterday did not give me any hope. its early so they can turn it around. I have to believe that but the pessimist in me thinks nothing has changed from last year so why should the outcome at the end of the season.

I will say GB has been consistent though. They still cant defend the pass, run the ball and injuries plague this team year in and year out.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a healthy OL would allow for much more running room. ATL has a good young defense but doesnt have the run defense Seattle has IMO. I didnt get too high after beating Seattle and I wont get too low after losing to ATL. We are 1-1 which is exactly where I expected us to be after two games.

We have two very winnable games coming up. If we are 3-1 in two weeks then we have some issues.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see this team holding up another Lombardi trophy until they can run the ball some what effectively and the defense can slow down a high powered offense.

The only time the Packers really need to run the ball effectively is with a 4th quarter lead. Outside of that, the offense is always at its best with the ball in Aaron's hands.

The way the Packers D can go toe-to-toe with a team like Atlanta is to play smash-mouth press coverage. Knock them off their routes hard at the line and disrupt their offensive timing. Ryan is good enough to pick zones apart and their receiver corps is savvy enough to find the holes in the zone - as they have shown twice in the past three games. And not one CB on the Packers roster is particularly adept at zone coverages anyway.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a healthy OL would allow for much more running room. ATL has a good young defense but doesnt have the run defense Seattle has IMO. I didnt get too high after beating Seattle and I wont get too low after losing to ATL. We are 1-1 which is exactly where I expected us to be after two games.

We have two very winnable games coming up. If we are 3-1 in two weeks then we have some issues.

I agree. I didn't think GB would win in Atlanta either. Its the way they lost that has me concerned. Daniels going out didn't help but it looked like just a repeat of last year. To me, that falls on Capers.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time the Packers really need to run the ball effectively is with a 4th quarter lead. Outside of that, the offense is always at its best with the ball in Aaron's hands.

The way the Packers D can go toe-to-toe with a team like Atlanta is to play smash-mouth press coverage. Knock them off their routes hard at the line and disrupt their offensive timing. Ryan is good enough to pick zones apart and their receiver corps is savvy enough to find the holes in the zone - as they have shown twice in the past three games. And not one CB on the Packers roster is particularly adept at zone coverages anyway.

I differ on running the ball. Yes, AR is dangerous with the ball in his hands but having a running game keeps defenses honest.

I agree on the Packers D. If we can see that why cant the coaches? You would think that they would have learned their lesson but? GB has been defense draft heavy for the past couple of years but we continue to see the same problems. At what point do they consider making changes in the coaching staff?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I differ on running the ball. Yes, AR is dangerous with the ball in his hands but having a running game keeps defenses honest.

I agree on the Packers D. If we can see that why cant the coaches? You would think that they would have learned their lesson but? GB has been defense draft heavy for the past couple of years but we continue to see the same problems. At what point do they consider making changes in the coaching staff?

McCarthy has "committed to running the football" several times during his tenure and every time he does the offense goes stale. The Packers offensive identity is "pass to set up the run" and it works. Quick screens and slants keep defenses honest just as well as hand-offs do. Like I said before, when they truly need to run is in the 4th when they need to control the clock.

I'm with you that we need a fresh face running our defense. 3-4 defenses work when you have a strong linebacker corps. The Packers didn't have a good LB group when we originally switched to a 3-4 under Capers or any year since. We simply do not have the personnel to match the scheme. This was also a shortcoming by Ted to import the right guys to fit the scheme. My preference would be to move on from Capers to a fresh and hungry young defensive mind who employs a 4-3 base defense.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy has "committed to running the football" several times during his tenure and every time he does the offense goes stale. The Packers offensive identity is "pass to set up the run" and it works. Quick screens and slants keep defenses honest just as well as hand-offs do. Like I said before, when they truly need to run is in the 4th when they need to control the clock.

I'm with you that we need a fresh face running our defense. 3-4 defenses work when you have a strong linebacker corps. The Packers didn't have a good LB group when we originally switched to a 3-4 under Capers or any year since. We simply do not have the personnel to match the scheme. This was also a shortcoming by Ted to import the right guys to fit the scheme. My preference would be to move on from Capers to a fresh and hungry young defensive mind who employs a 4-3 base defense.

MM has said he prefers to run the 3-4. I can't see them changing that, especially since it would take a couple of drafts to get the right personnel to make the change.

And I don't think Capers is the problem with the D. Drafting late in the first round year after year makes it harder to find the playmakers. And too many draft picks flamed out and/or didn't develop. And it's really a shame that Shields had the concussions. It would have been a way different defense had he not got hurt last year.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM has said he prefers to run the 3-4. I can't see them changing that, especially since it would take a couple of drafts to get the right personnel to make the change.

What personnel changes do you think would be needed? Personally, I think the current roster fits a 4-3 better than a 3-4.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What personnel changes do you think would be needed? Personally, I think the current roster fits a 4-3 better than a 3-4.

More DL and fewer LBs. And the DLs would have to be more mobile.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the OL was last week here is a bright spot...

upload_2017-9-22_16-21-40.png

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Friday injury report is out.....and it looks grim.

59e47b16-5891-4fe4-961a-5c4a8d64c610.png