• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers claim Vikings RB Jhurell Pressley

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy if the Pack are now picking up former Vikes it's all down hill from here.:D

After looking this guy up and comparing him to our current 3rd string RB I'd say he's an improvement. It was expected that he was going to make the Vikes team. I believe the Pack will use him in SPT's as a gunner PR/KR/PC/KC and test him and his 4.3 40 speed there. They'll also give him an opportunity on third downs to see if he can do what's expected of the third down back. Right now Burks just doesn't appear to be stating quality especially with the ball security issues. Pack haven't had this kind of speed at RB since Ahman Green. Since then it's been slow motion RB's of Ryan Grant, Starks and now Lacy.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 106 yd kick return. If anything he can be a great SPT's player.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy if the Pack are now picking up former Vikes it's all down hill from here.:D

After looking this guy up and comparing him to our current 3rd string RB I'd say he's an improvement. It was expected that he was going to make the Vikes team. I believe the Pack will use him in SPT's as a gunner PR/KR/PC/KC and test him and his 4.3 40 speed there. They'll also give him an opportunity on third downs to see if he can do what's expected of the third down back. Right now Burks just doesn't appear to be stating quality especially with the ball security issues. Pack haven't had this kind of speed at RB since Ahman Green. Since then it's been slow motion RB's of Ryan Grant, Starks and now Lacy.

Only comparing him to Packers starters, I see. So I take you have loftier expectations for him than say, DuJuan Harris or Brandon Saine or DeShawn Wynn? My guess is they brought him in just to get some information on the Vikings offense. If he does make the roster, I bet he gets cut once Jeff Janis gets his cast off.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever a thread that needed to be in the team forum, this was it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only comparing him to Packers starters, I see. So I take you have loftier expectations for him than say, DuJuan Harris or Brandon Saine or DeShawn Wynn? My guess is they brought him in just to get some information on the Vikings offense. If he does make the roster, I bet he gets cut once Jeff Janis gets his cast off.

The difference between this RB and the others you listed is this guy can be a playmaker on special teams and has elite speed.

The Vikes offense with over the Hill as QB?? Meh, run left AD run right AD pass incomplete punt. That's the Vikes new offense.

I think Janis' health is irrelevant if this guy is a better RB than Burks our current #3 RB. I don't think Janis is even on IR right now.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between this RB and the others you listed is this guy can be a playmaker on special teams and has elite speed.

The Vikes offense with over the Hill as QB?? Meh, run left AD run right AD pass incomplete punt. That's the Vikes new offense.

I think Janis' health is irrelevant if this guy is a better RB than Burks our current #3 RB. I don't think Janis is even on IR right now.

I picked those three players because they all have speed similar to Pressley. Saine was even unofficially timed at 4.25 once. Pressley made that kick return late in the 3rd Qtr. Against the Rams. No offense to Rams fans, but Pressley doing what he did against a lot of players that couldn't make the Rams final 53 doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

If he's better than Burks, certainly they'll keep him, but Burks had a pretty good preseason and already knows the playbook. I can't see Pressley overtaking him.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked those three players because they all have speed similar to Pressley. Saine was even unofficially timed at 4.25 once. Pressley made that kick return late in the 3rd Qtr. Against the Rams. No offense to Rams fans, but Pressley doing what he did against a lot of players that couldn't make the Rams final 53 doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

If he's better than Burks, certainly they'll keep him, but Burks had a pretty good preseason and already knows the playbook. I can't see Pressley overtaking him.

I honestly don't even remember Saine playing a regular season game.

That was Pressley's first return attempt since high school and he scored a TD when 9 Rams ha da chance to tackle him. Four of the Ram players that missed him made the Rams team.

Burks was already released and wasn't even put on our practice squad.

The main reason the Vikes let him go wasn't because he wasn't good enough, he was told he was too small.

Also, Jeff and Davis are hurt and we might want to save Jarred since he's our third best WR and not risk injury on returns.

Jhurell Pressley: 'I'm not just a running back'

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever a thread that needed to be in the team forum, this was it.
yoda-haters-meme.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just want some notes on the Vikes offense.