• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacific Pro League

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it. This is not the first time this has come up, and I have yet to see it actually work out.

What they are going to find IMO is that it's not the players that are generating all that revenue, it's the schools themselves who have invested 100+ years of tradition and so on that draws the fans in, and the players are just that - the players.

Not to say the players have no value. They do, especially when it comes to drawing in the best. But many fans are just going to be fans of whoever goes to these schools.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viability of the league will be dependent on the quality of the players and product on the field. Are there actually 200+ kids that can't make it to college at a full university that also are good enough to be potential pros to fill these rosters? I mean don't they already find places for dipshits that are good at football to 'study' 'art' or some shit?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viability of the league will be dependent on the quality of the players and product on the field. Are there actually 200+ kids that can't make it to college at a full university that also are good enough to be potential pros to fill these rosters? I mean don't they already find places for dipshits that are good at football to 'study' 'art' or some shit?

All those JuCo kids for sure.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a risky move for those playing in the league. What happens if you get hurt? What if you wind up not being an NFL prospect? Your NCAA eligibility no longer exists as soon as you take payment for playing football, so there is no changing your mind.

And are these teams going to have coaches of the same caliber as the coaches in college? If you don't have a coaching staff that will allow you to develop, you're doing yourself more harm than good.