• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers through 57 games this season and last

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season: 32-25

Last season: 29-28

...As well as a cream puff schedule between now and March 10th. You know as they say - Why search for a solution when you could just give away the problem???

And what particular individual might have been the "problem" is this instance? :scratch:
That's right, the same guy the Lakers and their fans want to pay $35 million annually starting this summer.:lol:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Home Depot's career year has been worth 3 games.

Shame Rodney Stuckey isn't around to enjoy it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...As well as a cream puff schedule between now and March 10th. You know as they say - Why search for a solution when you could just give away the problem???

And what particular individual might have been the "problem" is this instance? :scratch:
That's right, the same guy the Lakers and their fans want to pay $35 million annually starting this summer.:lol:
giphy.gif

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knew the Lakers were hot for Teague?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Home Depot's career year has been worth 3 games.

Shame Rodney Stuckey isn't around to enjoy it.

We would have thought the Pacers were first in the East with this thread. Well I guess from recent history it doesn’t matter what seed they get, they aren’t winning shit lol

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And their woes will continue. They will make the playoffs and get beat in the first or second round thus getting a pick around 20-25. Small market teams cannot win this way. They cannot get top free agents to sign. And they draft too far back to have a good chance at getting a top player in the league.

Have to give them credit though. They put a pretty good team on the floor pretty consistently for a small market team without high draft picks. The past 2 times they have had a top 10 pick was:
2010 - 10th pick - Paul George
1996 - 10th pick - Erik Dampier

The last time they had a top 5 pick:
1988 - 2nd pick - Rik Smits (30 years ago) Is there another team that hasn't had a top 5 pick in 30 years?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at hurricane making a fool of himself with yet another:

giphy.gif

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at hurricane making a fool of himself with yet another:

giphy.gif

Current standings:
  • Indiana: 33-25
  • Miami: 30-28 (3 GB)
  • L.A. Lakers 23-34 (9.5 GB)
You better hope that Golden State doesn't rest their stars in our two April meetings with them because that's probably your last remaining hope of winning this bet at this point...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their woes will continue. They will make the playoffs and get beat in the first or second round thus getting a pick around 20-25. Small market teams cannot win this way. They cannot get top free agents to sign. And they draft too far back to have a good chance at getting a top player in the league.

Have to give them credit though. They put a pretty good team on the floor pretty consistently for a small market team without high draft picks. The past 2 times they have had a top 10 pick was:
2010 - 10th pick - Paul George
1996 - 10th pick - Erik Dampier

The last time they had a top 5 pick:
1988 - 2nd pick - Rik Smits (30 years ago) Is there another team that hasn't had a top 5 pick in 30 years?

Well we did just have a former #2 overall pick represent us in this year's all-star game, just not our #2 pick. For us, that's close enough.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did just have a former #2 overall pick represent us in this year's all-star game, just not our #2 pick. For us, that's close enough.
Close enough for what? It's not close enough to make us title contenders. It is enough so that we will have a 20+ pick in the draft.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close enough for what? It's not close enough to make us title contenders. It is enough so that we will have a 20+ pick in the draft.

Close enough that as a team with a bottom third payroll in the NBA, that we still have a record of eight games above .500 in spite of it and still have the flexibility to build something around him going forward.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Myles Before you use the "superstars only play in big markets" excuse, let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) Did LeBron sign in Miami because they were the largest available market to him? Or was it because they were only team that was able to sign both he and his friends by depleting their entire payroll?

2) Did Kevin Durant sign with Golden State because they were the largest available market? Or did he simply take advantage of the unprecedented cap spike of that particular summer (a summer of which just about every team had cap space) and sign with the absolute best team?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close enough that as a team with a bottom third payroll in the NBA, that we still have a record of eight games above .500 in spite of it and still have the flexibility to build something around him going forward.
Cap space means nothing if the top guys aren't willing to take it.

What free agent do you see signing there when the 76ers , Lakers , who have better young talent, will have cap space too?

Welcome to purgatory.

Don't pack light because both you and I will be here for awhile.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Myles Before you use the "superstars only play in big markets" excuse, let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) Did LeBron sign in Miami because they were the largest available market to him? Or was it because they were only team that was able to sign both he and his friends by depleting their entire payroll?

2) Did Kevin Durant sign with Golden State because they were the largest available market? Or did he simply take advantage of the unprecedented cap spike of that particular summer (a summer of which just about every team had cap space) and sign with the absolute best team?
Are you comparing Miami and Indy? That's not a good comparison.
Durant went to the NBA champions. I think that if the Pacers win a title, they will have an easier time bringing in talent. It is getting to that point that will elude them.

Like I said in an earlier post, they do a great job with what they have.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you comparing Miami and Indy? That's not a good comparison.
Durant went to the NBA champions. I think that if the Pacers win a title, they will have an easier time bringing in talent. It is getting to that point that will elude them.

Like I said in an earlier post, they do a great job with what they have.
Yep.

It's the buddy system.

If Indy develops/trades for a Superstar, other guys will consider coming to Indy to play with him.

But, if it's a choice between floundering or young rosters, lifestyle/Market will be a factor.

Anyone who believes market plays no role anymore simply has to look at Allstar voting.

If Lillard played for the Lakers, he would be on TV once a week and his popularity would be thru the roof.

Instead he plays in Oregon and Lonzo whored Dame in voting.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's the buddy system.

If Indy develops/trades for a Superstar, other guys will consider coming to Indy to play with him.

But, if it's a choice between floundering or young rosters, lifestyle/Market will be a factor.

Anyone who believes market plays no role anymore simply has to look at Allstar voting.

If Lillard played for the Lakers, he would be on TV once a week and his popularity would be thru the roof.

Instead he plays in Oregon and Lonzo whored Dame in voting.

I have heard that Lebron could end up in Golden State, with the Lakers, but no talk of coming to Indy. I think he'll stay in Cleveland.

Heck even with him having ties in Indy, we couldn't get Gordon Hayward to come here. I know Stevens was a big reason why.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that Lebron could end up in Golden State, with the Lakers, but no talk of coming to Indy. I think he'll stay in Cleveland.

Heck even with him having ties in Indy, we couldn't get Gordon Hayward to come here. I know Stevens was a big reason why.
Yeah, you guys are going to have to overpay a marginal, fringe Allstar caliberish guy to get the ball rolling.

* See Harrison Barnes in Dallas, Chandler Parsons in Dallas and Memphis.

Maybe Olidipo can be your Jimmy Butler and bring some good role players to Indy.

Taj and Jamal Crawford aren't stars.

But, they wouldn't have looked Minny's way without Butler, even when they had Lavine, Wiggins, KAT on the roster.

Baby steps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current standings:
  • Indiana: 33-25
  • Miami: 30-28 (3 GB)
  • L.A. Lakers 23-34 (9.5 GB)
You better hope that Golden State doesn't rest their stars in our two April meetings with them because that's probably your last remaining hope of winning this bet at this point...

And what does that have to do with you making a fool of yourself with yet another:

giphy.gif

Try to stay on topic please.