• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers offered to send George to GS for Klay

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that had happened, id have been done with the nba.

Sources: Pacers offered George to GSW for Klay

The Warriors would have never said yes to the deal, for a few reasons:

1) Klay is an overall much better fit to the style of play the Warriors have.

2) Chemistry is important and Klay is a part of that. Having to re-adjust with another star, who has shown he needs the ball in his hands or at the very least likes to have it a lot, takes away from the dynamic of the system.

3) Probably most important key of this, Klay is locked up for another 2 years at a very reasonable figure. PG is a free agent and will want a max salary. KD just took a paycut because he's also looking for a super max next year. The Warriors don't have enough cap space to retain PG after the following year.

4) Paul George didn't make the Warriors immediately better and probably worse. Crazy to say that about a top 15 player in the NBA, but in this case it would be true due to the system in place. If it were literally any of the other 28 teams he would be traded to, he would have been an undoubted upgrade.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Absolutely no upside to this deal for the Warriors. Paul George is only marginally better than Klay anyway. When considering fit and contract, it is a no brainer decision for GS.
george gets 2 times the rebounds.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your rebuttal? He gets more rebounds?

Jesus Christ.....
"hes the same player"

he gets twice as many rebounds, even moreso defensively.

they arent the same player.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one guys taller, can play at least 2 spots, and averages twice as many rebounds as the other

"same player"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hes the same player"

he gets twice as many rebounds, even moreso defensively.

they arent the same player.

And you conveniently ignored all of the bullet points provided by @CitySushi which proves otherwise. Klay's the better defender and better shooter who doesn't constantly need the ball in his hand. I'll go with Klay when starting up my team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you conveniently ignored all of the bullet points provided by @CitySushi which proves otherwise. Klay's the better defender and better shooter who doesn't constantly need the ball in his hand. I'll go with Klay when starting up my team.
his bullets proved that george doesnt get more defensive rebounds?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are cherry picking one aspect of George's game where he is better.

If I were running a bad team and needed to take either Klay or George to be my franchise player, I would take George. If I were running a good team looking for a second option, I will take Klay every time.

Klay is the better shooter and he plays extremely well off the ball. He is the ideal complementary player. The Warriors obviously have a pretty good team. They need Klay to do exactly what he already does. They do not need another scorer that can break the defense down.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are cherry picking one aspect of George's game where he is better.

If I were running a bad team and needed to take either Klay or George to be my franchise player, I would take George. If I were running a good team looking for a second option, I will take Klay every time.

Klay is the better shooter and he plays extremely well off the ball. He is the ideal complementary player. The Warriors obviously have a pretty good team. They need Klay to do exactly what he already does. They do not need another scorer that can break the defense down.

i was just told klays better.

id take george 10 times over klay to start a team

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just told klays better.

id take george 10 times over klay to start a team

No one said Klay is better. They (and me included) say Klay is better for the Warriors. There's a huge difference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we'll ignore efficiency with an offense, better shooting percentage, defense and passing over rebounding. Got it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Like the pacers had ANY say in who they get in the trade.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said Klay is better. They (and me included) say Klay is better for the Warriors. There's a huge difference.

He's probably referencing my post. I should adjust to adding Klay to the Dubs' core before George; given that George requires the ball in his hand and would affect the Dubs chemistry. George is the better player. But for the Warriors offense, Klay's the far better fit.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably referencing my post. I should adjust to adding Klay to the Dubs' core before George; given that George requires the ball in his hand and would affect the Dubs chemistry. George is the better player. But for the Warriors offense, Klay's the far better fit.

Also conveniently ignoring the Free Agency and cap situation factors is a big deal here.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have made the warriors worse IMO
Yea, you have a known product in Thompson and a wild card in George. No one knows if he would fit in with the current structure or continue insist on hero ball like he does with Indiana.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also conveniently ignoring the Free Agency and cap situation factors is a big deal here.

The Dubs could hold onto Klay while still being way over the cap. And lets say they hold onto him for another 5-6 years. Whereas with George you're only going to get him for 1 season. Because he's not coming back for the MLE or minimum. Having Klay for that duration could net you 3-4 titles at least. With George you're already taking a gamble and you only get 1 chance with him until he goes somewhere else. Then you're left without an all star 2-guard.