• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac Play

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think both Zeus and Ashley leave after this season. They've both been really patient and have stayed 1-2 years longer than anyone thought they would, but I think now is when the whole NBA desperation kicks in.

Ashley is a lock for the early to mid 2nd round, while Zeus is more of a question mark. I'm sure he'd get drafted, but it might be in the 50-60 range for a team looking to add a project player with NBA size. All it really takes though is for them to play well in the tourney. That's where your stock either rises or plummets for boarder-line guys like them.

Anderson, Ristic & Comanche is likely our trio down low next year with POSSIBLY Rabb. I really hope Rabb picks us over Cal though.

I have to believe that losing these last two games at home by almost 60 points combined doesn't help; especially when they have this losing streak going. And, they are losing with some pretty good players.

Hey, speaking of Cal, anyone hear the Cal student section with like 2 minutes left in the game chant "No-bel Pri-zes"? Hahahahaha fucking hilarious. I couldn't believe I heard it. :pound::L

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Zeus and Ashley, man, I'm not surprised by anything anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if both left, both stayed, or either combo of one staying and one going. Honestly, that's why it's so difficult for me to really get hopped up on recruiting. So much shit is still left to happen between now and April, I can't even try to speculate. I just check it out when the dust settles.

Overall, I think we are in great shape next year, and always with the potential to be historic if some fucking players just choose to stay. Same as it ever was though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely man. Rabb is probably waiting it out to see who stays and who goes. If they both go I think he comes, but if just 1 of the 2 stay then he probably picks Cal. That's how I see it playing out. Though, I could be totally wrong.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta protect our home court in conference, that is a must. Keep the streak alive! Here's to a good weekend in McKale!:suds:

BTFD

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I certainly hope coach Miller has the team focused on the game tonight. I must admit as a fan, I keep finding myself looking forward to Saturday. Thinking of pay back can wait. Beat the Ducks.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walton: the Benjamin player for Oregon looks like Snoop Dogg.
Other announcer: but can he shoot like Snoop Dogg?
Walton: depends on what he's shooting.

Best Waltonism I've heard this year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this guys, I'm trying to be obsessed with RHJ's defense. Between being big and lanky enough to cover all the way to small PFs if need be, all the way down to keeping up with guards, I think RHJ might be a better defender than NJ or AG. It's like the has the size of AG with the lock down defense of NJ. Anyone who is starting to get hot, we just throw Rondae on him, and shit gets extinguished, QUICK! We've put him on Wooden Award candidates, Pac POY candidates, and other top scorrers, and they just come up with nothing against Rondae. Take nothing away from AG and NJ, but whereas they both had each other last year, as well as Rondae, it seems like Rondae is putting the defense on his shoulders this year.

I don't think he is far and away better than NJ or AG, but he is certainly knee deep in that top tier.

Oh yeah, and our FT shooting has dramatically improved in Pac play. As of a couple games ago we were 2nd in the conference in FT%, and it's only gotten better. We have 3 games at like 67%, 2 at 80% and then 3 games at 85-88%. Such a blessing that we look so much more comfortable at the charity stripe.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Miller has them playing their best ball of the season right now.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Miller has them playing their best ball of the season right now.

Agreed. If I was going to break it down by player, I would say Stanley needs to limit turnovers, TJ's scoring could use some better consistency, even if it was only 10ppg. BrAsh's defense is seriously slipping. Zeus needs more consistency on scoring and boards. Those are most of the major problems. Overall maybe the offensive possessions could be smoother. We are top 10 in FG%, so I don't want to go too far, but our offense still looks a bit stagnant from time to time.

But our defense is a monster right now. Our offense looks like it's gelling more, too; more cohesion. I still don't think we are capable of winning @ Utah, but we are much closer than we were. We have some time to get there.

Man, I hope we just punish ASU. I want to beat them by like 30+.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Arizona to break national scoring records against asu, but Miller is a nice guy, so i'll say by 35.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Kevin Oniell just threw OSU under the bus big time during the halftime report.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw Cindy Brunson, the wife of Steve Berthume, works for P12 networks?!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. If I was an OSU fan and had to watch their style of basketball every game I would shoot myself.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, beating our last 5 teams by an average of 20 points per game, since losing to OSU has really made a statement that we have turned a corner.

Still have stretches of stagnant offense, as well as turnovers. But damn, our defense is absolutely incredible. I can't wait to play the scummies. I agree, let's just destroy them in McKale North; take a year's worth of aggression out on them.

Good first half, gents. Let's turn the corner with poise and momentum. I'm really liking the strides these guys are taking each week. It's been a joy to watch.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything less than a 15-point win today is a disappointment to me. We need to curb-stomp these guys today. BTFD!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't know what else AZ is expecting to happen when they don't show up. After so many weeks in the top 10, it's difficult to see how we still fail to recognize the target on our backs, especially against ASU. After the first minute, it was clear to see we just didn't want it. A few key take-aways in my opinion:

1) We're have effectively played ourselves out of a #1 seed. It's not a big deal, but now our goal is a #2 seed in the west.

2) I think at this point in his career, this is Zeus. I was hoping he could get to like 11 and 8 this year for an average, maybe even 10 and 7, but 8 and 5 as a junior and 3 year starter? I don't know how much more he is going to develop. He is 7'00" 250, and everything else about him is questionable. We lost as a team, but our starting big guy getting 7 points or fewer in half our games this season hurts. Bottom line. Especially when he is a junior, 3 year starter.

3) Our defense was uncharacteristically horrible. I'm not too concerned, because I think it falls under the larger issue of us just not showing up. It sucks that we had seemingly turned a corner, but then we go and lay this egg. I wonder how many more games like this we still have in us. If we have this game in March, we won't make it out of the first weekend. Again, how can these guys still not understand that they will lose every game they play like this? If you don't show up, you lose. Every game remaining in the season is going to be a battle. There are no push-over games in the Pac, especially on the road, and especially when you don't respect your opponent. We lost this game before tip off.

4) For everything that TJ did putting the ball in the hoop, he hurt us on turnovers and defense. He did a horrible job of containing the ball, and was all over the place passing.

5) What does this game look like if 7 players total from both teams don't have 4 or 5 fouls? We'll never know. Again, we lost as a team, but this was another classic disgrace from P12 refs. They completely dominated the game. It was make up call after horse shit call on both sides all game. Such a completely different dynamic when the players get called for light touches and the refs swallow their whistle at other times; toward both teams.

6) Miller needs to tell Stanley to shut the fuck up about fouls. He's not Kobe. He is a freshman, and he has worn out his ability to play the victim. Shit the fuck up, get back on defense, and pick your battles. Start by shutting the fuck up.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played, and we need to get back to playing AZ basketball. I look for us to respond well against the Washington Schools, but it's all a matter of desire and effort at this point.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really know what to think of Zeus either... Maybe he was rated to high out of HS but he sure isn't developing like he should be. I really want Rabb next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeus is clumsy. I like the guy but he has no coordination and has stone hands. He should be an imposing figure by now but he isn't. He has a lot of work ahead of him.

It's weird but this is the least interested I've been in a wildcat team in some time. I can't quite put my finger on why this team hasn't peeked my interest. Just weird...