• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac Play

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we aren't on here like we used to. I thought I'd lump the Pac schedule into one thread. We can make a P12 tourney thread and NCAA threads, thereafter.

BTFD

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, should be crazy. So impressed with Utah, hope we can absolutely bring it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, should be crazy. So impressed with Utah, hope we can absolutely bring it.

Yea I'm pretty nervous for this one. We can't play the way we did vs Colorado and expect to win.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope playing in McKale will enable the crowd to put them on their heels a bit. Maybe we can use the environment to put some pressure on them. We are going to need all the help we can get.

We need a lot of unselfish, high percentage shots and stingy defense. Gotta hit our FTs, and limit our turnovers.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was afraid for the first five minutes.

Me too. It looked like no one wanted the ball, and no one wanted to take a shot. The air was quickly exiting McKale.

Then, TJ put everything on his back. SJ may have had an absolutely monstrous 2nd half, but we were still in the game because of TJ. He actually would have had a double-double, but at least 4 of his dimes didn't count because the bigs were fouled at the basket and didn't finish.

I'm just so happy that we played a game that we can draw on as an example of what Final Four basketball feels like to play. Up until yesterday, we had played nothing close to that. I think the closest we had was a couple Sweet 16-like games against Michigan, GU, and maybe SDSU.

Also, bottom line is that TJ is our leader. Aside from being the PG (and court leader by position), he is going to have to be that guy for us. I'm not necessarily saying that he needs to take the last shot or be money from the FT, but he needs to be the guy that can take the last shot, or better yet, put the ball in the guy's hand who will, with a very open look. The good news about his scoring is that it opens up a threat that the defense needs to account for. Having games with < two FGs in 30 minutes does not present any scoring threat. But drawing defenses in on drives and kicking it out (or taking the shot if its there) is exactly how we need to operate. It seems that we don't have too many plays other than screens, isolations/mismatches, transition, putbacks, and pure athleticism. Its a scary way to live, but we showed yesterday that we can play top quality basketball like that, but it hitches on TJ doing more than passing.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norcal this week. Stanford crept into the top 25 in the coach's poll. Overall, the Norcal trip is never easy. I'm really hoping we can prep well for Stanford, and then take out some serious aggression on Cal for beating us last year, and for being where we lost Bash.

Hope you guys are all doing well! BTFD

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every year there is a game against Cal that is insane (last second shots, 5 OTs, etc.).

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trees are quietly putting together a decent season. Can't look past them in their house. National TV on espn2

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or does anyone else think we need to score in the mid to high seventies to win tonight?

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or does anyone else think we need to score in the mid to high seventies to win tonight?

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The seventies are really not a problem for us. We can score that every game. We just need to play Arizona ball and we will be fine.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. My reason for asking though is Stanford has only scored less than 70 once out of four in their losses. I know the UCLA game was double OT, but still. After double checking it looks like they have only scored less than 70 in their wins three times, and their Cal game they did get to 69.