• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
odds on A&M canceling?
tenor.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
odds on A&M canceling?

Any minute now we'll hear that they cave cancelled because of some SEC scheduling change/glitch and had to replace them with The Citadel and Coastal Carolina because "it was too late to schedule anyone else".

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure that the Pac-12 is Westeros : CFB

Posted by
Oregon Ducks / Team Meteor
I've been thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure that the Pac-12 is Westeros

To start with, we already call the winner of the Pac-12 North "DA KING IN DA NORF." Right now, that King is (unfortunately) Washington who I view to be as House Stark because Direwolves and Huskies are basically the same thing. That makes WSU the wildlings because wildlings hate Starks. Also WSU fans can get pretty wild.

Oregon is house Tully because rivers. Their sigil is a fish and there's some good fishing around Eugene. If Oregon is Tully then that makes Oregon State the Freys (the slightly backwards vassals to the Tullys). It makes sense after all since OSU is known sometimes as the Giant Killers. Like the Freys, the Beavers sometimes slaughter someone they shouldn't when they come to the Beavs house.

Rounding out the rest of the Pac-12 North, I think you could put Stanford as the Boltons because, let's face it, they have a good medical school. Cal might be House Reed? The Reeds always gave a bit of a hippie vibe to me after all but I'm open to suggestions. Cal is House mother-fucking Mormont because BEARS mother fucker.

USC is obviously the Lannisters. They're both rich, they both like red, they both like to put people to the sword, and everybody hates them. UCLA would be the House Tyrell. They keep a rose as their sigil, and UCLA has the Rose Bowl. Colorado could maybe be House Arryn, because their seat of power is up in the mountains. Arizona and Arizona State can fight over who gets to be Martell since they’re the only desert-based House worth talking about. Lastly there's Utah who I could argue should be House Greyjoy. There's lots of Mormons in Utah, and house Greyjoy gets pretty religious what with that Drowned God and all.

I'm pretty high right now and I'm not sure why I wrote this out. Mainly I just need the fucking season to start please I'm desperate.

Edit: I just realized I fucked up. Stanford was co-KINGS IN DA NORF last year with Washington.

Edit 2: Just to solidify Oregon's Tully claim, here's our QB in high school.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure that the Pac-12 is Westeros : CFB

Posted by

To start with, we already call the winner of the Pac-12 North "DA KING IN DA NORF." Right now, that King is (unfortunately) Washington who I view to be as House Stark because Direwolves and Huskies are basically the same thing. That makes WSU the wildlings because wildlings hate Starks. Also WSU fans can get pretty wild.

Oregon is house Tully because rivers. Their sigil is a fish and there's some good fishing around Eugene. If Oregon is Tully then that makes Oregon State the Freys (the slightly backwards vassals to the Tullys). It makes sense after all since OSU is known sometimes as the Giant Killers. Like the Freys, the Beavers sometimes slaughter someone they shouldn't when they come to the Beavs house.

Rounding out the rest of the Pac-12 North, I think you could put Stanford as the Boltons because, let's face it, they have a good medical school. Cal might be House Reed? The Reeds always gave a bit of a hippie vibe to me after all but I'm open to suggestions. Cal is House mother-fucking Mormont because BEARS mother fucker.

USC is obviously the Lannisters. They're both rich, they both like red, they both like to put people to the sword, and everybody hates them. UCLA would be the House Tyrell. They keep a rose as their sigil, and UCLA has the Rose Bowl. Colorado could maybe be House Arryn, because their seat of power is up in the mountains. Arizona and Arizona State can fight over who gets to be Martell since they’re the only desert-based House worth talking about. Lastly there's Utah who I could argue should be House Greyjoy. There's lots of Mormons in Utah, and house Greyjoy gets pretty religious what with that Drowned God and all.

I'm pretty high right now and I'm not sure why I wrote this out. Mainly I just need the fucking season to start please I'm desperate.

Edit: I just realized I fucked up. Stanford was co-KINGS IN DA NORF last year with Washington.

How did you get OD's latest LARPing script?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How y'all doin'? Just checkin' in. Who's winning the PAC this year and are they Playoff bound?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aight, but do you have enough to make the playoffs?
Washington isn't near as deep as teams like Clemson, Bama, Ohio St., UGA etc ... so if they get the injury bug like they did last year they're fvcked big time. The trick is staying healthy.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington isn't near as deep as teams like Clemson, Bama, Ohio St., UGA etc ... so if they get the injury bug like they did last year they're fvcked big time. The trick is staying healthy.
True, but if healthy ... you think they're in? Y'all have looked good the past couple of seasons, it's just been a matter of schedule and finishing strong, at least that's my opinion.

Let's say you drop a regular season game but still win the PAC ... Clemson has 1 loss as well, but still wins the ACC, Bama's undefeated and wins the SEC, Oklahoma is undefeated and wins the Big 12, and Ohio State loses 1 and wins the B1G .... how do you see that shaking out?

Just fucking with you, because no one can really call that until the season plays out. Just trying to feel out how strong you think Washington is.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if healthy ... you think they're in? Y'all have looked good the past couple of seasons, it's just been a matter of schedule and finishing strong, at least that's my opinion.

Let's say you drop a regular season game but still win the PAC ... Clemson has 1 loss as well, but still wins the ACC, Bama's undefeated and wins the SEC, Oklahoma is undefeated and wins the Big 12, and Ohio State loses 1 and wins the B1G .... how do you see that shaking out?

Just fucking with you, because no one can really call that until the season plays out. Just trying to feel out how strong you think Washington is.
UW should make it if they stay healthy. They have a new OC this year and no way can he be any worse than that fvk they've had the past few years. That guy was a tool. Luckily for Washington, Oregon St. hired him as their HC after last season.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW should make it if they stay healthy. They have a new OC this year and no way can he be any worse than that fvk they've had the past few years. That guy was a tool. Luckily for Washington, Oregon St. hired him as their HC after last season.
Well ... we'll see you there, then ...... hopefully.

:suds:

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How y'all doin'? Just checkin' in. Who's winning the PAC this year and are they Playoff bound?

Who knows this year? heh heh :noidea:

But Washington seems to be the favorite. And that's understandable, all things considered, at this point of time.

USC hasn't determined a QB yet, so obviously, that's a BIG deal for them. IF USC starts off strongly (and continues to do so) with strong QB play from the new QB, then USC & Washington probably battle it out for the Pac12. :nod:

But, I believe whoever DOES win the Pac12 is gonna have to be undefeated to have the chance at the CFP. And I wouldn't necessarily bet on Pac12 having an undefeated team this year. But ya never know!! :heh:

Fight ON!!! :suds:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Posted by

i dont get it