• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Washington missed on Jeremiah Martin. I thought he was a sure flip. :(

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it's not a Charlie Weis type contract an extension is ok with me .

Agree. He's stabilized the program, so he deserved the extension, imo. Still not 100% convinced that he's "the guy" but he's got the program headed in the right direction. Just need to see if he can take the next step.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean was there really any surprise for anyone that USC finished that strongly? If so they haven't followed college recruiting much. Kind of what they do every year.

UCLA is currently up to 28? How are they going to pull that off? :noidea:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean was there really any surprise for anyone that USC finished that strongly? If so they haven't followed college recruiting much. Kind of what they do every year.

Not even SC fans expected to finish this high in the rankings. I'm really starting to hate that school.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may be losing Chris Murray. I guess his mother hates The Visor. And refuses to sign his LOI. She wanted him at Stanford.SC trying to pull the flip on Chip

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chips pulling a Saban and over signing the fuck out of this class. And as usual the cheating douchbag leprechaun looks at the NCAA rule book, the same way a pron star looks at a math book.

But in this specific case, he can get away with it this year as he’s benefiting from the mediocre recruiting Mora did last year. UCLA only took about 17 in last years class and there is a loophole you can exploit where if were below 25, you can count up to 5 against last years class ( but they have to be early enrollees and academically qualify). Since only 17 last year, Chip could actually sign 30 if 5 early enroll.

Two from the class are scheduled to early enroll, Chase Cota and Kyle Phillips, but if he’s taking 28, one more from the class will have to early enroll (and that’s not something you can just invent as you have to have planned your senior classes out a long time ago to have all credits and final tests required to grad over the next month, etc...) or he’ll already be in violation. So yes, it only took less than 2 months on the job, and Chips already in violation of the NCAA rules. What a shocker.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be losing Chris Murray. I guess his mother hates The Visor. And refuses to sign his LOI. She wanted him at Stanford.SC trying to pull the flip on Chip

He’s gonna have to lose 1 unless he can pull another early enrollee out of his douchbag ass.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Washington missed on Jeremiah Martin. I thought he was a sure flip. :(

I believe we’re offically maxed on scholys for this year with adding Eason. We would of had to pull a Saban and force someone off the team with a transfer or fake a medical hardship within a few months to add Martin and that’s not how we roll. If we had the room, I think we would of got him.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we’re offically maxed on scholys for this year with adding Eason. We would of had to pull a Saban and force someone off the team with a transfer or fake a medical hardship within a few months to add Martin and that’s not how we roll. If we had the room, I think we would of got him.
UW is losing Daniel - Ghad ... or however the hell you spell his name. He's a backup QB. He's going to transfer as is one more UW backup QB ... not sure who the other one is.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237943606264350/ <--- btw Kaleb McGary's parents house burned down last night and there's a 'godfundme' thing I pinned to the top of that page. You can donate as long as you aren't a booster which I think also includes Tyee Club members. I don't usually allow those gofundme things in the group but her kid is the starting LT for the Dawgs and coach Pete is going to recruit his little brother who's monster sized.

Kaleb McGary, Washington, Offensive Tackle

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips pulling a Saban and over signing the fuck out of this class. And as usual the cheating douchbag leprechaun looks at the NCAA rule book, the same way a pron star looks at a math book.

But in this specific case, he can get away with it this year as he’s benefiting from the mediocre recruiting Mora did last year. UCLA only took about 17 in last years class and there is a loophole you can exploit where if were below 25, you can count up to 5 against last years class ( but they have to be early enrollees and academically qualify). Since only 17 last year, Chip could actually sign 30 if 5 early enroll.

Two from the class are scheduled to early enroll, Chase Cota and Kyle Phillips, but if he’s taking 28, one more from the class will have to early enroll (and that’s not something you can just invent as you have to have planned your senior classes out a long time ago to have all credits and final tests required to grad over the next month, etc...) or he’ll already be in violation. So yes, it only took less than 2 months on the job, and Chips already in violation of the NCAA rules. What a shocker.
Well he's also technically not in violation as it is. You are allowed to over sign up to 28 until May 1st. Didn't know he already probably covered a couple of them with the early enroll so it's just one he has to figure out before then.

USC finished tied with Georgia in average and both were slightly behind Ohio State in that category. Yes, I know 247's point system is on a bell curve that attempts to normalize varying class sizes, but I still like average.

UW finishes up 13th, but that addition of Eason would have moved them up substantially if he was a recruit so overall value/talent incoming is something higher than 13th. Won't complain either way.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is losing Daniel - Ghad ... or however the hell you spell his name. He's a backup QB. He's going to transfer as is one more UW backup QB ... not sure who the other one is.
Did hear about that.
Karta-Samuels left as 5th year grad and UCLA was a good spot for him with the op. That made sense.
QB is the one position in college ball where transfers are the most natural to occur. Just the nature of the position.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Washington has recruited and built one of the deepest...

ChrisPetersen-e1518117030218-1024x609.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis: Who are the top recruiting targets for each Pac-12 team in 2019?

Arizona
Target: S Noa Pola-Gates (Gilbert)
24/7 rating: 3 stars/No. 22 safety in the nation
In pursuit: Penn State, USC, Washington and Oregon

The top in-state prospect, QB Spencer Rattler, is already committed to Oklahoma. Pola-Gates is on the next tier after a stellar performance at the All-American Bowl.

Arizona State
Target: QB Jacob Conover (Chandler)
247 rating: 3 stars/No. 14 Pro Style QB in the nation
In pursuit: Arizona, BYU, Memphis

The Sun Devils didn’t sign a quarterback in the ’18 class, and it wasn’t essential. But they will need one in ’19, and Conover is the best bet with Rattler (seemingly) off the board.

Cal
Target: QB Hank Bachmeier (Murrieta)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 5 Pro Style QB in the nation
In pursuit: Boise State, Colorado and UCLA

As with ASU, so with the Bears: No quarterback in the class of ’18 makes signing one in ’19 imperative. They’ve been on Bachmeier, who fits the Beau Baldwin model (smart, mobile, accurate), for months.

Colorado
Target: OL Barrett Miller (Aurora)
247 rating: 3 stars/No. 52 OT in the nation
In pursuit: UCLA and Washington

The Buffaloes already have commitments from two of the top-five Colorado prospects. Miller is one of the remaining free agents and plays a position of high-level need.

Oregon State
Target: CB Isaiah Rutherford (Carmichael)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 29 CB in the nation
In pursuit: Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Oregon and Cal

Yep, the Beavers are in deep waters here, but this serves as an early litmus test for new coach Jonathan Smith. Land Rutherford, and the multi-year recruiting impact could be significant.

Oregon
Target: DL Faatui Tuitele (Honolulu)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 2 DT in the country
In pursuit: USC and Washington

The only player rated higher than Tuitele at the position is the No. 1 overall prospect in the country (Ishmael Sopsher). Few commodities are of greater value than dominant DTs, so expect this to be one of the most heated recruiting duels in the west for the next 51 weeks. Also, look for the SEC powers to be heavily involved. (Side note: Tuitele plays for the Saint Louis School, Marcus Mariota’s alma mater.)

Stanford
Target: DE/OLB Joshua Pakola (Mountain View)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 9 DE (weak side) in the nation
In pursuit: Cal, Georgia, UCLA and Washington

Plays down the street from Stanford Stadium at a position of supreme need for the Cardinal (edge rusher) and described Stanford as his “dream school” last summer in an interview with 247.

UCLA
Target: OL Sean Rhyan (San Juan Capistrano)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 13 OT in the nation
In pursuit: Stanford, USC and Washington

High-level Orange County OTs are usually USC’s domain. Keeping Rhyan away from the Trojans is just one reason he’s deeply coveted by the Bruins. Keeping Dorian Thompson-Robinson upright for a few years is another.

USC
Target: ATH Bru McCoy (Santa Ana)
247 rating: 5 stars/No. 1 ATH in the country
In pursuit: Ohio State, Oklahoma, Washington and Oregon

Attends Mater Dei, which just produced three elite prospects in USC’s class of 2018 (including QB JT Daniels). McCoy, who projects as a WR or OLB, already feels like another signing-day victory for the Trojans.

Utah
Target: DL Siaki Ika (Salt Lake City)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 18 DT in the nation
In pursuit: Brigham Young, Alabama and USC

Committed to BYU in 2016, but that’s hardly end-of-story. The Utes successfully flip Cougar commits periodically, and Ika has taken unofficial visits to USC and Alabama.

Washington
Target: LB Maninoa Tufono (Honolulu)
247 rating: 4 stars/No. 4 ILB in the country
In pursuit: Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and USC

The Huskies have already received a commitment from their No. 1 target, QB Dylan Morris, so we’ll call Tufono their No. 1A. He’s at, or near, the top of the list for several other teams, as well.

Washington State
Target: QB Ryan Hilinski (Orange)
247 rating: 3 stars/No. 10 Pro Style QB in the nation
In pursuit: Utah, Arizona State, Mississippi and Northwestern

Deeply emotional and personal situation here: Yep, he’s Tyler’s brother. He’s also an ideal Air Raid quarterback.