• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know they haven't said anything yet. Not a single word out of AZ yet since the news broke last night

I saw on ESPN that they reiterated their statement from back in October. I could be wrong though, because it was passing that I saw it, on the bottom line.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also had Zona had a chance to win this year. A good chance...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kvKXd.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know they haven't said anything yet. Not a single word out of AZ yet since the news broke last night

Only thing I've heard this morning is that Ayton has denied taking any money and Miller says he "will be vindicated."

At this point, I think Arizona is "in for a penny, in for a pound" on both. Just play out the season as is and hope for the best.

Same with my Trojans. They looked to have escaped the DeAnthony Melton situation because they never played him. But now that Bennie Boatwright's Dad and some mentor/former coach of Chimezie Metu's have been accused of taking some money, USC may as well keep playing Metu (Boatwright is out for the season with an injury).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for confirmation, but I can't imagine this espn reporter would put this out there if he wasnt 100% sure it's true.
So.....about that....

96 hours later and Mark Schlabach's story has more holes than a pound of swiss cheese. Not a single additional reporter has corroborated the story. ESPN quietly corrected the date of the supposed wiretapped conversation 3 times (first it was Spring 2017 after Ayton was already committed, then it was spring 2016 before the FBI started tapping Dawkins calls', then it was "sometime in 2016") and now he has been in complete radio silence hiding for 2 straight days. In fact, no one from ESPN is talking about it. Meanwhile Yahoo, CBS, 24/7, and others are piling on ESPN. Pat Forde called it "Seriously questionable" and an "extreme rush to judgement", saying there is zero evidence in the FBI files implicating Sean Miller. Brian Snow says the FBI tapes will exonerate Sean Miller. Schlabach strongly hinted that he hasn't even seen the transcript or heard the audio of the conversation himself. Miller says he will be vindicated. Ayton's lawyers are calling on the FBI to clear his name. Greg Hansen claims that Christian Dawkins himself told him today that the conversation in question was about Brian Bowen not DeAndre Ayton. CBS Sports says that Dawkins and Ayton didn't even know each other and that Dawkins had zero ability to deliver Ayton to anyone.

Sean Miller may very well be guilty of NCAA violations.... but whether he is or not, it seems clear that Mark Schlabacg of ESPN rushed to publish a story based on nothing but the hearsay of one anonymous source - and its looking more and more like his story is completely false.

As a reporter you just cannot run with a story of that magnitude - with that much potential to affect peoples lives and careers - and be wrong.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....about that....

96 hours later and Mark Schlabach's story has more holes than a pound of swiss cheese. Not a single additional reporter has corroborated the story. ESPN quietly corrected the date of the supposed wiretapped conversation 3 times (first it was Spring 2017 after Ayton was already committed, then it was spring 2016 before the FBI started tapping Dawkins calls', then it was "sometime in 2016") and now he has been in complete radio silence hiding for 2 straight days. In fact, no one from ESPN is talking about it. Meanwhile Yahoo, CBS, 24/7, and others are piling on ESPN. Pat Forde called it "Seriously questionable" and an "extreme rush to judgement", saying there is zero evidence in the FBI files implicating Sean Miller. Brian Snow says the FBI tapes will exonerate Sean Miller. Schlabach strongly hinted that he hasn't even seen the transcript or heard the audio of the conversation himself. Miller says he will be vindicated. Ayton's lawyers are calling on the FBI to clear his name. Greg Hansen claims that Christian Dawkins himself told him today that the conversation in question was about Brian Bowen not DeAndre Ayton. CBS Sports says that Dawkins and Ayton didn't even know each other and that Dawkins had zero ability to deliver Ayton to anyone.

Sean Miller may very well be guilty of NCAA violations.... but whether he is or not, it seems clear that Mark Schlabacg of ESPN rushed to publish a story based on nothing but the hearsay of one anonymous source - and its looking more and more like his story is completely false.

As a reporter you just cannot run with a story of that magnitude - with that much potential to affect peoples lives and careers - and be wrong.
Mark err I mean Greg Hasen said he was told by somebody whos name rhymes with "look". He said about an hour ago he was basically just bull shiting and was speculating. Same old Hansen being a jackass.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller stopped "recruiting" last September because he smelled that he was going to get busted. It was on 98.7 radio today wit Mr Hansen. The player that was offered 100K was in fact not Ayton but another player who never made it to Tucson. You can find the interview on ariZonasports.com

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is being a UOFA fan must be rough this past year (Rich Rod now Sean Miller) To be honest, if Romar takes over the HC job than I would be ecstatic because he cannot coach worth a shit. If you do not like this post than you can lick my balls.