• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 Network Analyst: “Mike Hopkins is going to be Coach of the Year”

hopkins

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crazy finish. Watched it start to finish. Zona looked like they had momentum a few times coming down the stretch and UW just kept answering. And that last series... Denied on the short jumper only to have a falling away 3 go in.

Hopkins all but locking up COY with what he's doing.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crazy finish. Watched it start to finish. Zona looked like they had momentum a few times coming down the stretch and UW just kept answering. And that last series... Denied on the short jumper only to have a falling away 3 go in.

rvCYZhv.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was expecting a really shitty rebuilding year, but man, Hopkins has proved me wrong. I was sad when we got rid of Romar due to his recruiting class and the fact that he's a great guy, but thank God we hired Hopkins.

Not a big basketball guy, but really awesome what he's doing for UW so far.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a really shitty rebuilding year, but man, Hopkins has proved me wrong. I was sad when we got rid of Romar due to his recruiting class and the fact that he's a great guy, but thank God we hired Hopkins.

Not a big basketball guy, but really awesome what he's doing for UW so far.
Have to admit I've never been to a college basketball game. Went to many Sonics games back in the day, but just never made it to hec ed. Haven't paid a whole lot of attention to them the last 5 years or so with how bad they were, particularly on defense. It was just too frustrating to watch.

Sure, who didn't like Romar the man, but as a coach he fell way off the pace of the game and everyone knew it was time to move on.

No one would have guessed Hopkins would come in with pretty much the same team that couldn't win anything last year minus Fultz and do all of this.

Program is looking up for sure.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dawgs are proving they are more than just that cute team who will pick off a few wins this year. This team just looks different than it did the last couple years under Romar. They seemed stale, or content, or effortless as a team before but that mid '00's effort and "want to" is back.

I liked the Hopkins hire a lot when it was announced, but like most, and understandably, I didn't expect much this year or even next since these aren't his recruits. Coming off a 2 win conference season, where it looked like everyone was just waiting for the #1 overall NBA pick to carry them through the year, who would expect much more? The drastic change in such a small time frame though, with Coach Hop bringing in a whole new defensive scheme ("What's that mean?" - Lorenzo Romar) and these kids buying in 100% is shocking.

Noah Dickerson looks like John Brockman all of a sudden, after shedding some weight for this season. Thybulle has become a defensive force after not living up to his potential for 2 years. Hopefully Jaylen Nowell sticks around a couple years, because he's talented, but raw, and could really turn into a huge player with a little seasoning.

Finally, back to Mike Hopkins. I haven't been able to catch many live games this year, but I've been following along. Recorded tonight's game and they highlighted how he's embraced the fans. He bought them all pizza before the Gonzaga game. This week he took out a full page ad in the Seattle Times to thank the fans and community for welcoming him to Seattle. We responded with 2 sellouts and 2 top 25 upsets. I love a coach who recognizes the fan impact and embraces the community, especially when coming from a program on the other side of the country. He genuinely seems like a likeable person and I appreciate that.

Fucking pumped after this win!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington now with for Q1 wins on the season, and no truly bad losses. Also own wins over current Big Sky leader and undefeated in conference Montana, current OVC leader Belmont and current Big West leader UC-Davis. If they simply take care of business(split the 4 road games, and win out at home), they should be a single digit seed in the tournament.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington now with for Q1 wins on the season, and no truly bad losses. Also own wins over current Big Sky leader and undefeated in conference Montana, current OVC leader Belmont and current Big West leader UC-Davis. If they simply take care of business(split the 4 road games, and win out at home), they should be a single digit seed in the tournament.
Plus they beat Kansas @ Kansas

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats UW. You guys got all the 50-50 balls and made some prayers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they were fortunate to come out with a win. You could see the talent disparity for spurts in that game and I haven't seen many teams getting as many easy transition buckets all season. UW doesn't have the same size, but got just enough stops and zona struggled just enough for that all important home W. Looked like the lack of outside shooting was a big difference.

This coach is making a connection with his teams and with the fans. I've never seen a coach pay so much actual money out of his own pocket to show the fans what they mean. He bought pizza for the fans before the Gonzaga game and paid for a full length ad in the paper last week after the WSU game.

image1-1020x1360.jpeg

Who does that shit?

He had tears in his eyes as he thanked the crowd last night. That was the very first thing he did.

He's made an instant impact on the program and a deep connection with the fans. Of course winning will do that for any coach, but this is somehow something more. Even those of us who don't typically follow college basketball are on board and suddenly following and getting to know more than box scores again.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a hell of a game last night. The hustle that this group plays with is what made the difference last night. And man, watching Dickerson out work Ayton and Ristic down low was unreal. He’s got serious old man moves . And why Arizona didn’t know that Crisp can’t finish with his right hand is beyond me. The attention to detail between the two coaching staffs was glaring.

No doubt Arizona is the more talented team, and a final four run wouldn’t surprise anybody but last night, it was UW’s night.

:suds::suds: Dawg fans. Dubs up!

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird team. The resume is certainly there, but their kenpom rank is in the 80s.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be in the next top-25 and looking good for an ncaa berth. GO DAWGS!!!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually reminded me of the Isaiah Thomas shot back in the PAC 12 tournament years ago but even more difficult.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't Cal better at sports?