• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ gets to beat up on someone from KU and ASU?

Sweeeeet.

I think by the 2018-2019 season, Hurley will have them in the NCAA Tournament. Along with Bragg, they also have some other high quality transfers that are sitting out 2017-2018.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by the 2018-2019 season, Hurley will have them in the NCAA Tournament. Along with Bragg, they also have some other high quality transfers that are sitting out 2017-2018.

Hurley is going to get ASU in the top tier of the PAC sooner rather than later.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Kuzma is hiring an agent and staying in the draft. Huge loss for Utah. My guess is they take a step back. There is going to be a huge drop off from whoever finishes 4th(my guess would be Oregon) and who finishes 5th in the conference. Cal, Utah and Colorado should all be worse.

As of now, I'd go:

1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Oregon
5. Stanford

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 2018-2019 will be that year. All those transfers become eligible. And he's recruited well since he's been at ASU so those younger players will have gained experience by then.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 2018-2019 will be that year. All those transfers become eligible. And he's recruited well since he's been at ASU so those younger players will have gained experience by then.

It's certainly possible. They do have quite a few transfers that will be ready that year, and some young guys that can grow. I like Hurley and think he can get that group to produce. There are a lot of moving pieces, and we're talking about almost two years from now, though. I'll wait and see.

I might be one of the few AZ fans that hope so. Not only does another solid Pac squad help the conference, but it also directly helps AZ. Because the Pac has 6 schools paired, and we always travel and host another pair every week, it's great for teams to have to come to AZ and face two strong teams, and have ASU help us bring better competition on our road trips. Pac schools are a little more affected by their rival's success as they both face other states together, than teams in other conferences.

All of that being said, AZ has to beat the teams in front of them by themselves, and haven't been able to depend on ASU for shit for almost a decade. But years where both schools in a state (and Socal, Norcal, and the Mountain Schools) are tough competition, I think they definitely help each other out against the other schools.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible. They do have quite a few transfers that will be ready that year, and some young guys that can grow. I like Hurley and think he can get that group to produce. There are a lot of moving pieces, and we're talking about almost two years from now, though. I'll wait and see.

I might be one of the few AZ fans that hope so. Not only does another solid Pac squad help the conference, but it also directly helps AZ. Because the Pac has 6 schools paired, and we always travel and host another pair every week, it's great for teams to have to come to AZ and face two strong teams, and have ASU help us bring better competition on our road trips. Pac schools are a little more affected by their rival's success as they both face other states together, than teams in other conferences.

All of that being said, AZ has to beat the teams in front of them by themselves, and haven't been able to depend on ASU for shit for almost a decade. But years where both schools in a state (and Socal, Norcal, and the Mountain Schools) are tough competition, I think they definitely help each other out against the other schools.

I think next year they might even be able to get to as high as 6th in the Pac 12. Even finishing 6th I doubt gets them in next year, but it's another step in the right direction and then the following year he has all those transfers eligible. ASU is an extremely hard job, as you know. I don't think ASU is a place you can turn around overnight.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year they might even be able to get to as high as 6th in the Pac 12. Even finishing 6th I doubt gets them in next year, but it's another step in the right direction and then the following year he has all those transfers eligible. ASU is an extremely hard job, as you know. I don't think ASU is a place you can turn around overnight.

Sixth isn't a bad pick, they might be able to get there. The bottom of the Pac will help them.

I don't know what to think about how hard ASU's program is to get on track. ASU fans like to play victim about how difficult they have it. I can certainly agree, and see their point to some extent. But that being said, there isn't anything else going on in PHX that they need to compete with. I'd compare them to USC, and maybe even USC has it more difficult because of UCLA in the same city. It's also not like trying to bring kids to Pullman, or Corvallis, nor is it anywhere near trying to get kids to go to Stanford or Cal. But ASU has to compete with AZ and UCLA, as well as the rest of the Pac for kids in the west, and also compete for kids in Texas, etc.

If Enfield can turn around USC, or Boyle can turn around Colorado, then ASU can't be as tough as their fans make it out to be. I'm not saying it's easy, obviously some decent coaches have come and gone from Tempe, but its a big school that has plenty of room in PHX, great weather, easy classes, a great college experience, almost no competition from other sports at ASU, good coach, and power conference.

I hope he's able to do well with his transfers so it can carry over into his recruiting, and pick up the program. I'd love a top ten matchup between AZ and ASU and a top half (in the Pac) ASU every year. Great for ASU, AZ, and the conference.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Kuzma is hiring an agent and staying in the draft. Huge loss for Utah. My guess is they take a step back. There is going to be a huge drop off from whoever finishes 4th(my guess would be Oregon) and who finishes 5th in the conference. Cal, Utah and Colorado should all be worse.

As of now, I'd go:

1. Arizona
2. USC
3. UCLA
4. Oregon
5. Stanford

I look at it as Arizona followed by the 2nd tier of USC, UCLA and Oregon. It gets really tough to predict after that. I like Coach K at Utah so I wouldn't count them out, even without Kuzma.

After the top 4, I think Stanford, ASU and Utah will be in contention for that 5 spot.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cannot come soon enough. I continue to wait. I really like Hurley's style.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixth isn't a bad pick, they might be able to get there. The bottom of the Pac will help them.

I don't know what to think about how hard ASU's program is to get on track. ASU fans like to play victim about how difficult they have it. I can certainly agree, and see their point to some extent. But that being said, there isn't anything else going on in PHX that they need to compete with. I'd compare them to USC, and maybe even USC has it more difficult because of UCLA in the same city. It's also not like trying to bring kids to Pullman, or Corvallis, nor is it anywhere near trying to get kids to go to Stanford or Cal. But ASU has to compete with AZ and UCLA, as well as the rest of the Pac for kids in the west, and also compete for kids in Texas, etc.

If Enfield can turn around USC, or Boyle can turn around Colorado, then ASU can't be as tough as their fans make it out to be. I'm not saying it's easy, obviously some decent coaches have come and gone from Tempe, but its a big school that has plenty of room in PHX, great weather, easy classes, a great college experience, almost no competition from other sports at ASU, good coach, and power conference.

I hope he's able to do well with his transfers so it can carry over into his recruiting, and pick up the program. I'd love a top ten matchup between AZ and ASU and a top half (in the Pac) ASU every year. Great for ASU, AZ, and the conference.
You, CTP are stereotyping "easy classes" my ass. I agree with most of this except that comment. ASU is one of the top schools in the country. I told you guys when Hurley was hired to give ASU 3 or 4 years. I cannot wait for 2018

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, CTP are stereotyping "easy classes" my ass. I agree with most of this except that comment. ASU is one of the top schools in the country. I told you guys when Hurley was hired to give ASU 3 or 4 years. I cannot wait for 2018

Easy classes compared to the UCLAs, USCs, Cals, and Stanfords that ASU competes with for most of their recruits. AZ is in the same category as ASU. As respectable as both schools are in academics (relatively speaking), neither school is an academic powerhouse like some of the other schools I just named.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is one of the top schools in the country? In what universe?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm surprised by this move. Arizona isn't that much different in terms of collecting high, high level high school players. If he couldn't see the court at Duke it makes me wonder if he'll see it at Zona?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised by this move. Arizona isn't that much different in terms of collecting high, high level high school players. If he couldn't see the court at Duke it makes me wonder if he'll see it at Zona?

My exact thought.

Wtf

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised he didn't pick Gonzaga myself. He does have to sit out a year though and by that time he'll have a year of Miller's practices under his belt, Ristic will have graduated and Ayton most likely gone pro.