• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo to waddle his way back to SF

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Pablo Sandoval left San Francisco following the 2014 season and blasted the Giants on his way out, it appeared a bridge had been burned forever. Two and a half years later, that bridge has been miraculously reconstructed, allowing Sandoval the opportunity to return to the city he helped win three World Series championship.
According to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez, Sandoval is coming back to the Giants on a minor league deal. He will report to Triple A Sacramento in the coming days, where he’ll be evaluated for a potential return to the Giants.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Boston's paying for it, right?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor league deal. Hasn't been official yet til Friday... Which means it could not happen as well but he's going there, no one else wants him

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A failed acquisition, won't be missed like the money.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as baseball goes, this moves hardly moves the needle.

But Giants fans are NOT happy about this move. Twitter has been blowing up since the news was leaked last night. It reeks of a marketing grab by the org.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Giants fans are NOT happy about this move. Twitter has been blowing up since the news was leaked last night. It reeks of a marketing grab by the org.

I don't quite understand the marketing move. I just don't see how this is really going to generate fan interest after the initial reunion. If he is hitting .175 no one is going to care much about him being on the team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many guys fall off a table like he did, in his prime?
the dude hit 3 HR in the WS in 2012.

i honestly believe he wanted out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many guys fall off a table like he did, in his prime?
the dude hit 3 HR in the WS in 2012.

i honestly believe he wanted out.

His weight issues were an issue going back to 2010. I would guess his poor production is due to him wilting under the limelight in Boston. He has a fragile ego and doesn't handle adversity and criticism well. Prior to Sandoval leaving for Boston, one of our local Giants broadcasters Mike Krukow questioned whether Pablo could deal with being in the spotlight in Boston. Krukow has interacted with Pablo during his time on Giants and commented that Pablo had a real difficult time dealing with his slump and criticism from the press. That got magnified 10 times in Boston especially with the contract he signed.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His weight issues were an issue going back to 2010. I would guess his poor production is due to him wilting under the limelight in Boston. He has a fragile ego and doesn't handle adversity and criticism well. Prior to Sandoval leaving for Boston, one of our local Giants broadcasters Mike Krukow questioned whether Pablo could deal with being in the spotlight in Boston. Krukow has interacted with Pablo during his time on Giants and commented that Pablo had a real difficult time dealing with his slump and criticism from the press. That got magnified 10 times in Boston especially with the contract he signed.
i wanted NO part of pablo, for 2 reasons:

complacency with the money
a rabid fan base in a city with a big microscope.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were right.
what other grown athlete has to be babay sat for his diet?

his ballooning weight was a huge red flag. those guys deteriorate, fast.

sandobelt.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what other grown athlete has to be babay sat for his diet?

his ballooning weight was a huge red flag. those guys deteriorate, fast.

sandobelt.gif
You're right. This is probably his last chance to salvage his career. I would be he doesn't take advantage of it. He will end up with Eddie Lacy hanging out at buffet restaurants

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O that poor, poor belt. Never had a chance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but it's a minor league deal and the Giants aren't paying him a dime.... It really shouldn't mean anything to Giants fans...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. This is probably his last chance to salvage his career. I would be he doesn't take advantage of it. He will end up with Eddie Lacy hanging out at buffet restaurants
he really did slim down this year, it was quite the sight after he snapped that belt on a swing (something i never saw and we had mo vaughn)

if hes in shape and motivated to prove everyone wrong? maybe. but hes got 50 mil coming to him for being fat and losing his job.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy really fell from grace. Was a time he was such a good player. Wonder if reuniting with the Giants will help his career.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it's a minor league deal and the Giants aren't paying him a dime.... It really shouldn't mean anything to Giants fans...
Has nothing to do with the money (that the G's aren't on the hook for anyway). It has everything to do with that lard ass talking shit and crapping all over the org that supported and looked out for him. Unless he hits at least one HR a game and gloves every infield hit, he can eat cat shit from a dirty dog bowl for all I care. To top it off, his official statement when asked was, "I'm waiting for Friday to make a decision". Oh, yeah fuckface? Like you have SOOOOO many other options? The other 28 teams are just pounding down your door! Boston can't get rid of you fast enough. Fuck off.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with the money (that the G's aren't on the hook for anyway). It has everything to do with that lard ass talking shit and crapping all over the org that supported and looked out for him. Unless he hits at least one HR a game and gloves every infield hit, he can eat cat shit from a dirty dog bowl for all I care. To top it off, his official statement when asked was, "I'm waiting for Friday to make a decision". Oh, yeah fuckface? Like you have SOOOOO many other options? The other 28 teams are just pounding down your door! Boston can't get rid of you fast enough. Fuck off.

This. I don't know why the organization would sign that fucker. Fuck him straight in his empenada hole.